Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 195 / 241
  RSS
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

So mine arrived  this afternoon. I ordered it April 15th 2020 and it arrived today Just 26th 2020. Everything works so far, though I don't like the cabling for the filament runout sensor. It keeps getting caught on the other two wires. I'll try moving it so it's under one of the other wires. 
The mini is louder then I thought it would be. It's travel movements are noisy. 

It's here, and it's working and it's printing it's first benchy. 

A few quick PETG prints for a handle and a USB relocate, and we'll be off and running. 

Thanks all for the spreadsheet and the comradery while we waited. 

I'm off to start me first project.. https://www.3dsets.com/product/model-2-rancher-4x4-hardtop/
One of these is Black and Pearl Mouse silver.. though I may do a Prusa Orange one later 🙂

Good luck all. 

Posted : 27/07/2020 1:14 am
Gordon W liked
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

I tried a few more testprints over the weekend and have to say it works like a charm with PLA.

When i tried to print felxible filament (TPU from dasfilament.de) yesterday though it was less than perfect. The Filament got squished though the tiny gap between the extruder wheel and the housing of the xtruder where it got stuck. It was a real pain in the A** to get it out again.
I didn't think its going to be a problem, since the Mini is supposed to print Flex but maybe I just have to tinker with the settings a bit. Maybe higher temps or lower speed will help.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Dr. Wunderlurch
Posted : 27/07/2020 11:50 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@dr-wunderlurch

I don't think Bowden extruders are very good with flexible filament. I have both a mini & MK3S, so I have a choice. TPU only goes on my MK3S. 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 27/07/2020 12:03 pm
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

I know that bowden is not perfect for flex, but when they listed Flex as a material that's possible to print i thought it should work somehow, even if not perfect. But it didn't work at all.

Posted : 28/07/2020 7:32 am
handro
(@handro)
Posted by: @charles-h13

To those that want an extra build plate, I would recommend theKKIINNGG for the mini.  It is currently sold out but I am sure he will produce more.  I have tried 4 alternatives to Prusa's plates and will be doing an article.  I prefer theKKiinngg, but I have tried the following also:

1. BCZAMD Powder coated sheet
  2. FYSETC Power coated sheet
  3. Trianglelabs Powder Coated Sheet

They are back in stock on Amazon. 

Posted : 29/07/2020 2:44 am
Owens2303
(@owens2303)
Eminent Member

My Prusa Mini has just been delivered to Australia, left last Friday 24th then went to Germany, up to Russia and back down to Japan last Wednesday and I recieved today Thursday 30th July not bad going half way around the world in 6 days visiting 5 countries in all. Now to assemble.

Posted : 30/07/2020 2:57 am
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @handro

To those that want an extra build plate, I would recommend theKKIINNGG for the mini.  It is currently sold out but I am sure he will produce more.  I have tried 4 alternatives to Prusa's plates and will be doing an article.  I prefer theKKiinngg, but I have tried the following also:

What's wrong with the Prusa Sheet?  Textured or PEI.  Cost about the same.

Posted : 30/07/2020 5:38 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @smoking_rubber

What's wrong with the Prusa Sheet?  Textured or PEI.  Cost about the same.

@smoking_rubber

Nothing wrong with Prusa's sheets.  Every sheet has its strengths and weaknesses.   Wrote a lengthy post on experimenting with plates when Prusa delayed releasing their textured plates for the MK3s.  I learned two things: PEI is about as perfect a surface as you can buy, and there is no ideal surface for that perfect for every filament.  

I have about 10-15 different sheets for the Mk3s.  I used one specific type for nylon and another for certain overly sticky ABS filaments.  Those are just two examples of special use plates I have.  The one I use for ABS is a cheap late I bought that did nto work well for PLA because it did not stick well enough, but it perfect for this use.  

I will do a review of each surface and post the results.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/07/2020 9:25 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

Aaaand sold out.

Posted : 30/07/2020 11:48 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I tell you that theKKIINNGG is obe of the better one.  I bought 3.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/07/2020 12:52 pm
Tom
 Tom
(@tom-39)

So I've had my Mini for a few weeks now and whilst I'm liking it, I've not been blown away by it. I've had massive issues with stringing which I can't seem to fix. I'm wondering if its the filament I use, but Prusa's own PETG suffers from it as well.

Anyone else had any luck fixing the stringing issues?

Posted : 30/07/2020 1:39 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@magicpracticalflame

I had the same issue, trying to print Prusament PETG with the Prusament PETG presets. I switched to Prusa PETG presets & stringing came under control. The only difference I can see in these presets are extruder temperature. Prusament PETG preset extrudes at 240/250 while Prusa PETG extrudes at 230/240. It doesn't make sense that Prusament extrudes better with Prusa PETG settings on the Mini, but that's what works for me.

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 30/07/2020 2:25 pm
ChillyPenguin
(@chillypenguin)
Trusted Member

Shipping times have been updated. Looks like I should get my Mini in med September 😀 ordered mid July.

Posted : 03/08/2020 6:34 am
ChillyPenguin
(@chillypenguin)
Trusted Member

Shipping times have been updated. Looks like I should get my Mini in med September 😀 ordered mid July.

Posted : 03/08/2020 6:35 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@chillygeo

I think you will get that sooner based on the speed up.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 03/08/2020 8:52 am
Tyger1
(@tyger1)

Not sure if the file is still being updated. Looks like mine was a little ahead of schedule relative to the latest shipping table.

Order placed 5/23/2020

Qty: 1

Color: Orange 

Invoice last 5-digits: 77334

shipped 8/05/2020

PEI + TXT & Filament sensor

To Switzerland 

Posted : 05/08/2020 6:58 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

My order from 5-19 (orange w/ sensor) has not shipped yet.  Hopefully it's on the next shipment to USA though.

Posted : 05/08/2020 8:15 pm
maciejkorsan
(@maciejkorsan)
Posted by: @patrick-t1

Not sure if the file is still being updated. Looks like mine was a little ahead of schedule relative to the latest shipping table.

I don't know, it looks like it stuck on April, I still haven't got any info about shipping my order from May 17th (to Poland)

Posted : 06/08/2020 10:18 pm
marklinmax
(@marklinmax)
Posted by: @maciejkorsan

I don't know, it looks like it stuck on April, I still haven't got any info about shipping my order from May 17th (to Poland)

Yes, mine is from May 9th to France, and no more info than you.
Maybe they focus on reducing other products delays, as they took some advance on their planned schedule for the mini.

Posted : 07/08/2020 6:15 am
sales-6
(@sales-6)
Posted by: @maciejkorsan

Yeah ordered on 11th May to UK still no shipped email 🙁 funny how they put these in order of preference 

Posted : 07/08/2020 7:30 am
Page 195 / 241
Share: