Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 186 / 241
  RSS
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@equidamoid

Yes, but now you would have real evidence for Prusa, that the post address is correct.

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:06 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

My steppers are warm to the touch.  I am not sure how normal that is.  

Anyone measure the temperature?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:06 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@hawwwran

Not an uncommon occurrence.  I always cut the end off of the filament and chamfer my PTFE to avoid this.  

This thing is a timesaver: 0-14mm Steel Hold Puncher Reamer

What end do you chamfer?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:09 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

The near end (spool side) is chamfered on the inside to allow easier entry of the filament.  The far side (extruder) is chamfered on the outside.  The near side is where I use the metal tool and the far side is where I use a jig.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:21 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

The near end (spool side) is chamfered on the inside to allow easier entry of the filament.  The far side (extruder) is chamfered on the outside.  The near side is where I use the metal tool and the far side is where I use a jig.  

Thanks. One question about steel sheets. Does it somehow remember z calibration for multiple sheets or do I need to write the numbers down and change it everytime I switch the plates?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:40 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I have a bunch of sheets and each has their one z value.  

I label them in the far right corner.  I label it: “Mini: PETG: -0.654”.  I label them with the printer, filament used, and value.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/06/2020 12:55 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @tm4n

@cho

This makes me quite nervous. My mini finally shipped, and the package was picked up by DPD yesterday at 10:30. Since then, nothing. They still say that they are going to deliver today, but since it hasn't even reached Germany I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

I'm also living in Berlin, and all the delivery companies really suck here. The delivery drivers always lie and say that I wasn't at home, but they don't even try to deliver the package; happened just yesterday with DHL. It's always delivered to some random neighbour or shop, often not even the nearest one. Anyway, good luck in getting this sorted out quickly!

How about you now? Did you clear this with DPD? Did you get the printer yet?

Unfortunately there is no news from Prusa or DPD concerning the missing Prusa Mini. It's only 17 days since the parcel supposedly arrived in the shop. That's really customer service as it should be - in 1950's with lots of waiting and waiting and waiting. Yeah, it's not frustration anymore, it's pure annoyance 🤮 😡 🤬 👎 

Posted by: @hawwwran

What about on this photo?

What did you have done for it? 😉 

Posted by: @hawwwran

@hawwwran

Thanks. One question about steel sheets. Does it somehow remember z calibration for multiple sheets or do I need to write the numbers down and change it everytime I switch the plates?

Yes, you have to remember the offset for every sheet. But remember, this is only valid until you make changes to the heatblock or the nozzle! 🙂

At some point Prusa might integrate sheet management into the Mini. But for that you would have to be able to write in the EEPROM (gcode M500) again. For a friend of mine I tried to recompile the firmware and adjust it accordingly, but whatever Prusa did, it currently prevents this setting. This is quite strange - I wonder why. This is actually standard.

Posted : 15/06/2020 1:24 pm
Tm4n
 Tm4n
(@tm4n)
Posted by: @cho

How about you now? Did you clear this with DPD? Did you get the printer yet?

Unfortunately there is no news from Prusa or DPD concerning the missing Prusa Mini. It's only 17 days since the parcel supposedly arrived in the shop. That's really customer service as it should be - in 1950's with lots of waiting and waiting and waiting. Yeah, it's not frustration anymore, it's pure annoyance 🤮 😡 🤬 👎 

I feel you, this whole situation is hugely unsatisfying! Prusa should just stop using DPD.
Regarding my shipping, I contacted Prusa and DPD, but it is not clear yet what will happen. I will let everyone know when the mini arrives, for sure 😉

I actually posted this info earlier but it is "awaiting moderation", so the AI found some evil words in my post?

Posted : 15/06/2020 1:49 pm
mike-io
(@mike-io)

Yay! it finally shipped! Scheduled delivery for the 17th and spreadsheet updated.

Posted : 15/06/2020 2:25 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@tm4n

What a load of crap DPD's pulling. And Prusa doesn't seem to be doing any better right now 🙁 I have the feeling that I'm being abandoned by Prusa. As much as I hate to say this, even a Chinese on AliExpress would have offered me a solution faster than Prusa..

Your first 5 (or 10?) posts are moderated. After that you can post without a delay.

Posted : 15/06/2020 2:25 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @cho

What a load of crap DPD's pulling. And Prusa doesn't seem to be doing any better right now 🙁 I have the feeling that I'm being abandoned by Prusa. As much as I hate to say this, even a Chinese on AliExpress would have offered me a solution faster than Prusa..

Having just dealt with Artillery for a defective bed thermistor, I can say Prusa's response rate is far superior. After a 3 day email exchange with exhaustive numbers of pictures of a broken wire, Artillery said they'd send a replacement on a priority basis. It's been well over 6 weeks now.

Another guy had a heatbreak snap and spent many weeks trying to get a replacement from a 3rd party, only to realize after installation he has a defective motherboard. He spent a few weeks trying to get Artillery to respond and now is in the long queue for a replacement.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 15/06/2020 2:40 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

An don’t get me started on Creality.  I have an Ender 3 that still sets dormant after 16 months.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/06/2020 2:49 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

Of course, I also know the problems with Chinese dealers and manufacturers after they have received the money. Unfortunately, Prusa is not any better here at the moment from my point of view, because Prusa got their money at December 2019 and my package has now been gone for 17 days. I think this is a very long time and I should finally expect a solution. But maybe @josefprusa can help me before I get old and grey.. :/

Posted : 15/06/2020 2:52 pm
equi
 equi
(@equi)

Oh, the DPD club is pretty big here apparently.

Just to add to the pile, I've heard (after complaining about a completely different package DPD just lost without trace) that here in NL shops now have to use DPD because all the normal delivery services are overloaded (probably depends on the region) and don't take orders.

Maybe similar reasons prevent Prusa from switching to something that works.

This post was modified 4 years ago by equi
Posted : 15/06/2020 3:26 pm
equi
 equi
(@equi)
Posted by: @tm4n

I actually posted this info earlier but it is "awaiting moderation", so the AI found some evil words in my post?

Hmm, same here. It could also be that someone reported our comments 🤡 

Posted : 15/06/2020 3:29 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@cho

I wrote in the order note that I would love to have my printer signed by Jo if it would be possible.

Posted : 15/06/2020 4:39 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cho

I would beg to differ.  I get a response from Prusa and fixes that worked.  All I got from Creality was a bunch of cheap parts they will not print.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/06/2020 4:44 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

At least with Prusa you can get a hold of a real person 24 hrs a day.  You may not be happy with the resolution YET, but communication is invaluable.  Cho, you know they will eventually make you whole.  It may not be happening as fast as you'd like, but it's likely not Prusa's fault even though they'll be the one bending over backward to make you straight.  With a Chinese maker you wouldn't even be feeling a breeze of warm air being blown up your a$$.

Posted : 15/06/2020 5:27 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@cho

I would beg to differ.  I get a response from Prusa and fixes that worked.  All I got from Creality was a bunch of cheap parts they will not print.  

Yes, it may be that Creality does not deliver the perfection that Prusa promises its customers. But there are also several classes between the prices of both manufacturers. With an Ender / CR-NN you have to do more "hands on" (my Ender 3 has been printing very well for years, even if I had repairs from time to time). But also these machines run quite well and depending on the abilities of the user even very well.

What really disappoints me here is that Prusa just puts me off and tells me to wait and see. Everything has been paid for a long time and I am now waiting for my goods. The transport is the responsibility of the seller - here Prusa. My suggestion to at least deliver another order from me, if the clarification takes longer, has been rejected. Where is the service now?

Posted : 15/06/2020 5:28 pm
Bill Plein
(@bill-plein)
Eminent Member

Received my Jan 21 order today. Spreadsheet updated. My work day is going seem long and slow .... will open the box tonight. 

Austin, Texas, USA

Posted : 15/06/2020 5:31 pm
Page 186 / 241
Share: