Notifications
Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 181 / 241
  RSS
Piers
(@piers)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I've just had an email saying my printer is on the way (Mini +all the optional everything)

I ordered on the 9th of January.

Posted : 04/06/2020 5:11 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @jim-stoddart

For those still (semi-patiently) waiting on the shipment notice (ordered mine on 12/25/2019), was your order status ever updated beyond "Payment Accepted"?

The MMU2S I ordered 8 weeks ago changed it's status from Payment Accepted to Shipped last week.  It will allegedly arrive on my doorstep today.... ALLEGEDLY.  My Mini still says Payment Accepted though 🙁 (Only ordered only 4 weeks ago so I'm not really pouting yet).

Posted : 04/06/2020 5:17 pm
Bill Plein
(@bill-plein)
Eminent Member

Looks like someone deleted my record from the spreadsheet. I'll add it back in again. Careful with this tool, folks!

Austin, Texas, USA

Posted : 04/06/2020 11:24 pm
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member

Been printing on the Mini for a bit over a week now. It's putting out higher quality prints than any MK3S in some respects! Curved surfaces are smoother than they would be on it's big brother. Both PLA and PETG printed great, across a few dozen hours of printing. Pretty quiet.

I can't believe Prusa still sends out textured sheets which PLA won't stick to. I had to _scour_ the textured sheet with a scotchbrite pad + soap and water before anything would stick to it. I await a Thekkiinngg sheet for the Mini like I'm using on the MK3S. I watched Thomas Sanladerer's Mini unboxing stream and his PLA attempts went the same as mine and then he swapped to the smooth sheet, so I'm not the only one, and the issue is reported sporadically by others on the forums and reddit.

I didn't do anything other than assembly, didn't adjust the hotend nor the MINDA, and I'm having zero extrusion problems with good and crappy filament alike.

Interestingly the USB stick included with the printer spontaneously died today with no fanfare. Sliced a model to the stick, ejected it, popped it in the Mini, nothing. Reseated it, nothing. Cycled the Mini's power, no change. Oh crap did its USB port die? Different stick works fine, good. Tried the first stick in the original  PC (and then confirmed in another unrelated one), Windows enumerates it but it's now zero bytes, and it has no partitions in Disk Management and can't be formatted. Classic USB flash drive dying symptoms. (I work in IT)

Support surprisingly did an RMA for it! Shipping alone probably will cost more than the stick, so wow. Great support.

TL;DR: Mini print good, make little noise, Texture sheet make sad, USB stick die, Support replace, thumb go up.

Posted : 05/06/2020 1:31 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no order changes marked in our spreadsheet yesterday.

MPETS: 6.Jun (slowing down)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 05/06/2020 6:58 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@with_maltodextrin

So you suggest to create a clone/copy of the content of the USB stick before plugin it into the printer ?

Posted : 05/06/2020 8:53 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

The shipping table has been updated again, and now shows all November orders have now shipped. Any objections if I make the assumption that outstanding orders on the sheet are people who have not come back to update their entry, and mark them all as delivered?

I'll 'rollup' the November orders in the same way as I did the October orders at the same time.

Posted : 05/06/2020 10:30 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @gordon-w

The shipping table has been updated again, and now shows all November orders have now shipped. Any objections if I make the assumption that outstanding orders on the sheet are people who have not come back to update their entry, and mark them all as delivered?

I'll 'rollup' the November orders in the same way as I did the October orders at the same time.

Make it so! 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 05/06/2020 11:12 am
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @kiwo

@with_maltodextrin

So you suggest to create a clone/copy of the content of the USB stick before plugin it into the printer ?

Always create a backup ... then create a backup of that backup.

The first thing I did with the MK3S was to backup the sd card because I didn't want to randomly lose sample files.  That being said, I think you can download the sample set?

Posted : 05/06/2020 4:38 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@smoking_rubber

IIRC it asked me if I want to install sample files when installing driver package. You can find list here too: https://www.prusa3d.com/printable-3d-models/  

Posted : 05/06/2020 6:59 pm
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member

@with_maltodextrin

Nah, there's nothing on the stick from the factory that isn't already redownloadable from the Prusa site. Just sample .gcode and the very latest firmware file.

Just don't store precious memories on the USB stick is my suggestion. You can always generate .gcode in your slicer again if it fails.

Posted : 05/06/2020 10:53 pm
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

Well after 2 solid days of printing admittedly only with PLA at the moment.. and waiting near 26 weeks.. numerous times of thinking about cancelling my order.. this printer is fantastic right out of the box..

So far all I have added to the printer, is a USB LED strip. and a hotend sock. 
I would love to add a larger screen to it. and maybe a hardened steel Hotend so I can print things like carbon.. but I really cant think of anything else the mini would require.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 06/06/2020 6:15 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 8.Jan marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Three orders were directly marked as delivered as prusa said all November orders were shipped.

MPETS: 6.Jun (steady)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 06/06/2020 8:01 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@stephensmith

PLA is from Prusa ? 

Posted : 06/06/2020 8:20 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

@stephensmith

PLA is from Prusa ? 

Not using the Prusament yet.. I am using Esun glitter at the moment.. and creality Black.. and anything else I have laying around, just to test it.

All so far have printed perfectly.. Benchy on the USB with ESun Glitter is probably the best Benchy I have printed.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 06/06/2020 8:46 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

There was one order from 8.Jan marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Three orders were directly marked as delivered as prusa said all November orders were shipped.

MPETS: 6.Jun (steady)

With my order from 10. December 2019 there are still no news 🙁

Neither DPD nor Prusa have given me any feedback about the lost package yet. The tracking of DPD now says that I would have returned the package - probably an automatism because of the pickup time in the pickup store.

Tomorrow it will be 180 days. Such a long delivery time had never been announced or agreed. Yes, I am now officially frustrated 🙁

I will ask them to deliver my later order during the investigation on my package.

Posted : 06/06/2020 8:54 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Posted : 07/06/2020 8:35 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday again.

Posted : 08/06/2020 7:27 am
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

@hawwwran

Must be your turn this week surely ?

Posted : 08/06/2020 7:28 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @lee-mad

@hawwwran

Must be your turn this week surely ?

Haha, sure. Today is the day. If not, then tomorow or the day after. Or later. 😀

Posted : 08/06/2020 8:18 am
Gordon W liked
Page 181 / 241
Share: