Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 176 / 241
  RSS
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

Makes sense now.  I was complaining in another thread that I ordered a mini and prusament combo deal, but it's no deal because I didn't get my 5% discount.  I felt like if they're offering a "package deal" the filament should be discounted even though the printer hasn't shipped yet.  I did get my discount on the extra rolls I ordered but not on the "deal" roll.

Posted : 22/05/2020 10:08 pm
rohde•labs
(@rohdelabs)

My understanding was the only "deal" with opting to get a roll of Prusament with a Mini was you were saving on shipping, since they will bundle the shipping and therefore you do not need to pay a separate shipping fee had you purchased the roll of filament separate. I can't cite a source on that though, but I do recall reading/hearing it from a Prusa source, blog post or YouTube, not sure. Cheers

Posted : 22/05/2020 10:46 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

One order from 20.Dec was marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 1.Jun (steady)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 23/05/2020 7:44 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @blake-2

My understanding was the only "deal" with opting to get a roll of Prusament with a Mini was you were saving on shipping, since they will bundle the shipping and therefore you do not need to pay a separate shipping fee had you purchased the roll of filament separate. I can't cite a source on that though, but I do recall reading/hearing it from a Prusa source, blog post or YouTube, not sure. Cheers

Yes, that is correct. I am A MK3S owner. I ordered a spool of Prusament with my Mini. There was no discount on the Prusament, but also no additional shipping cost. The cost of shipping a single roll of Prusament to the US would have been greater than the 5% discount. I ordered 10 KG in April & shipping was $55.

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 23/05/2020 11:06 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 16.Dec marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

MPETS: 2.Jun (slowing down)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 24/05/2020 6:42 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yeasterday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 25/05/2020 5:43 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

It seems that Prusa has a delay of a week or more to their shipping table.

Posted : 25/05/2020 5:02 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I am now installing a raspberry pi 4 and Octoprint.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/05/2020 5:23 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

I received the Bondtech Heatbreaks today and new Filament from extrudr.com a few days ago. Now only the Prusa Mini is missing 🙁

1 week after the scheduled shipping date.

Posted : 25/05/2020 6:10 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@cho

It will arrive.  I am still operating on the stock heartbreak with no issues.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/05/2020 11:15 pm
Charlie
(@charlie)
Posted by: @adynis
Posted by: @charles-k9

Is there any discount received with the Mini for purchasing filaments ?

I'm expecting to ship my mini in the next 1..2..3 weeks, and I'm interested to buy some more prusaments, and I'm not sure if I should order already or wait first for the Mini ...

Go to store and LOGIN, discount will show up on filament, if not wait.

I don't yet have any discount (but I still have to wait for shipping...)
Do you know how the discounts are: for all prusaments? for some? 1%? , 5%? 10% ? ... 

After going thru all this stuff looks like only discount with a Mini is no additional shipping with addition of a roll of filament on the Mini order. Maybe if you haven't shipped yet you could add a roll of filament to the order. You'd have to go into the chat and ask them. Don't know if that would mess up your shipping date or not. Sorry about that.

Posted : 26/05/2020 5:12 am
Charlie
(@charlie)
Posted by: @charles-k9

Is there any discount received with the Mini for purchasing filaments ?

I'm expecting to ship my mini in the next 1..2..3 weeks, and I'm interested to buy some more prusaments, and I'm not sure if I should order already or wait first for the Mini ...

Go to store and LOGIN, discount will show up on filament, if not wait.

I don't yet have any discount (but I still have to wait for shipping...)
Do you know how the discounts are: for all prusaments? for some? 1%? , 5%? 10% ? ... 

After going thru all this stuff looks like only discount with a Mini is no additional shipping with addition of a roll of filament on the Mini order. Maybe if you haven't shipped yet you could add a roll of filament to the order. You'd have to go into the chat and ask them. Don't know if that would mess up your shipping date or not. Sorry about that.

Posted : 26/05/2020 5:12 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 22.Dec

One from 24.Dec

MPETS: 4.Jun (slowing down)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 26/05/2020 6:23 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 22.Dec

One from 24.Dec

MPETS: 4.Jun (slowing down)

There are also no news regarding the shipping table.

When you ordered your Mini, @hawwwran?

Posted : 26/05/2020 7:02 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@cho

Not really sure there. Anyway, I see last modification date 13th of May (11May changed, probably on 13th May approved/checked). So nothing new there.

Note that based on the table they are a bit before the scheduled shipping. Already some marked their "end of December" orders as shipped. So I would assume, they are pretty near the timetable. Probably some specific orders are still pending from November (timetable vs spreadsheet) which is a bit curiosity for me.

Posted : 26/05/2020 7:41 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@kiwo

This is exactly what I meant, that no updates have been made to the Shipping Table for 11 days.

My order is dated December 10, 2019 and I am surprised that Prusa already knew the week before last that the printer will be shipped only this week, but much later orders were shipped long ago. I don't understand this, as nobody explains it. And that frustrates me too, as the delivery time has been extended time and again and again. I have been printing over 40kg (!) on our printers for Covid-19 protection material for the last months. But now we have to earn money again for a change (and to also pay my staff and general costs) and some printers are currently broken because the workload was probably too high. That's why I'm urgently waiting for the Mini, because currently there is not enough time and parts to repair the defective printers and the still running printers are used for business projects. The Mini and its ordered brothers are supposed to produce further protective equipment.

And yes, this is exactly what frustrates me. It takes longer, the money is already paid to Prusa since last year, I am still running up the bill for the company and the delivery date has been postponed again. And then I can't rely on the Shipping Table. So far we have ordered our printers from partners and not directly from Prusa and I don't know if we should do this again - if the Mini is also distributed by partners.

Other manufacturers also manage to deliver new printers without such waiting times. Prusa is planning another printer model (CoreXY) and could therefore increase capacity and staff. Employees can also be hired for a limited period of time if necessary, although it looks to me as if the CoreXY could follow on directly after the Mini. A little more reliability in the statements would be great.

Posted : 26/05/2020 8:03 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@cho

I understand your issue there, with the "waiting" .  Just because the time table is not updated very often, it doesn't mean, it is useless. You have official information (timetable) and unofficial spreadsheet, so is sufficient to get an opinion of deliveries. 

From my side as hobby person, I would rather wait and have all issues fixed as thinking and trying to fix some construction-design issue. For your issue, you could ask some local people (Facebook?) , if they could print for you some things. As you need to fix some printers to continue with printing COVID protection. I think, they would agree to provide them if they would know, you need it for hospital protection.

Posted : 26/05/2020 8:17 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@kiwo

Such cooperations already exist. However, there were also many problems with unusable prints and insufficient hygiene. Therefore the choice is limited, even if some people already help us.

My main concern is that Prusa, as a manufacturer and service provider, must also keep its promises. At the moment, there is nothing to suggest to me that further problems with the design of the Mini have caused the recent delays.

I am particularly annoyed that Prusa is not proactively communicating the delays. Also the order of dispatch is very strange and not comprehensible. Prusa simply has to learn how to communicate better with customers and be reliable and authentic. It would also be possible, thanks to the intensive tracking of all orders, parts, handles and processes, to give the customer an overview of how far along he is and how many printers are still being produced before his printer, how many have been produced in the last week and how long it will take based on the data available. This would suit Prusa, who are always praising themselves for the technology and their own processes.

Posted : 26/05/2020 8:31 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

You will be thrilled with the Mini.  I have almost no issue with mine.  I received mine nearly five months ago.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 26/05/2020 9:24 am
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

@cho

Have you tried contacting Prusa via chat and ask them about your order ?

Posted : 26/05/2020 9:32 am
Page 176 / 241
Share: