Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 164 / 241
  RSS
Lemm_uk
(@lemm_uk)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @hawwwran

What is actually in the package? Any tools?

Here is a picture of the tools and spares that arrived with mine today (spreadsheet updated).

Wench for nozzle and PTFE connectors, 2.5mm hex, nozzle needle, grease and a few spares.

My first Mini has been running none stop for 3 months completely stock. All I've used is a 1.5mm hex for the heat break adjustment and a 2mm drill bit to open up the crimped ends of the PTFE. Plus your normal - cutters, tweezers, small brush (for fans) and alcohol.

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:55 am
Hawwwran liked
Dave Storm
(@dave-storm)

Marked my order as delivered in the spreadsheet - I ordered Nov 30. Will get it assembled tonight.

Posted : 28/04/2020 1:54 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were three orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 14.Nov

One from 16.Nov

One from 22.Nov

Four orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 22.May

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 28/04/2020 6:12 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

Shipping information has been updated: https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297 New Mini orders now forecast for September.

Posted : 28/04/2020 11:30 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @gordon-w

Shipping information has been updated: https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297 New Mini orders now forecast for September.

PPETS for my order 24.Dec wasn't changed. Wonder which was.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:38 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

I think the only change related to the mini is that orders after April 13th are now showing as September delivery. Mk 3 upgrades are now showing as 'orders temporarily disabled'

Posted : 28/04/2020 1:19 pm
indysam
(@indysam)

@lemm_uk

The wrench is an 8/10 the nozzle is 7mm. I was a bit disappointed when I found that out when I changed to a 0.6 nozzle. 

Posted : 28/04/2020 4:47 pm
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)

I've changed my order for a Mini to a MK3s - if you ordered after Dec 17 then enjoy the one unit faster ship time :p

Posted : 28/04/2020 7:11 pm
burtronix liked
Dronitoni
(@dronitoni)
Eminent Member

I received the shipment-notification today. 😆 

Spreadsheet is updated.

Posted : 28/04/2020 7:17 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @samstinson

I've changed my order for a Mini to a MK3s - if you ordered after Dec 17 then enjoy the one unit faster ship time :p

Yay for me! 😁

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 28/04/2020 8:55 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Both from 19.Nov

Three orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 22.May (slowing down)

Posted : 29/04/2020 11:43 am
Lemm_uk
(@lemm_uk)

@scott-m7

Good spot, it looked like a nozzle spanner, however you are correct it doesn't fit. Hmm

Posted : 29/04/2020 3:10 pm
Guido
(@guido)

I've ordered my mini mid of January. Delivery was first predicted for May, then June, now July, ...

Sorry, but I will cancel my order. That's it, I'm done with Prusa. That's not how you treat customers - No email or anything else about the delays.

Posted : 29/04/2020 6:20 pm
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @guido-von-ohlen

I've ordered my mini mid of January. Delivery was first predicted for May, then June, now July, ...

Sorry, but I will cancel my order. That's it, I'm done with Prusa. That's not how you treat customers - No email or anything else about the delays.

I can't say I blame you. The only reason I know my order was delayed two extra months was me manually checking the shipping schedule page. It's strange they don't send an email letting you know that your order's schedule has changed, like practically any other online shop does. A human doesn't even need to be involved to send the emails, their inventory/order management system should be able to do that trivially when date changes occur.

I know I'm sort of giving them a pass on this specific issue due to the rest of the things Prusa seems to get right, but it's an odd omission. They might have decided as a PR thing, or they have analytics showing that by not sending the emails more folks don't bother cancelling delayed orders than if they do send emails.

It's especially galling since they have a history of, shall we say, availability issues with newly-introduced products.

Posted : 29/04/2020 7:40 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were three orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 18.Nov

Two from 23.Nov

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 23.May (slowing down)

Posted : 30/04/2020 6:02 am
Spiidi
(@spiidi)

I believe it's the current situation in the world that's causing problem with shipping also. I received my shipping notice last Thursday but since then little has happened. Packeta tracking page shows my Mini sitting still in their depot in Prague. Thankfully I was mentally prepared for the wait til 22nd of May as listed in the shipping estimate list, so there is still plenty of time 🙂

Posted : 30/04/2020 6:09 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

So we can say, that minimum of  3 per working day are sent to world, (60 per month). So I will receive mine after the quarantine is over 🙁 

+ agree, that Prusa should have sent at least some notification about postpone. Maybe like weekly email, that mine is like the 190th in queue waiting. They have the numbers, so they can provide information. Also on the page was written, that they have sufficient material for completion of orders. In my order I have on 14-4 a message about a delay.

Anyway, if not arrive until 1st of August, will cancel the order.

Posted : 30/04/2020 7:26 am
honuvo
(@honuvo)

I just canceled my order. Reason being: I'm afraid I will get a printer with heatbreak-problems because of a design flaw. I don't know if it's the case, but I experienced the same with another machine (reprap fisher delta) and the forum here is full of that problem with the heatbreak. Additionaly now a few posts pop up that the PTFE tube starts to compress again after a few month with reappearing of the heatbreak-problem resulting in a steady need for PTFE tubes, cause you'll never know when it will clog again.

I know that people with problems will always be "louder" in forums then the ones without, but looking at everything said here combined with my own experiences with my other printer I just am too afraid to get another printer with a bad design. If it isn't I can always come back at the end of the year and get one, but I have to be sure that it works and at this moment in time I'm not convinced that it will work without constantly tinkering.

Last nail in the coffin for me is Prusas lack of communication. No words about the heatbreak, even as another company (Bondtech) releases a "fix" after extensive testing as they state. Yet, no word from Prusa adressing that. 

Information about the place one has in the queue of mini orders would have been nice, as the waiting time is really high. Transparency is key.

So, all you who wait for your mini: There is one less before you now. 🙂

I'll float around the forum as I've done since ordering, just to see if I was just a scaredy cat or not. Wish you all the best! 🙂

Regards,

Honuvo

Posted : 30/04/2020 8:34 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@kiwo

Don't forget that the spreadsheet is only a community document populated by people on the forum. We don't know the total number of orders or number shipped a day but in a recent blog post they said their target for this month was 140 a day.

I do agree about communication although this has never been a strong point for Prusa. I am sure that they are looking at the problems and we will hear more when they have a solution.

Posted : 30/04/2020 8:48 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @honuvo

I just canceled my order. Reason being: I'm afraid I will get a printer with heatbreak-problems because of a design flaw. I don't know if it's the case, but I experienced the same with another machine (reprap fisher delta) and the forum here is full of that problem with the heatbreak. Additionaly now a few posts pop up that the PTFE tube starts to compress again after a few month with reappearing of the heatbreak-problem resulting in a steady need for PTFE tubes, cause you'll never know when it will clog again.

I know that people with problems will always be "louder" in forums then the ones without, but looking at everything said here combined with my own experiences with my other printer I just am too afraid to get another printer with a bad design. If it isn't I can always come back at the end of the year and get one, but I have to be sure that it works and at this moment in time I'm not convinced that it will work without constantly tinkering.

Last nail in the coffin for me is Prusas lack of communication. No words about the heatbreak, even as another company (Bondtech) releases a "fix" after extensive testing as they state. Yet, no word from Prusa adressing that. 

Information about the place one has in the queue of mini orders would have been nice, as the waiting time is really high. Transparency is key.

So, all you who wait for your mini: There is one less before you now. 🙂

I'll float around the forum as I've done since ordering, just to see if I was just a scaredy cat or not. Wish you all the best! 🙂

Regards,

Honuvo

Too bad.  I have been printing for months without a single problem.  I cannot say that with my ender.  It has not printed in over a year.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/04/2020 10:48 am
Page 164 / 241
Share: