Notifications
Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 157 / 241
  RSS
Dhaya
(@dhaya)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I finally got my printer yesterday, 3-4 days late, but that was expected, Easter Monday being a holiday here. I got Galaxy Black and Galaxy Silver Prusament samples in the package.

The building instructions were pretty easy to follow, and except for a nut in the Y-axis extrusion that was giving me a hard time, it went smoothly.

I was surprised though that the hardest part, for me, was to find a suitable USB drive, because the one provided in the printer died immediately 🙄 . When this was resolved I booted up the printer, updated to 4.0.5 (which I downloaded from the drivers page) and proceeded to do the first layer calibration using the Galaxy silver sample. Twice.

And then I did another calibration using the g-code on this thread which was perfect because it allowed me to notice that I was a bit too aggressive on the live-z.

(The nanoblock-like bricks are tests to see whether the line pattern could be printed instead of going for tube patterns, before doing a complete 20x20 base plate. The broken glasses on top are from a figurine, and the bottom is the replacement I'm working on, couldn't wait to design the branches to see if it would print correctly.)

After that, I printed a few quick-print tests to help me check whether I can go ahead with some design projects, and finally, I got to print the benchy. And I must say that I knew that 3D printers were great, but seeing it live is spectacular.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Dhaya
Posted : 16/04/2020 7:22 am
AZ_TIM liked
khyzersoze
(@khyzersoze)
Eminent Member

@texy

Yes on my Mini.  It's my first 3D printer, so I'm still very much new to everything.

Posted : 16/04/2020 7:25 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

@texy

this can have quite a number of reasons. first, you should check, how tight the belts are. They should have no wobble to them but shouldn't be overtightened. i.e. they should not be so tight that the movement is hndered because they are so tight or they put too much stress on the parts they are attached to.
Did you print from USB stick or via PC or Octoprint?

Posted : 16/04/2020 7:57 am
khyzersoze
(@khyzersoze)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @dr-wunderlurch

@texy

this can have quite a number of reasons. first, you should check, how tight the belts are. They should have no wobble to them but shouldn't be overtightened. i.e. they should not be so tight that the movement is hndered because they are so tight or they put too much stress on the parts they are attached to.
Did you print from USB stick or via PC or Octoprint?

Out of the box I was experiencing this, so I did tighten up the X belt as it seemed like it had too much slack, but I'm still seeing the same issues.

I am printing directly from the supplied USB stick.

Posted : 16/04/2020 4:29 pm
Rocky
(@rocky-3)

My mini shipped yesterday!    Order date was 11/06.  Estimated delivery, 4/20

I didn't have an entry in the google sheet.  I'm super excited!  It will be my first 3D printer, but I've used a Carbon Black a lot before when I was an intern.  (the non-filament kind).

Posted : 16/04/2020 7:32 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@khyzersoze

Your layer shift is probably because the y-axis isn't moving smoothly. 

You can check the printer maintenance tips on lubrication here...

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/guide/printer-maintenance-tips_23200

Or you can check to see what I did on my mini when I started having a similar problem....

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/hardware-firmware-and-software-help/y-axis-started-sticking/

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 16/04/2020 9:15 pm
khyzersoze
(@khyzersoze)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @frankincell

@khyzersoze

Your layer shift is probably because the y-axis isn't moving smoothly. 

You can check the printer maintenance tips on lubrication here...

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/guide/printer-maintenance-tips_23200

Or you can check to see what I did on my mini when I started having a similar problem....

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/hardware-firmware-and-software-help/y-axis-started-sticking/

I will give that a shot!

Posted : 16/04/2020 10:19 pm
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member

I'm having serious issues with needing to re-adjust the z-level often, as per this thread : https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/brand-new-prusa-mini-z-needs-to-adjust-on-every-new-print/

So most people are not needing to do this - it seems to be very few people who are reporting this issue  ?

Texy

Posted : 17/04/2020 7:04 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were three orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Two from 7.Nov

One from 8.Nov

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS is 19.May

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 17/04/2020 7:09 am
GrimmWinters
(@grimmwinters)
Trusted Member

Got my shipping notice! Will update the spreadsheet immediatly! 🙂

Posted : 17/04/2020 1:24 pm
UrhoKarila
(@urhokarila)

Well my shipment's been incommunicado long enough that Prusa's planning to send a second printer on its way.

Hope it gets shipped before the weekend but I don't have high hopes.

Posted : 17/04/2020 2:47 pm
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @hawwwran
Posted by: @geoper2

My mini was delivered today 🤩 

Line 445 marked it as delivered. Can't wait to finish work and get to it.

The only thing I was not happy about is that the white PETG that I got is not prusament. Its manufactured for Prusa. I didn't know they had other manufacturers make filaments for them. I cant find it anywhere on the eshop now so I guess they stopped selling it. The bag was not completely airtight hopefully the quality is good.

Could you please show us the non-prusament closer?

Yep its the one gordon linked under your post. I am currently printing with pla with good results I will report back when I try it.

This post was modified 4 years ago by 3Dprintedgr

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 17/04/2020 6:06 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were four orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Teo from 7.Nov

One from 8.Nov

One from 9.Nov

Three orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 18.May

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 18/04/2020 8:08 am
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

@hawwwran

Im sure you have mentioned it somewhere in the 157 preceding pages but what date did you order?  I ordered on the 12-18 so I think we are close to each other’s date perhaps?

Posted : 19/04/2020 12:21 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @ajerazzor

@hawwwran

Im sure you have mentioned it somewhere in the 157 preceding pages but what date did you order?  I ordered on the 12-18 so I think we are close to each other’s date perhaps?

I ordered on 24.Dec

Posted : 19/04/2020 6:34 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were bo orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 19/04/2020 6:35 am
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member

@dhaya

Mine came with galaxy black and army green. I have to say that I love both!

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 19/04/2020 9:27 pm
Dhaya liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no state changes in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Posted : 20/04/2020 6:50 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Man at this point I'm more hyped for your printer than I was for mine, can't wait till you finally get it!

Posted : 20/04/2020 8:23 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

@hawwwran

Man at this point I'm more hyped for your printer than I was for mine, can't wait till you finally get it!

Haha, that will be a long time wait, still.

But I'm really curious, because my calculations says it it will be one month earlier then Prusa says. So either Prusa is wrong or they lie about ramping up and they start slowing down. I can't wait to know the result 🙂

Posted : 20/04/2020 8:28 am
Page 157 / 241
Share: