Page 155 / 241
  RSS
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @dhaya

Hey everyone, what are the colors of the sample filaments provided with the Prusa Mini?

I just figured out it might be better to do the first layer calibration with a white filament, but I only have black PLA, and buying filaments on a whim is not so easy currently.

My samples were galaxy black and gentleman grey.

Posted : 14/04/2020 6:23 pm
Dhaya liked
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@dhaya

I received Galaxy Black and Galaxy Purple.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 14/04/2020 6:37 pm
Dhaya liked
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member

…..as good a benchy as I have ever printed!! The filament is a year old Prusament Gentleman Grey.

I need to have a play with z-level as it is far too squished, but the print itself is exceptionally good.

Happy many so far.

Texy

Posted : 14/04/2020 7:59 pm
UrhoKarila
(@urhokarila)

Those benchies are looking sharp!

Is there anything you needed to do to get it printing that nicely, or was it that good "out of the box"?

Posted : 14/04/2020 8:32 pm
NathanWms
(@nathanwms)
Eminent Member

At Last!!!

Now it’s time to use everything I’ve learned in this forum over the past 5 months and get this printer tuned to perfection. I really appreciate all of you who are so eager to share your knowledge and experience with noobs like myself.  Thanks!!

Posted : 14/04/2020 11:07 pm
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)

This updated shipping schedule combined with the blog update makes no sense.
Prusa stated they sold 8000 of the Mini in 2019, and per the April 9th update they state they are producing 140 MINI printers every day. From the shipping table, orders from 1st week of 2020 - e.g. after those 8000 from 2019 - are estimated to go out June 22nd.

Assuming "every day" means 5 days per week, simple math then tells us they could produce all 8000 printers from 2019 orders in just 8000 / 5 days / 140 per day = 11.4 weeks. This means if they had not built ANY PRINTERS AT ALL before April 9th then would manufacture the last of that 8000 orders by June 28th! This is only 1 week after the current estimate from their shipping chart! And further we know that a huge chunk of initial orders came October time frame, which have all shipped, so they must be a large way through those 8000 already. Do we have any idea how many Prusa MINI have already shipped?

Posted : 15/04/2020 5:37 am
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @urhoebeling

Those benchies are looking sharp!

Is there anything you needed to do to get it printing that nicely, or was it that good "out of the box"?

Only two things - updated the firmware to 4.05 and raised the hot end up as far as it would go after loosening up the three grub screws. 
Texy

Posted : 15/04/2020 5:54 am
Nox
 Nox
(@nox)

@samstinson Prusa wrote:

Plus, we’re ramping up the production with this month’s target of 140 MINIs manufactured every day.  

So that's their goal for this month, but we neither know the output at the moment nor how many they produced every day in the beginning and between.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:07 am
herbert
(@herbert)
Estimable Member

@texy

did you only raise it or also cut the tube? like the guy did in the video posted somewhere in this thread 😀

I did not do this yet, but honestly, I am still not sure if my first layer (z calibration) is perfect even though I am fine with the printing results yet, but even the 75mm square thread and the wiki ( http://projects.ttlexceeded.com/3dprinting_live_z_calibration.html) is not really showing pictures how this should look like in the end.

I would like to see pictures of how this should be at the end. Also how this "can" be measured correctly if it even makes sense, but I was unable to get proper pics (with multiple angles and proper size and detail) but perhaps I was just too blind finding them.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:15 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @samstinson

This updated shipping schedule combined with the blog update makes no sense.
Prusa stated they sold 8000 of the Mini in 2019, and per the April 9th update they state they are producing 140 MINI printers every day. From the shipping table, orders from 1st week of 2020 - e.g. after those 8000 from 2019 - are estimated to go out June 22nd.

Assuming "every day" means 5 days per week, simple math then tells us they could produce all 8000 printers from 2019 orders in just 8000 / 5 days / 140 per day = 11.4 weeks. This means if they had not built ANY PRINTERS AT ALL before April 9th then would manufacture the last of that 8000 orders by June 28th! This is only 1 week after the current estimate from their shipping chart! And further we know that a huge chunk of initial orders came October time frame, which have all shipped, so they must be a large way through those 8000 already. Do we have any idea how many Prusa MINI have already shipped?

Exactly. I would say they are going forward the timeline, but then they shiftednot three weeks and said how the production is ramping up. I just don't get it and the calculations just doesnnot fit with their claim. We will see, but it's really weird.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:24 am
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @herbert

@texy

did you only raise it or also cut the tube? like the guy did in the video posted somewhere in this thread 😀

I did not do this yet, but honestly, I am still not sure if my first layer (z calibration) is perfect even though I am fine with the printing results yet, but even the 75mm square thread and the wiki ( http://projects.ttlexceeded.com/3dprinting_live_z_calibration.html) is not really showing pictures how this should look like in the end.

I would like to see pictures of how this should be at the end. Also how this "can" be measured correctly if it even makes sense, but I was unable to get proper pics (with multiple angles and proper size and detail) but perhaps I was just too blind finding them.

I just raised it. I didn’t even remove or measure the ptfe tube ;-). 
Texy

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:24 am
herbert liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@samstinson

My calculations shows that the last estimate for me (25.may) was overestimated. Then they changed it to 15th. That would fit myvcalculations and and them "ramping up the production"... But they changed it from may to june and that does not make sense to me. 

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:29 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were four orders marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:30 am
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)
Posted by: @nox

@samstinson Prusa wrote:

Plus, we’re ramping up the production with this month’s target of 140 MINIs manufactured every day.  

So that's their goal for this month, but we neither know the output at the moment nor how many they produced every day in the beginning and between.

Irrelevant - if the target is for 140 units every day for the month of April, then the total target number is fixed. It does not matter if they were made 140 per day or all in one single day.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:37 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @nox

@samstinson Prusa wrote:

Assuming they ship more and more a day.

Assuming they are in 76% of all MINIs ordered  in 2019, looking at the spreadsheet.

They shipped those 76% in three months (half december, february, march, half april). Extrapolating that, the rest of 2019 should take little bit under one month with average day output of the previous shipping rate, not ramped up. That meand my order (24.Dec) should be shipped earlier then 15.Apr.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:52 am
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)
Posted by: @hawwwran

@samstinson

My calculations shows that the last estimate for me (25.may) was overestimated. Then they changed it to 15th. That would fit myvcalculations and and them "ramping up the production"... But they changed it from may to june and that does not make sense to me. 

The estimate has slipped I think some 2 months for my order, placed on Dec 17th. When the shipping chart was first released I think it said in late March or early April. But I didn't save a copy of it nor the previous updates. Now the estimate is from June 8th. Does anyone have the previous versions of the shipping charts? They are sadly not on internet archive and I couldn't find any mention of them in this thread.

Posted : 15/04/2020 6:56 am
herbert
(@herbert)
Estimable Member

@texy

is there any technical reason for this ?

I just though this should be done if issues occur and nozzle clogs too often.

Posted : 15/04/2020 7:02 am
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @herbert

@texy

is there any technical reason for this ?

I just though this should be done if issues occur and nozzle clogs too often.

Any reason for what - raising the hot end ? It's been commonly reported that this will aid/stop clogging.

Texy

Posted : 15/04/2020 7:23 am
herbert liked
Nox
 Nox
(@nox)

@hawwwran

I think there are two more things which could cause that shift:
1. I don't think that the orders in the spreadsheet are evenly entered. Maybe more of "hardcore fans" which ordered ASAP entered their orders in the list. More of the "non-fans" might not care that much or more likely don't know about the list. (but it might also the opposite - I'm just speculating here)

2. What should be considered: Prusa prepared lots of orders before the shipping started. Additionally according to their blog post from January, they worked day and night until winter holidays to ship as many printers as possible before christmas.
They might also continued some parts of the production in the Januarys production break (for parts of the printer that had nothing to do with the problem).

By the way: I'm not trying to defend Prusa here as a "fanboy" (I also hate that they never can hold their shipping dates with every product they release) - I just usually try to look at things from both sides.

Posted : 15/04/2020 8:19 am
burtronix liked
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member

Working well with Octoprint also !

Posted : 15/04/2020 9:10 am
Page 155 / 241
Share: