Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 147 / 241
  RSS
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @icephoenix

Annoying... our local hospital is asking if someone could help printing 100 of these faceshields and my MINI still hasn't shipped <_<

If you're in the US, I urge you to join the Masks for Docs (MFD) slack group. There is a wealth of information there, including sub-groups set up for each regional area. Even if you can't currently print, there may be some way to help out. If nothing else, connect your local hospital to resources that may be able to help them out.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 02/04/2020 7:09 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Annoying... our local hospital is asking if someone could help printing 100 of these faceshields and my MINI still hasn't shipped <_<

They don't fit on MINI anyway

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 02/04/2020 7:13 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

My mini is finally here 😍 

Can't wait to open the box...

Everything seems to be in order so far...

Great, nothing is missing!

The tiny steel sheet is so cute ❤️ 

Of course here are the gummi bears!

Ready for the assembly with my trusty thinkpad...

Buddy board!

Minda probe height adjustment: done!

Hot end fix: done! Also, I changed the grub screws with some sturdier ones I had on hand

In its new home...

Printing a benchy right now, looking good...

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. The assembly could have been easier though - I mean, it wasn't too difficult but those three screws holding the x/z axis to the y part are a bit of a pain to get aligned. Also, my x arm seems to be a little higher up on the left side, we'll see whether or not it will affect the prints.

Edit: expect me back when the benchy is done 😉

This post was modified 4 years ago by Matteo Cristini
Posted : 02/04/2020 7:53 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

They don't fit on MINI anyway

Still lots of smaller parts that can be printed on a Mini. On the local Masks for Docs group, someone noted that the small "ear saver" prints are much appreciated by medical staff suffering from abrasions behind their ears from prolonged mask use. One hospital directly asked for 50. I'd urge anybody with printing capacity to get on one of the local groups and just ask what you can print at smaller sizes. We've also had a few of the bottom clips fit too snugly. Having spares of those available would might be useful for some of the assembly teams.

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 02/04/2020 7:56 pm
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

Nevermind, just found out they're too big for the mini anyways... 

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:13 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Nevermind, just found out they're too big for the mini anyways... 

See my response above.

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:14 pm
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

As they have a specific sterilization procedure in the hospital, they only want a specific model printed out of ABS. Othervise they are not allowed to use it...

Edit: Also I just received a shipping notice. I'll update the spreadsheet

This post was modified 4 years ago by Andi
Posted : 02/04/2020 8:17 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Here's what I'd be printing if I had a Mini...

Ear savers to relieve pressure on the back of the ears from mask straps that can cause chafing and bleeding when masks must be worn for 12 hour shifts:

Shield bottom supports that can be difficult to fit when printed with a larger nozzle. Extras are useful to those assembling PPE shields. Bonus ear saver thrown in.

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:24 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Here's what I'd be printing if I had a Mini...

Ear savers to relieve pressure on the back of the ears from mask straps that can cause chafing and bleeding when masks must be worn for 12 hour shifts:

Shield bottom supports that can be difficult to fit when printed with a larger nozzle. Extras are useful to those assembling PPE shields. Bonus ear saver thrown in.

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:25 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

Flawless!

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:56 pm
burtronix, GrimmWinters, 3Dprintedgr and 2 people liked
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

@matteo-cristini

I am happy for you that you have finally received it, have fun with the printer 😊 

Posted : 02/04/2020 8:59 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@kropexx

Thank you 😊 

Posted : 02/04/2020 9:00 pm
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

There is a network for makers and hospitals in germany, too. Currently there is no high demand for any items in my region, though.

The local hospital was too specific, too. For example the headshields requested had to be printed in a specific ABS from a specific manufacturer which has been quality tested.

Posted : 02/04/2020 9:16 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

[...] There is a network for makers and hospitals in germany, too. Currently there is no high demand for any items in my region, though.

The local hospital was too specific, too. For example the headshields requested had to be printed in a specific ABS from a specific manufacturer which has been quality tested.

It's varied here in the US. Some hospitals -- or at least hospital administrators -- have apparently thrown away contributed printed equipment. Others are begging for anything they can get. I suspect more rigid standards and better preparedness has allowed German hospitals to be more particular. Or somebody's nephew owns a filament company.

Our local group is refusing ABS as there are complaints about skin irritation. The beauty of standards: There are so many of them!

Posted : 02/04/2020 9:57 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were six orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 26th10

Two from 27th10

Three from 28th10

One order from 19th10 was directly marked as delivered.

Two orders were marked as delivered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 03/04/2020 12:52 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

Congratulations Matteo!

Posted : 03/04/2020 12:53 pm
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

Congratulations on finally getting your printer and thank you for the photos.

Posted : 03/04/2020 3:46 pm
equi
 equi
(@equi)

Fun fact: shop.prusa3d.com uses that weird date format in the order page where "01/11/2020" means 11th of January, not October 1st (I already forgot when I ordered it).

Thanks guys for adding order numbers to the spreadsheet! Now I know I shouldn't expect the printer in the observable future 🙁

Posted : 03/04/2020 4:04 pm
equi
 equi
(@equi)

*November, not October, so sad can't even count to 11 😀

Posted : 03/04/2020 4:23 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@matteo-cristini

I am happy for you, finally 😀  Let it serve you well.

Posted : 03/04/2020 5:16 pm
Page 147 / 241
Share: