Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 143 / 241
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

There is a pandemic.  How can anyone complain when people are dying?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:22 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)

@charles-h13

I don't think that's fair. It was an insanely long wait before the pandemic and obviously receiving a 3D printer is something that is to be looked forward to. It's pretty harsh to shame someone for getting excited in what is obviously a stressful time for many people.

For myself, I can't believe it takes so long to manufacture. Why can't they just mass injection mould it or something? I'm by no means an expert on manufacturing, and I'm certain beyond a doubt that the folks at Prusa are working their hardest and are extremely intelligent and highly skilled. But I can't help but suspect that 3D printing parts is just not the most efficient means of production? Would just like to know why they were struggling to keep up in the first place, and that seems like it could be the reason to me?

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Joe

Resistance is futile

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:31 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

There is a pandemic.  How can anyone complain when people are dying?  

You're 100% right. Sorry for having been such a selfish individual, and thanks for reminding me. I won't post complaints anymore. Sorry again.

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:41 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@matteo-cristini

I came off a little harsh.  I think it is important to have prospective.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:43 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@matteo-cristini

I came off a little harsh.  Sorry.  I think it is important to have prospective.  

I am a little grumpy.  I have been working 12-16 hour days for 15 days taking care of COVID positive patients.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:44 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@charles-h13

You totally didn't. I'm behaving like a kid and someone had to tell me. I appreciate what you did.

Posted : 27/03/2020 12:45 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

I don't see your order in the spreadsheet any more. What happened?

I've lost track of today's changes. Somebody marked 37 orders as delivered. Those old, probably forgotten ones.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 27/03/2020 2:49 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Gone! I might put it back when it'll be time to update my entry. I removed it to so that I don't keep going to the spreadsheet like ten times a day.

Checked it just one more time because of the changes you mentioned - they're all orders from the first three days. They're all marked as delivered now.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Matteo Cristini
Posted : 27/03/2020 2:57 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

@hawwwran

Gone! I might put it back when it'll be time to update my entry. I removed it to so that I don't keep going to the spreadsheet like ten times a day.

There was no need to. Nobody would update your entry but you. You still will be tempted to go there watch the others...

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 27/03/2020 3:01 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

I know nobody will update it - although a few times I found that someone had changed it, and even marked it as delivered - the reason I kept going back was to see if the orders next to mine were updated or not. It's way less tempting if I know my entry is not there. I'll put it back in if I'll remember when it ships

Posted : 27/03/2020 3:03 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

If the entries on the spreadsheet can be believed, there are still people who ordered on 16-10 who have not received their Mini's (although I suspect some have forgotten to updated their entry - too busy having fun printing).

But I would also like to note an important milestone: more than half of the orders entered in the spreadsheet have been marked as delivered!

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 27/03/2020 3:23 pm
Andreh
(@andreh)

Lucky me! my order was ship today, order on 10/25. I feel sorry for the ones who ordered before me and still waiting for theirs to ship.

Posted : 27/03/2020 5:56 pm
Tgx
 Tgx
(@tgx)

My order is from 19 October and still no shipping info. 

I'm a little pissed off. It was supposed to be shipping from the 4th of march....

It's 2 weeks they are writing on the chat: "any day from now is good" 🤬 🤬 🤬 

Tgx

Posted : 27/03/2020 6:07 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@ahebert

Good for you! Enjoy your mini 🙂

Posted : 27/03/2020 6:39 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @massimo

My order is from 19 October and still no shipping info. 

I'm a little pissed off. It was supposed to be shipping from the 4th of march....

It's 2 weeks they are writing on the chat: "any day from now is good" 🤬 🤬 🤬 

Tgx

Massimo, I understand your frustration because I'm in the exact same situation. That's what I've been told, too. Unfortunately, we can't really do anything but wait. Trying to understand why this happens has been really stressful to me, believe me - I tried everything with no luck. 

I'd say sit back, relax and patiently wait... it'll happen at some point 🙂 What are a few days more to months worth of wait...

Posted : 27/03/2020 6:43 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

There was no need to. Nobody would update your entry but you. You still will be tempted to go there watch the others...

Meh, you're right. Putting it back in right now 😉 I won't be updating my comment on the right every ten minutes anymore though 😆 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Matteo Cristini
Posted : 27/03/2020 6:44 pm
Tgx
 Tgx
(@tgx)

@matteo-cristini

I know. It's frustrating. I'm nearly tempted to cancel and ask for a refund...

Posted : 27/03/2020 6:47 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@massimo

At one point I was tempted to do the same and just go with an ender 3 or something, but my heart settled on the prusa...

I'd say just wait a few more days. It'll definitely be worth it!

And don't bother the guys at chat support, they do their best but I'm guessing they don't really know when orders ship... even though they want to reassure us it'll ship soon

Posted : 27/03/2020 6:51 pm
D3sm0
(@d3sm0)

Hi guys, my order has been shipped today 😀 

Posted : 27/03/2020 9:11 pm
gabriele.lori
(@gabriele-lori)

Yeahhh, I don't know if It Is a joke but It Will arrive on 1st April . Yuhuuu!!

Posted : 28/03/2020 1:58 am
Page 143 / 241
Share: