Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

5 Days down....  1 more to go....    

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 01/03/2020 3:21 am
Chris_Moliere
(@chris_moliere)

Hey all, my Mini just arrived, and I’ve been busy assembling it. I’ve noticed that it has a slight wobble to it. Is this normal, or is there a way to fix it?

Posted : 01/03/2020 4:19 am
Pethna
(@pethna)

Received my Mini the other day.  Ordered 15TH October, delivered 28th February.

I am pleasantly surprised at how heavy the components are.  Bolted together they're very sturdy.

Calibration was a bit of a pain, test pattern looked OK but start of prints would fail, I had to keep winding the nozzle down to find a point where prints and test prints were OK.

Now that it's dialled in the included test prints work well as do my own designs.

Overall an easy setup and from what I've seen so far a great little printer.

Posted : 01/03/2020 5:00 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@emperorofthedaleks66

Not really...   What's wobbling?

Posted : 01/03/2020 5:43 am
Chris_Moliere
(@chris_moliere)

@frankincell

The bed frame appears to be crooked in some way, I think in the back, causing it to shake a little.

Posted : 01/03/2020 5:45 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@emperorofthedaleks66

You should use a square and check to see if it's really crooked, or if it's just sitting higher on the electronics box than it should.

Posted : 01/03/2020 5:57 am
Chris_Moliere
(@chris_moliere)

@frankincell

Will do, thanks for the tip!

Posted : 01/03/2020 6:08 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in the following community spreadsheet yesterday.

There was one order marked as delivered from 15th10

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 01/03/2020 9:35 am
Magnus
(@magnus-2)

@frankincell

Looks good! What filament is that?

Posted : 01/03/2020 9:41 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

Prusa does not typically ship on Saturday or Sunday.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 01/03/2020 9:46 am
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@hawwwran

Prusa does not typically ship on Saturday or Sunday.  

People are allowed to use Google apps in the weekend to report that there printer arrived before the weekend 🙂

I love you all, but when my printer (finally) arrives I focus all my attention on the printer and later when it is printing and all looks fine I'll update the document 🙂

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 01/03/2020 9:56 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@oxygen

That's fine....   As long as you take lots of pictures during assembly and post while that first benchy prints.  😉

Posted : 01/03/2020 3:06 pm
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member

@frankincell

That is my intention, I have seen the enormous power of this forum assisting people with there Mini issues.

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 01/03/2020 3:11 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@oxygen

I have to agree.  This forum has taught me more about 3d printing and Prusa that any other source on the forum.  

I would go one step further.  If I actually listened or understood the first time, It would hav been easier.  Many times I am hard headed and spend a lot of time repeat the same failed techniques.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 01/03/2020 3:19 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@mango

That would be Prusament Pearl Mouse.

And it is amazing...   It flows beautifully through the smaller 0.30mm nozzle.

No stringing, no blobs, no under-extrusions, excellent bed and layer adhesion. 

Here we are at 5 Days, 16 Hours and 15 Minutes into the print....

The Keel-mounted Rail-Gun (front-center) is coming along perfectly....

And look at the tiny vertical flanges around the central engine nozzle....  Wow.

The filament color is perfectly consistent.

This is version 2 of my Rocinante Model.  It has added heat-tiles, better gun wells, better landing thrusters, and a redesigned stand.

I put version 1 up here.   I'll put version 2 up as soon as if finishes printing. (I want to make sure everything fits together first.)

This filament has no smell, it's perfectly wound on the spool and has better diameter and roundness tolerances than any other filament I've used. (And I've used a lot in the last four years.)

In version 3 (which I probably won't get to finish for a month), I've replaced the United Nations logo on the left with a much cleaner design.  I'm adding tiny handles to the main body and I'm working on having magnetically attached PDC's (Point Defense Cannons (Guns) ).

I'll post another update tonight after Version 2 finishes printing...  Only 7 Hours and 56 Minutes to go...   

Posted : 01/03/2020 6:06 pm
Olef, Chris_Moliere, Tracy and 1 people liked
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@emperorofthedaleks66

Also check that the table or bench your Mini is resting on is actually flat. Not that I suspect that, but best to rule it out. And then if it turns out you need to make some adjustment to square up the Mini frame, you will know you have a good flat reference surface to work from. 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 01/03/2020 7:13 pm
Magnus
(@magnus-2)

@frankincell

Ah nice. I actually ordered a role of Prusament Pearl Mouse with my mini. Hopefully I will have both til next weekend. 

What other filaments are people using with their Minis? I was thinking of ordering only prusament, but I read that people are having problem with the Vanilla White clogging. Anyone had any experience with that? Which other filaments are you recommending? Mainly PLA but also PETG for the outdoor stuff 🙂 

Posted : 01/03/2020 9:59 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@mango

Check this post for some filament recommendations..  

Posted : 01/03/2020 10:34 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

Whom of you (already owning a MINI) have checked the angles between the 3 axis (x, y, z axis).

Spent time today to have a look at this  and found out that my MINI had a problem between x- any y-axis. So I created two parts to check the angles - one cube with 40 mm each side and a flat (only 5 mm high) square (40 x 40 mm) to check x- and y-axis.

After printing and grinding on a fine sanding paper I used vernier caliper and looked a against a lamp - if you received a good setting, the smale line of light should have the same intensity (thikness) over the hole length of the cube. I tried to make a picture, is not that easy, I am missing some more hands. I also attached the files of the two parts.

Setting up the angle between x- and y-axis was some kind of try and error, but at the end I made it. To change the angle I opened the screw which connects the bed with x- and z-axis part (the screw that is directly connecting to the profile of the bed)

Check_XYZ_40mm - Testwuerfel.stl

Maybe a help to you if you have the same issue.

Best regards, Clemens 

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 01/03/2020 10:34 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

When your print is 99% done... 

And you still have over an hour to go...

Posted : 01/03/2020 11:50 pm
Page 123 / 241
Share: