Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 122 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @clemens-m

Sorry for disturbing your discussion - but I have to leave a very positiv feedback: MINI printed out of the box without any issue !!!
Great little machine.

Best regards, Clemens

Very glad to hear that!

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 28/02/2020 8:40 pm
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member

There has been some speculation (me included) that the apparent random shipping of printers may be due to the lack of filament sensors. When I look at the unofficial spreadsheet it looks like the skipped orders also include the textured sheet. I wonder if they may be short of those as well.

My order from Oct 16 still has not shipped but I see that at least one from Oct 18 has shipped.

Posted : 28/02/2020 10:02 pm
Magnus
(@magnus-2)

@rick-m12

My order from Oct 17 got shipped today, no filament sensor but with extra textured sheet

Posted : 28/02/2020 11:09 pm
Senjak
(@senjak)

Well, my Mini arrived today.  Black overwrap was intact; however, once that was removed it was very apparent that the printer had been dropped with a lot of force on one corner as it is crushed in.  The packaging inside was also crushed.

Nothing looks broken yet; however, I'll see what happens when I assemble and power it on.

Posted : 29/02/2020 12:14 am
James
(@james-10)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @burtronix

At what point do you think the daily shipments will knock off a day or more quantity of orders? So far, 2 months of shipments (not adjusted for the pause) have managed to clear only about 4 days of orders. 

Look at total order numbers, this will include mk3's and filament but the surge in order numbers will be mostly minis. 

on the 12th of Oct the orders span 936 orders 

the 13th was 969 orders 

14th spans 1156 orders

15th was 1642

16th was 1170 

10-14 November you're averaging 741 prusa orders a day

by the time you get to December 10-14 you're averaging 341 prusa orders a day which is probably closer to the normal level

Look at the shipping table and you can see when they predict to be shipping out more than a days orders in a day.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297#estimates-shipping-table-for-original-prusa-mini

It's somewhere around March 11th (that period Oct 21-27 is an average of 698 prusa orders a day)

Posted : 29/02/2020 1:53 am
burtronix liked
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@burtronix

@munkisquisher Beat me to it... 

This my prediction based on what I've seen so far...  It's only a prediction, so take it with a grain of salt.

They will begin catching up in 13 days....

On March 11, 2020 they will ship all the orders from October 21, 2019.
After that they will begin shipping orders from more than one day.
They'll still be back-logged, but they will start catching up.
At the beginning of April, they'll be shipping orders from 135 days earlier...
At the beginning of May, they'll be shipping orders from 121 days earlier...
At the beginning of June, they'll be shipping orders from 113 days earlier...
At the beginning of July, they'll be shipping orders from 99 days earlier...
At the beginning of August, they'll be shipping orders from 82 days earlier...
At the beginning of September, they'll be shipping orders from 64 days earlier...
At the beginning of October, they'll be shipping orders from 48 days earlier...
At the beginning of November, they'll be shipping orders from 22 days earlier...
At the beginning of December, they'll be shipping orders from 12 days earlier...

So...   My prediction is that in January 2021...  It'll be a regular in-stock item...   

And Prusa will have sold 50,000 Prusa Mini's, 75,000 MK3S's, 30,000 Prusa XL's, and 250,000 spools of Prusament in the year 2020.

Then again...  my prediction for the year 2030 is that Prusa Slicer becomes self aware and saves us from SkyNet.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 29/02/2020 2:48 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@icephoenix      I was just using some of that Gold Sunlu filament on one of my other printers and it jammed.  (Although that printer jams easily)  I measured the filament with my calipers and it was 1.88 for about 1 meter and then went back to being 1.75 ...  @hawwwran   The quality isn't great, but it's a beautiful color.

Posted : 29/02/2020 2:56 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

And now for the nightly update!

4 Days down and 2 more to go!

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:02 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

And in-case anyone is worried about something like the power going out during a 6 day long print...

Dedicated UPS...    And the tallest picture ever posted... lol

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Frankincell

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:25 am
kevinb2
(@kevinb2)

The wait is long, and the files that are waiting to be printed keep on adding up! 2 months of waiting down, about 2 more to go!

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:29 am
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @frankincell

And in-case anyone is worried about something like the power going out during a 6 day long print...

Dedicated UPS...    And the tallest picture ever posted... lol

No 6 day prints here but I have a small battery backup that keeps it printing for the 8 to 10 seconds that it rakes for the generator to come online.

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:44 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@frankincell

Great prediction. I think the XL number is too high for 2020. The number of minis being ordered might go up again when they remove the restriction of 2 per order. After I get my 1st one in April, I will want 3 more to expand my print farm. 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:48 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @burtronix

@frankincell

Great prediction. I think the XL number is too high for 2020. The number of minis being ordered might go up again when they remove the restriction of 2 per order. After I get my 1st one in April, I will want 3 more to expand my print farm. 

How many do you have?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/02/2020 3:52 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were five orders marked as shipped in the following spreadsheet yesterday.

Two from 15th10

One from 16th10

One from 17th10

One from 18th10

There was one order directly marked as delivered (from14th10)

We have reached new milestone of the 18th of october!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 29/02/2020 7:05 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

How many do you have?

Right now I have 1 MK3S. The first Mini should arrive in April . So, not a farm yet. 

Posted : 29/02/2020 1:29 pm
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member

A new thought crossed my mind while watching the google sheet, there are multiple teams assembling the printers. Team one only does 1 type (for example without sensor and txt sheet and no prusament) -- works faster and picks faster newer dates and team 2 is the main factory where all the parts are and works slower (fills in the gaps left by team 1) this would explain the way deliveries are done.

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 29/02/2020 2:07 pm
kevinb2 liked
clothbot
(@clothbot)

Just added a comment to my entry in the spreadsheet - customs due was CDN$91.86

The future is already here, just unevenly distributed. - W. Gibson.

Posted : 29/02/2020 2:56 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@burtronix

That is a good start.  

I have 7.  3 MK3S, 1 mini, a Predator, an Ender-3 (non-functional), and a CR-10S Pro.  I may donate the Ender-3 to a school (maybe).

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/02/2020 5:00 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@burtronix

That is a good start.  

I have 7.  3 MK3S, 1 mini, a Predator, an Ender-3 (non-functional), and a CR-10S Pro.  I may donate the Ender-3 to a school (maybe).

Do you also have a MMU? 

Posted : 29/02/2020 5:40 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@charles-h13

Nice.  This Prusa mini is my 10th printer, but I only have 5 that I use regularly.

And no two of them are the same.  I've got a list of them in my profile.

And I've got enough spare parts laying around to build a couple more...

I buy them and experiment with them and take them apart and try to improve them and break them and fix them...

I now know a ton about 3d printers, model orientation, supports, etc... It's a great hobby.   

Posted : 29/02/2020 6:26 pm
Page 122 / 241
Share: