Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 119 / 241
  RSS
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @hawwwran

There were twelve orders marked as shipped in the following spreadsheet yesterday.

Nice 😀 Thank you for your dedication!

Posted : 25/02/2020 8:44 am
Linor
(@linor)
Posted by: @rick-m12

I noticed that orders higher than mine from Oct 16 show as shipped but mine has not shipped. Then I noticed that no orders that include the sensor are shipped. I’m wondering if they’re missing a component for the sensor. (Maybe something they’re not getting from China?)

My order (43528, from 14th) was shipped yesterday, black printer with sensor. 

Posted : 25/02/2020 8:47 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

Thank you for for info. Keep me posted if the situation changes. Thanks

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 25/02/2020 9:53 am
Skewed Perception
(@skewed-perception)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @icephoenix

At my local hackerspace someone gave the PEI sheet of our Prusa i3 mk2s the acetone treatment... The sheet completely ripped off with the print. Maybe that's the reason why I am looking forward to the textured sheet so much, as there should be no need for even using separators with petg.

On the smooth PEI sheet, always use window cleaner as prep. Cleans the surface, but not as thoroughly as isopropyl does. Some residue of the cleaner remains, aiding with separating the print from the bed later. Only when I print stuff with very little contact to the bed I use isopropyl when printing PETG.

This has been working perfectly for me since over a year with my i3. Adhesion is not too strong even directly after renaturing the surface with acetone-containing nail polish remover. (Perhaps that's the trick... not using pure acetone to soften its effect a bit?)

In any case, the smooth PEI sheets are somewhat easy to damage in a multitude of ways. I have stocked multiples of them both for my i3 and my Mini.

Do keep the damaged sheet! It still has some use - for example when you are changing the nozzle and recalibrate the Z offset. If the nozzle crashes into it because the nozzle hangs lower than before, no real damage. The sheet is already fucked up, another scratch doesn't matter. Switch to a good sheet after you have correctly set the new Z offset.

Posted : 25/02/2020 9:56 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Errata: not all had to be from 16th of october. I don't have such info available. I will will maybe change ny tool to have the info, but I don't have it it . Just the info about the furtherest one.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 25/02/2020 10:12 am
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @julianr
Posted by: @icephoenix

At my local hackerspace someone gave the PEI sheet of our Prusa i3 mk2s the acetone treatment... The sheet completely ripped off with the print. Maybe that's the reason why I am looking forward to the textured sheet so much, as there should be no need for even using separators with petg.

On the smooth PEI sheet, always use window cleaner as prep. Cleans the surface, but not as thoroughly as isopropyl does. Some residue of the cleaner remains, aiding with separating the print from the bed later. Only when I print stuff with very little contact to the bed I use isopropyl when printing PETG.

This has been working perfectly for me since over a year with my i3. Adhesion is not too strong even directly after renaturing the surface with acetone-containing nail polish remover. (Perhaps that's the trick... not using pure acetone to soften its effect a bit?)

In any case, the smooth PEI sheets are somewhat easy to damage in a multitude of ways. I have stocked multiples of them both for my i3 and my Mini.

Do keep the damaged sheet! It still has some use - for example when you are changing the nozzle and recalibrate the Z offset. If the nozzle crashes into it because the nozzle hangs lower than before, no real damage. The sheet is already fucked up, another scratch doesn't matter. Switch to a good sheet after you have correctly set the new Z offset.

It's a MK2S machine. The PEI sheet is directly glued to the PCB, so you can't easily keep it and use it for nozzle change.

In addition, we have a sheet of paper at the printer saying to use only isopropyl, ethanol or water / soap with paper towels for cleaning and to use Magigoo for PETG and TPU. We found that this method is most compatible as some people had problems getting the first layer to stick using window cleaner. Once in a while an accident happens where someone uses acetone either because he uses glas heatbeds or aluminum at home where acetone works fine or doesn't read the sheet. The PEI sticker survived that once but ripped apart now.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Andi
Posted : 25/02/2020 12:00 pm
sjrocky
(@sjrocky)
Eminent Member

@clemens-m

🤣🤣🤣

Posted : 25/02/2020 12:28 pm
Tom DiGiacomo
(@tom-digiacomo)

@hawwwran

I only see 4 orders, from the 16th, marked as shipped not 12 as you state. My order is the second listed on the 16th and it appears they are not shipping orders with the sensor.

Posted : 25/02/2020 3:32 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@scott-r20

Don´t need yours any longer - got my shipping notification. And I can play with it when it arrives !!!
(I will mark my order as shipped in the community spreadsheet)

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 25/02/2020 5:18 pm
sjrocky liked
Lichtjaeger
(@lichtjaeger)
Noble Member

For your information: I plan to ship a small parcel with silicone socks for the mini to the US. Maybe you want some.

You can read about them here.

Posted : 25/02/2020 5:22 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@lichtjaeger

I might be interested.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/02/2020 5:30 pm
victornorell
(@victornorell)

OK, so I got my mini last Thursday, but then I attended a wedding all weekend. Yesterday I managed to assemble it and start my first print! Or kind of... tried the PLA sample and a carabiner model, but it didn’t stick. Or rather, it stuck, but one end came loose during the print. I’m fairly certain that my first layer calibration is correct (used an MK3 before) and also used isopropanol. Textured sheet though. Has anyone else encountered this? I think it was mentioned in this thread a while back... the print turned out OK though.

Anyway, I was so excited that I forgot to check the color. I got an orange printer, but ordered a black. Should I talk to support about this? I really don’t mind which color, but could be nice to get some spare parts 🙂

Posted : 25/02/2020 5:55 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@victornorell

You are using a printer which is from the beginning coming from RepRap - means printer build parts for printer ==> you produce your own spareparts. Give it a try with support - you have nothing to loose.

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 25/02/2020 6:00 pm
victornorell
(@victornorell)

@clemens-m

Yes I know that I can produce my own spares, but I’m thinking that I could give it a try 🙂

Posted : 25/02/2020 6:12 pm
victornorell
(@victornorell)

Never mind, the color was correct. I was 100% sure I ordered the all black, but apparently I ordered the black and orange.. hard to remember after all this time 😉

Posted : 25/02/2020 6:19 pm
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

@lichtjaeger

Thanks for the stl, I will make one myself once my MINI arrives. I already got some silicone here which should be good for up to 320°C 🙂

Posted : 25/02/2020 8:17 pm
nic
 nic
(@nic-3)
Eminent Member

@hawwwran

I cancelled my order a while ago but I am still following the thread. 

Just wanted to say thanks for the shipping list updates. 

You are doing the lord’s work lol

Posted : 25/02/2020 9:55 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

My only regret at this point is not ordering two...

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 26/02/2020 12:08 am
Chris_Moliere
(@chris_moliere)

My printer shipped! FedEx gives it two days (?), so it should arrive soon! Thank you!

Posted : 26/02/2020 12:32 am
Prusatv
(@prusatv)
Eminent Member

@frankincell

WOW … love that filament on Groot … I am a beginner … (and waiting for my MINI) , so its exciting to see a great second print 😀 

Posted : 26/02/2020 2:08 am
Page 119 / 241
Share: