Page 113 / 241
  RSS
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @adynis

I think it's not yet mentioned if is the updated version or the initial MINI version, but there are a lot of discussions on the corresponding facebook link; check here the facebook link: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/hardware-firmware-and-software-help/heatbed-electrical-connection/

The picture in this thread mentions more cooling fan clearance as the reason. I guess we will see if it is a problem when more MINIs  are used over a longer period of time. Currently it seems like there are no long term tests.

Posted : 20/02/2020 6:20 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

Update: the cable covers cannot be swapped, a new part would be needed.

Back to the wait thread now 🙂

Posted : 20/02/2020 6:23 pm
steve.f13
(@steve-f13)

Hey guys, been assembling my two minis that arrived this week. First was flawless, second took some time to troubleshoot a failed self test, thermal runaway, strange 630Hz hum, issue. 3 hrs with of chat with the guys and at some point the problem resolved itself after I removed the heater connection cover on the bed end. Shuffled the wrap and reinstalled the cover and no issues there... yet. Same machine has retraction issues and I started a thread on it, but since this is the most active thread I figured I'd throw it up here.

First issue was grunt tight compression fittings that restrict the filament upon retraction. They compression fittings only need to be finger tight plus a quarter turn to function. So, I'm replacing the tubing and using the compression fittings from the spares kit. Also, hot end was not seated properly and there must have been a gap at the end of the PTFE insert. I pulled it and took this shot.

What's the best approach to clean it out? I want to heat the nozzle, insert the PTFE, feed filament, cool the nozzle and cold pull both the filament and PTFE tube out together. Thoughts?

Posted : 20/02/2020 6:43 pm
steve.f13
(@steve-f13)

Answered my own question... tried the solution and it worked beautifully

Posted : 20/02/2020 6:58 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

Just took the mini out of the box to assemble and just like others have reported my electronics box is cracked. When I go to the Prusa page there is no chat 🙁

I know this has happened to many people.

Posted : 20/02/2020 10:43 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @k9bub

Just took the mini out of the box to assemble and just like others have reported my electronics box is cracked. When I go to the Prusa page there is no chat 🙁

I know this has happened to many people.

You need to log into the Prusa site and access the estore to see the chat option. Good luck with it.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 20/02/2020 10:50 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@bobstro

Thanks, I got chat and they are sending me a new box

Posted : 20/02/2020 11:01 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@k9bub

Yup - common.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/02/2020 11:04 pm
Area51
(@area51)

@k9bub

Exactly the same spot mine was cracked - and that was before Christmas, wonder why this problem has not been fixed.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 21/02/2020 12:17 am
James
(@james-10)
Eminent Member

Build a stronger case and they'll build a stronger package thrower handler

Posted : 21/02/2020 12:55 am
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@area51

yup, the box was intact now holes and well packed inside. So they must really throw the boxes far and hard

Posted : 21/02/2020 1:21 am
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member

Prusa should pack some g-force indicators in random boxes. If any of those customers complain of broken parts then Prusa can ask the customer to check the indicator(s). Ideally there would be multiple indicators with different force limits so they can get some real world data on how the packages are being handled.

I don’t have my Mini yet so I’m not familiar with that part. Maybe a thick layer of cardboard inside would keep it from cracking by adding support to resist the forces causing the problem. 

Posted : 21/02/2020 1:44 am
James
(@james-10)
Eminent Member

@rick-m12

They are doing this, there was a post on page88 about someone getting a note there was a shock sensor in their package

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/unofficial-prusa-mini-wait-thread/paged/88/#post-189791

Posted : 21/02/2020 1:51 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@hawwwran

Good morning - how many were it yesterday?

I WANT MY PRINTER !!! (hoping for next week)

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 21/02/2020 6:19 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 21/02/2020 6:23 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

(whenever I say "shipped", it means "changed from pending to shipped or delivered")

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 21/02/2020 6:28 am
Pete Brown
(@pete-brown)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

(whenever I say "shipped", it means "changed from pending to shipped or delivered")

I didn't mark mine as shipped/delivered. I don't have the spreadsheet link handy, and this thread is 113 pages. It wouldn't surprise me if there are many others who have received theirs but not updated the spreadsheet.

Posted : 21/02/2020 7:11 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I will better link it daily then.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY/htmlview

Posted : 21/02/2020 7:21 am
Jason Dean
(@jason-dean)

I've been lurking here while patiently waiting for my delivery date to appear (Thanks for all the interesting discussions). Its now getting to the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I had to wait till 24th October for payday to order so I'm hopefully waiting for the March 11th window. I've been without a 3D printer since the end of last year when my Flashforge Creator Pro just got so unreliable, I've stopped using it. I'm itching to start making things again. Really looking forward to having automatic bed levelling for the first time too! Can anyone mention a good filament maker in the UK now that Rigid.Ink have shut up shop (They had a really good white that worked great with miniatures). 

Posted : 21/02/2020 9:50 am
GrimmWinters
(@grimmwinters)
Trusted Member

@hawwwran

still thinking, it would be easiest, if @charles-h13 would simply link it in his first post.

Posted : 21/02/2020 11:03 am
Page 113 / 241
Share: