Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 102 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I made a tolerance gauge / fidget toy which I would love to see primted on a MINI. Would somebody already having a MINI want to try it out?

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/21794-tolerance-gauge-fidget-toy

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 12/02/2020 9:47 am
burtronix liked
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

I made a tolerance gauge / fidget toy which I would love to see primted on a MINI. Would somebody already having a MINI want to try it out?

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/21794-tolerance-gauge-fidget-toy

Nice.. I am going ot print that on my Mk3 now to see how it works.. And will do the same on my Mini when its built (Still havn't found time yet).

Posted : 12/02/2020 9:48 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@jweaver

Awesome. Let me know when you're finished. I only have a RF100 to play with so I'm eager to see the results on Prusas.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 12/02/2020 9:51 am
Radu B.
(@radu-b)

Hi everybody,

I just received my mini yesterday and managed to print only the nut and screw that came on the USB drive. The quality is -in my opinion- really really good. The pieces were printed at .15 layer height and they look amazing. It was definitely worth the wait. Also, i can confirm what other people said that during printing it is a quiet printer.

My mini came with the PEI sheet and filament sensor. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble and the instructions were clear. I got the upgraded parts  on the printer and also an USB drive to flash the firmware on the first run. During the brief 2 prints (5 hours in total and a filament change mid print) i encountered no problems with bed adhesion or other things. The only thing that i didn't like was the spool holder; it gets the job done but it seems a little too unstable for my liking, but that's a minor thing. The printer itself is awesome. I already got an Ender3 pro but you really can't compare the two. The mini just works right out of the box.

Next step for me will be to get  acquainted with the Prusa Slicer and test the profiles for mini. 

Posted : 12/02/2020 11:23 am
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

So far so good, I have managed to print about 20 different thing so far on my Mini since it arrived on Monday. Last night I even featured it in a Twitch stream for a couple hours. Its a solid little machine, Also i have noticed that the Smooth sheet is Completely different than the one that came with my MK3 devices. I do not have to use any adhesives of any kind on it, it literally just works and I have not had any type of adhesion issues at all.

The only complaint  I have so far isnt with the printer but with my ability to get it to print properly from OctoPrint. Everything tries to print from 1mm up which obviously fails lol.

Posted : 12/02/2020 12:59 pm
Charles Hart
(@charles-hart)

@littleneutrino

I have printed a lot of things with my two minis. They are wonderful little prototyping machines.
I myself have had only three issues with mine, one of which is completely my own fault. I ran some bad PLA through one and it clogged the hottend something horrible. One had the PINDA probe go out after an 18 hour print, yay for red PETG upgrade parts on my Prusa Mini lol. Then of course now having Overture White PETG over stick to the spring sheet.
These things are so much better than the Chinese knock off printer I started with. Wish these had existed when I started 3d printing.

Posted : 12/02/2020 1:26 pm
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

@charles-hart85

My primary reason for buying the mini was the network functionality they are going to be adding. I have 5 MK3s units running right now (in my private business) and now I am toying with the Mini waiting for the network stuff to happen. Its exciting.

Posted : 12/02/2020 1:39 pm
burtronix liked
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

Im getting closer!

Latest from CHAT:

your order is expected to ship in the next 24-48 hours

You will receive tracking information once it ships.

!!!!
Posted : 12/02/2020 1:53 pm
sjrocky liked
LE3D
 LE3D
(@le3d)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @k9bub

Im getting closer!

Latest from CHAT:

your order is expected to ship in the next 24-48 hours

You will receive tracking information once it ships.

!!!!

That's awesome k9bub!!!  I'm surprised they would even say that and not just the "this week/ next week" canned response.

Posted : 12/02/2020 4:59 pm
sjrocky liked
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@lh

LH, yes, until now they would always say in a week or 2 it will ship, now lets see if they ship it it this week

Posted : 12/02/2020 7:13 pm
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member

@hawwwran Printed your thing on my Mk3 and it came out well.. The first segment is stuck solid, but the rest turn freely....

How did it come out on your Printer?

Posted : 12/02/2020 7:27 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@jweaver

Interesting. I expected Mk3 to do better than $200 printer 🙂 it came out the same on my printer. It looked promissing when printing, but the center part was stuck in the end.

Posted : 12/02/2020 7:31 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@jweaver

Interesting. I expected Mk3 to do better than $200 printer 🙂 it came out the same on my printer. It looked promissing when printing, but the center part was stuck in the end.

It does much better over time.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 12/02/2020 10:30 pm
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@jweaver

It does much better over time.  

What do you mean by better over time? I have had my mk3 since day 1 and used it almost every day.. and its no better today than it was when i got it... its no worse either... its just the same which is why i love it as i can trust and depend on it.

the test in question was probably i possible for any FDM printer.. the gap was so close, i cant see that its possible to print it without both faces fusing.

Posted : 12/02/2020 10:34 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@jweaver

Print to print is not where I see a difference with Mk3S.  One or two prints my be similar in quality but when you compare 5 to 20 over a large time frame, the MK3S is superior to me.  I also have less Jams, down time, and failed prints with the Mk3s than any of my Crealities.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 12/02/2020 10:41 pm
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@jweaver

Print to print is not where I see a difference with Mk3S.  One or two prints my be similar in quality but when you compare 5 to 20 over a large time frame, the MK3S is superior to me.  I also have less Jams, down time, and failed prints with the Mk3s than any of my Crealities.  

Ah right.. yes.. i am with you now and agree... i havnt looked at my stats for a while And cant guess how many KMs of filament i have run through my MK3 or how many hours i have printed but i know its a lot.

And in that time, i havnt had a single jam, fault or any unexplained failure.. it does everything i ask of it and thats why i think its worth the higher price tag over the cheaper models.

This post was modified 4 years ago by jweaver
Posted : 12/02/2020 10:46 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I have had a couple of jams.  I will tell you that it has decreased with the use of cleaning filaments.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/02/2020 3:07 am
blackbird
(@blackbird)

No news of any new shipments in the last two days? 🙁 

This post was modified 4 years ago by blackbird
Posted : 13/02/2020 6:21 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no reported shippments in past two day BUT there was one reported just few minutes ago. (In our community sheet)

Posted : 13/02/2020 6:43 am
Robrob
(@robrob)

Where do you get to chat? I have never even seen it as an option, no matter time of day I look.

Also, I used the contact form to ask about my 10/13 order 3 or 4 days ago, and no response.  bleh.

Posted : 13/02/2020 7:09 am
Page 102 / 241
Share: