RE: Super PINDA and other changes coming to the Mini+

@karl-herbert

Thanks Karl-Herbert 

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:22 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@karl-herbert

I suspect you are right and I am just not that observant.  I just looked at a photo of my printer - it is yellow.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:42 am
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member

My upgrade order with the SPINDA is scheduled for delivery Tuesday so I can confirm once I recieve it.

I did 3 back to back 50 mm x 50 mm square with 0.2mm layer height to dial in my z-offset with what we think is a SPINDA.    All three were great and I didn't notice an z-offset drift due to heating up.  But take this with a grain of salt as My mini was fine with back to back print for about a month before I started having the MINDA issues.  I will keep you guys updated as time goes on but I am sure a couple of you have ordered

Posted : 28/11/2020 6:00 am
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member

That is why I asked for the comparison photo (my MINDA is indeed Yellow)

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 28/11/2020 8:46 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@rockytoptim

What do you mean by MINDA Issues?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/11/2020 10:02 am
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet

Where the MINDA would be affected by tempurature and z-offset would have to be changed every print if run back to back.  Thats the reason the SPINDA was was implemented.

Posted : 28/11/2020 10:19 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@rockytoptim

I was just trying to see if it was the same.  I had this for a very short run with a couple of prints, but it is gone again.   Where is your printer set up?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/11/2020 10:56 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

Has anyone been able to test the SPINDA and confirm a change regarding the mentioned MINDA problems?

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 28/11/2020 11:16 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@oxygen

There is a picture here https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/994-original-prusa-mini.html looks like the yellow tip changes to black.

Posted : 28/11/2020 11:20 am
Oxygen liked
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member

@karl-herbert

I got a SPINDA as xz axis warranty.  It arrived today and i have done 3 back to back 50mm x 50 mm with 0.2 layer height and no issues with z-offset.  I did no warmup or no special parking after print.  After that I did 3 ~1 hr print jobs back to back and all had good first layers.  But I will say my mini didnt have issues till after about 3 -4 weeks so I am optomistic that the SPINDA will solve the issue but more printing time is needed.

Posted : 28/11/2020 11:24 am
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member

@gordon-w

I can confirm that the MINDA/SPINDA on my warranty return that I got today has a black tip.  See maybe 1 page back in the forum for my pic of supposedly SPINDA.

Posted : 28/11/2020 11:27 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@rockytoptim

Thanks for the information. We will see how it develops further. Anyway, we now know that the SPINDA tip is different in color from the MINDA. I hope it stays that way, because the sensors are not marked anywhere else and there is no type label.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 28/11/2020 11:41 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @crawlerin
Posted by: @steve-smith

Just recieved my Super Pinda... the install should be simple enough..
Nothing on the Knowledge Base about it yet.. that I can find.. so I am hoping its just a plug and play.

It's essentially plug'n'play, I think biggest annoyance is unwrapping and wrapping sleeving.

Yes can confirm this.. Biggest pain was the wrapping sleeving.. But Its an easy install.

On a side note.. I see nothing changed in the screen.. and apart from small adjustment to the live adjust.. its printing fine.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:21 pm
TeachThePrints
(@teachtheprints)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @karl-herbert

@rockytoptim

Thanks for the information. We will see how it develops further. Anyway, we now know that the SPINDA tip is different in color from the MINDA. I hope it stays that way, because the sensors are not marked anywhere else and there is no type label.

The probes have a label attached to the wireending inside the buddy board enclosure. At least mine does and explicitely states it's a M.I.N.D.A.

Prusa Mini FW4.4.1

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:41 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@teachtheprints

It is ok.  That plug will work.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/11/2020 5:00 pm
Mike Gann
(@mike-gann)

My SuperPINDA was shipped early Friday morning and I received it at 8:15am this Sunday morning in Omaha, Nebraska.  Great service from DHL.

I installed it later that morning and did the first layer calibration with no issues.  Definitely plug and play.

Prints coming out great.   Let everything cool down and tried again several hours later for a cold start test, and again all was good.

Mike Gann

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mike Gann
Posted : 29/11/2020 8:15 pm
Alex Hung liked
Lupin
(@lupin)
Estimable Member

I also placed order for SuperPinda. First I tried "upgrades for the mini", but they were out of stock. Which was bit weird as the only part the upgrade has is the SuperPinda, and one can buy it separately. I hope it will end the need for preheating.

Posted : 29/11/2020 8:53 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@mike-gann

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that with this higher quality sensor the mentioned problems are solved.

Posted : 29/11/2020 9:37 pm
Mike Gann
(@mike-gann)

Printed a benchy after having the printer off for four hours.  Printed great!  First layer with the lettering looked perfect.  

I think this is the fix we were hoping for.

Mike Gann

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mike Gann
Posted : 29/11/2020 10:36 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@mike-gann

That's good to hear, thanks for feedback.

Posted : 30/11/2020 1:55 pm
Page 6 / 8
Share: