Clear all

Super PINDA and other changes coming to the Mini+  

Page 5 / 8
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Super PINDA and other changes coming to the Mini+

@crawlerin

I had the same experience.  Keep trying/. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 2:59 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

I got one! I got one! 🖐️ And an extra TXT sheet.

Posted : 27/11/2020 3:55 am
Oliver-Andre
(@oliver-andre)
Trusted Member

Actually I got 2 super pindas now. I hope available number will go up soon, as I have 5 mk3s and 4 mini. But of course the demand exceeds the number of Prusa printers I have: I also have inductive probes added on other printers. As cheap inductive probes all have the same problem with temperature drift, all theese printers also would profit from the super pindas. So I think the demand of super pindas will be much bigger than Prusa expects... So no big hope the shortage will end soon ;-(

I do not understand the discussion about new firmware. For the Minda there never was a temperature sensor, so for the Mini having a more constant probe makes no difference. For the mk3(s) there was always the option to turn of temperature compensation - actually doing temperature calibration of the probe was never part of the initial assisted process of calibrating a new mk3(s), so without doing calibration of the old pinda the compensation was turned off anyways; the thermistor not being used. You can switch the compensation on and off in the menue. So there should be no need for a new firmware to use the super pinda - only maybe a new firmware for more comfort (Auto detect probe type on start, auto-disable the compensation and the item in the menue if thermistor pin is not connected).

Posted : 27/11/2020 8:53 am
Area51
(@area51)

The Prusa home-page was down and very slow when BlackFriday started - I gave up browsing the page for parts...

@oliver-andre
No firmware update is needed for the Mini as the new temperature compensation is hidden in the probe. For some users it will be an improvement with higher stability. I have some problems when the bed is hot and is looking forward to have that fixed and get the same stability as I have on my MK3S machines.

I'm not sure with MK3S firmware but as you points out, the older Pinda version had no thermistor. It should be enough to just turn off temperature compensation in firmware.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 27/11/2020 11:01 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

Just recieved my Super Pinda... the install should be simple enough..
Nothing on the Knowledge Base about it yet.. that I can find.. so I am hoping its just a plug and play.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 27/11/2020 11:02 am
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member

Can somebody share a picture of the MINDA and superPINDA side by side and are there type numbers visible?

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 27/11/2020 11:39 am
Josiah
(@josiah)
Eminent Member

How frustrating. I get a faulty printer and now I have to pay in order to fix the issue? Man, I think Prusa is just not for me. Their model seems to be, get money by hyping a new printer, get these people to beta test, improve the printer, sell the refined version on the backs of the testers. It would really be better if they labeled their printers as beta models. I would have zero problem then. Just really irked that I have to pay $25 to fix the probe issue that should never have been an issue. 

Posted : 27/11/2020 2:57 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@josiah

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.   I am not so sure faulty is the right word.  My printer works fine with the original sensor.  What problems are you having?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 3:03 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@area51

It is slow.  Two items I want to order went out of stock as I ordered.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 4:55 pm
ChillyPenguin
(@chillypenguin)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @steve-smith

Nothing on the Knowledge Base about it yet.. that I can find.. so I am hoping its just a plug and play.

Here are the instructions in the Knowledge base:

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/guide/how-to-replace-a-m-i-n-d-a-sensor-mini_115145

Posted : 27/11/2020 5:47 pm
Area51
(@area51)

@cwbullet

Slow but it works... when the Black Friday started it went into error with no response.

The SuperPinda is in stock on their web page now.

Posted : 27/11/2020 5:51 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@area51

Yes.  Ordered 3 - two separate orders.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 5:55 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @steve-smith

It's essentially plug'n'play, I think biggest annoyance is unwrapping and wrapping sleeving.

Posted : 27/11/2020 6:53 pm
Area51
(@area51)

@steve-smith

Let us know how it goes with the new SuperPinda - I have an Mini+ upgrade in the mail and it should arrive Tuesday.

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:04 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

My order shipped today for my Mini - #4.  Please let it be a Plus.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:08 pm
Lvet
 Lvet
(@lvet)
Estimable Member

It looks like the mini+ upgrade kit is in stock. I placed my order to discover that shipping is forecasted for "beginning of 2021", meaning that they are out of stock, but they are taking preorders.

I guess I will have to be patient

Posted : 27/11/2020 7:58 pm
rockytoptim
(@rockytoptim)
Trusted Member

So I just got my XZ Axis today from prusa as a warranty replacement. This MINDA Looks different from what was on it when I sent it back.  I'm hoping it's the SuperPinda even though I placed order for upgrade .

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by rockytoptim
Posted : 27/11/2020 9:22 pm
Area51
(@area51)

@rockytoptim

It could be an upgrade, the tip of my original Minda is yellow and on the photo on Prusa Shop the tip of the SuperPinda is black.

Posted : 28/11/2020 12:38 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@area51

I don't remember my MINDA being yellow.  I will check when I get back from vacation.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:02 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@rockytoptim

The MINDA sensor tip is normally yellow. I think to 99.9% that you have installed the new SPINDA.

(MINDA)

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 28/11/2020 1:18 am
Page 5 / 8
Share: