Notifications
Clear all

Print ending behavior changed  

RSS
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member
Print ending behavior changed

I might just be going nuts, but it seems to me that after a print finishes, my print head would move to the back, right corner. I haven’t modified any settings, but now my print head is moving to the back left corner when a print finishes. Any idea why that would change? 

Posted : 17/08/2020 2:34 am
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Print ending behavior changed

Just adding a little info to this issue. When printing from octoprint, the  nozzle ends up in the back right of the bed, but when printing from the USB using  the exact same gcode, the nozzle ends up up the back left. 
I'm using FW 4.1. I had updated to 4.2, but was getting blue screen failures, so I down graded. 

Posted : 24/08/2020 2:20 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @stevensmith

Just adding a little info to this issue. When printing from octoprint, the  nozzle ends up in the back right of the bed, but when printing from the USB using  the exact same gcode, the nozzle ends up up the back left. 
I'm using FW 4.1. I had updated to 4.2, but was getting blue screen failures, so I down graded. 

OctoPrint will inject gcode at various points during a print, including the end. Check  your OctoPrint configuration. Test off USB before deciding it's a firmware issue.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 24/08/2020 3:57 am
Malcolm
(@malcolm)
Trusted Member

strange post print behaviour is known to happen with 4.1+ firmware and if you've also added M92 to custom gcode (for Bondtech extruder) only happens when printing from USB 

See https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware-Buddy/issues/733

I'm guessing you have a Bondtech extruder?

Posted : 24/08/2020 12:13 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

Specifically - Settings (the spanner) then GCode scripts.

Posted : 24/08/2020 1:34 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

@malcmcm, Yep, have a bondtech with an M92 command in the custom start script.

Posted : 24/08/2020 2:07 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

The blue screens were happening off the USB drive. I actually rarely print off of octoprint any more on the mini. In 4 days, I got 2 blue screens and one watchdog error. That is despite trying a different thumb drive. Since downgrading back to 4.1, all is well except the final position of the print head. In retrospect, this change in behavior is likely due to me changing from the use of Octoprint to the thumb drive.

Posted : 24/08/2020 2:14 pm
Share: