Notifications
Clear all

No cool down after filament unload  

RSS
Fliens
(@fliens)
No cool down after filament unload

The title pretty much says everything. When unloading the filament in the filament settings the temperature stays at the unloading temperature after the unloading is done. I think that's pretty dangerous because if you don't notice it, it's possible that you go somewhere else and the printer is still on high temperatures.

fw-version 4.0.5

Sorry for the bad english

Simon

Posted : 12/05/2020 5:20 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: No cool down after filament unload

There is a cooldown option, in the 'Preheatt' menu

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 12/05/2020 7:01 pm
Fliens
(@fliens)
Topic starter answered:

@joantabb

Yeah i know I'm using this function every time i unload filament but it's not so obvious

Posted : 12/05/2020 7:03 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Simon, 
Why not raise it as an option on the Git Hub Page

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 12/05/2020 7:09 pm
Area51
(@area51)

The firmware has a timeout and will turn extruder heater off after a period to avoid cooking the filament - not sure how long.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 12/05/2020 10:13 pm
Fliens
(@fliens)
Topic starter answered:

@area51

Yeah I just realized that. But it's still kind of weird.
I understand why this cooldown is usefull but some kind of hint that there is a cooldown or a setting where you could set the cooldown(or deactivate it) would be nice 🙂

Posted : 12/05/2020 10:22 pm
Area51
(@area51)

It is a safety feature and not supposed to be turned off. Maybe there could be a configuration setting to adjust how long before it is activated.

On my MK3s it is annoying as I often turn on preheating to change color, walks away to prepare next model while the printer is heating. When I returned the printer has automatically turned off... it is about 10min in MK3 FW.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 12/05/2020 10:39 pm
Share: