Notifications
Clear all

Filament  

RSS
Swishtail
(@swishtail)
Eminent Member
Filament

While I'm waiting for my Mini to arrive, I've been browsing filament options.  I have a couple rolls of Prusament coming, but unfortunately, most of the PLA options appear to be out of stock.  So, I'm looking for other options besides Prusament until the stock refills.   In particular, I'm looking for a good purple PLA.

So far, I'm looking hard at Hatchbox (their purple is really pink though...) and eSun PLA+ (mixed reviews of this filament on a PEI sheet have me concerned).

Any suggestions?  Even if not purple... 🙂

Posted : 10/08/2020 6:11 pm
Tracy
(@tracy)
Trusted Member
RE: Filament

In additional to Hatchbox, my favorite filaments come from FilaCube and Atomic Filament. Inland is really good too but requires a slightly higher temp, if that matters to you.

Posted : 10/08/2020 6:45 pm
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

Hatchbox is my go-to filament here in the States.  Sometimes it was hard to get during the height of the pandemic, but it seems to be more readily available now.

Paramount is another that I've had excellent luck with.  Ditto with RepRapper.

Solutech prints and sticks well, but it sure looks like they do not use as much pigment as most of the others as I find their filaments somewhat translucent.

A good second source of the Prusa silver that comes with the machines is FilamentPM, both Stateside and UK/EU.

Posted : 10/08/2020 8:03 pm
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member

Are you looking in the US or overseas?

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 14/08/2020 5:24 pm
Swishtail
(@swishtail)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@geoper2

In the US.

Posted : 14/08/2020 10:26 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

In the US, I prefer Paramount out of Chicago.  They sell via Amazon.  I think you want PLA. Paramount PLA

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/08/2020 12:33 am
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

In the US, I prefer Paramount out of Chicago.  They sell via Amazon.  I think you want PLA. Paramount PLA

Good stuff!  I just ordered a spool of their 'Castle Limestone Gray' for one of the buildings.

Posted : 15/08/2020 2:03 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@jsw

I have a sample of Castle Limestone Gray loaded on my printer right now!

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/08/2020 2:07 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

If you're near a Microcenter, Inland is good. Nothing special, but dependable. Also available online for less than $19/Kg with free shipping. I like Paramount for the color range and free shipping. Good PLA and PETG. AIO Robotics on their 1lb spool is nice (when in stock) if you just need a bit of one color. I'm going to give 3D Fuel a try. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 15/08/2020 2:22 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @charles-h13

@jsw

I have a sample of Castle Limestone Gray loaded on my printer right now!

I forgot to also include a link to the company: Paramount filaments.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/08/2020 9:13 am
AnnieR
(@annier)
Reputable Member

Are there any national walk in places where filament is available? I asked at Best Buy when I was in for something else and the guy who I talked to didn't even seem to know what I was talking about. 

Posted : 15/08/2020 4:49 pm
Swishtail
(@swishtail)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@charles-h13

I just ordered a roll of Paramount’s Decepticon Purple.  Very cool.  Thank you.

Posted : 15/08/2020 5:08 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Microcenters

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/08/2020 5:08 pm
Share: