Advice re: sell or try to return to Prusa  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Alex3d
(@alex3d)
Eminent Member
RE: Advice re: sell or try to return to Prusa

@julian_bauknech
I think Prusa rushed to the launch, without having done a good test before and solved the little problems to be a five star printer.

Posted : 07/04/2020 6:49 pm
smt674
(@smt674)

@bob-h9

Did you measure the length of the PTFE tube in the hotend after you were having issues?

Did you print higher temp filaments like ASA or PETG?

Curious if your experiences line up with mine.  Only a PTFE tube swap seems to have fixed my issue.  My hunch is that we're getting insufficient cooling and its causing issues with the PTFE tube in the hotend.

Posted : 08/04/2020 1:06 am
xhillb61
(@xhillb61)
Trusted Member

Let me ask you guys a question: why, if you guys are right, the internet isn´t full of "Prusa Mini Scam?"

Probably because 99.9 % of the printers work flawless? I have my 2nd Mini and I had none of the issues you guys are talking about.

On my opinion 3D printing is a niche for guys who like to tinker. The problem that comes with this is, that a lot of people overcomplicate things. They don´t see/try easy solutions. They tend to discredit the whole product.

My 2 Minis (1st december, 2nd march delivery) work on par with my MK3S MMu2S. Yes, also the MMU2S works fine.

I didn´t hav eto mod a single thing on the minis, just screwed in several screws in 20 miuntes and print till then.

PLA, PETG, HIPS, ABS even ultra soft TPU my MK3S isn´t capable of printing.

Usually minor changes fix problems not changing Hotends, Motors etc. cause, you won´t believe, they did their homework.

Cheers

Posted : 08/04/2020 12:39 pm
xhillb61
(@xhillb61)
Trusted Member

Let me ask you guys a question: why, if you guys are right, the internet isn´t full of "Prusa Mini Scam?"

Probably because 99.9 % of the printers work flawless? I have my 2nd Mini and I had none of the issues you guys are talking about.

On my opinion 3D printing is a niche for guys who like to tinker. The problem that comes with this is, that a lot of people overcomplicate things. They don´t see/try easy solutions. They tend to discredit the whole product.

My 2 Minis (1st december, 2nd march delivery) work on par with my MK3S MMu2S. Yes, also the MMU2S works fine.

I didn´t hav eto mod a single thing on the minis, just screwed in several screws in 20 miuntes and print till then.

Usually minor changes fix problems not changing Hotends, Motors etc. cause, you won´t believe, they did their homework.

Cheers

xhillb61
(@xhillb61)
Trusted Member

Cheers

julian_bauknecht
(@julian_bauknecht)

Thats a really good question i asked myself already. I think it could be potentially two points. One possibilty is, that there are 99,9% flawless printers out there, and only folks from the other 0,1% accumulate here. it was the Support Chat that pointet out,that the hotend was not assembeld correctly after i contacted them regarding the Probe. My Probe was clearly broken, Support send me a new one, now its much better, but still not perfect. with the original MINDA random diviations up to 0.5mm lead to unusable first layers every print. Now i get 0,05mm after preheating, thats in the realm where the print works every time you only notice it if you have high expectations. That leads me to that on the other hand its a matter of what you expect from you printer. I do a lot functional prints, if you print a topplate for a given box and the axis arent orogonal it wont fit. i printed a bunch of Leapfrog testprints and stuff like that, they all look 100% perfect.

So i think there are a few Quality issuses a minority expiriences that accumulates here plus there are different expectations and requirements and a few Problem show only if you try to do certaint stuff. But as i said, i think thats ok for given price difference, not be able to get usable firstlayers that stick not. 

Cheers Julian

Posted : 08/04/2020 12:55 pm
WouterV
(@wouterv)
Eminent Member

@ulrike-b

I don't think you have been paying enough attention, the internet IS full of people saying it's not a perfect printer! This forum is full of them but based on the posts here there's no saying what % is flawed - probably not many people take to the forums.

How can we get a % flawed? Let's look at reviewers, how many of them have had issues. Looking at reviewers, both All3dp and teachingtech had issues with underextrusion! All other 3d-print-authorities that I trust (CNC kitchen, Sanladerer, Maker's muse) haven't reviewed this thing yet, at most they had coverage of the Mini on some event. So 100% of the reviews from sources that I knew before buying this printer, have issues like in this forum.

Posted : 08/04/2020 1:24 pm
smt674
(@smt674)

This forum is really full of people having issues with under-extrusion.  Look around.  My hypothesis is that most of the fixes don't address the root cause issue with the heat break.

Very irresponsible to dismiss other users issues as a lack of tinkering.  It's possible for a majority to have a working printer and others to have a legitimate issue inherit in the design of the machine.  No amount of "guys that like to tinker" will fix that issue.  

Most of use who buy Prusa stuff pay the extra price for the quality of the design.  Else, if I wanted to be a tinkerer I would have bought an Ender3 or CR10.  I didn't expect to be a beta tester after my positive experience with the MK3.

Posted : 08/04/2020 1:40 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

I wonder if there are figures for the number of returns? Perhaps people who have returned could post here.

Posted : 08/04/2020 2:49 pm
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

worst case scenario for me is to replace the heat break and the extruder. Bondtech sells upgrades. Best case, and the one I believe, is Prusa solves the issues and we end up with a good product. They've been releasing updates ands fixes. Maybe they will release a Pinda upgrade (the buddy board appears to be socketed to accept one) - that would fix some of the issues.

I remain hopeful.

I'm not a mad scientist, I'm an angry engineer in training.

Posted : 08/04/2020 3:05 pm
Alex3d
(@alex3d)
Eminent Member

@towlerg

I have sent an email to return it 5 days after having it in my house and I have not received an answer. The after-sales service does not work. Can you legally return it? Why didn't they want to answer me? I have listed all the problems in an email and if possible the return of the product and they only gave me an answer on how I could solve the problems as if I was a beginner where you are always to blame for the printer not working properly. I was collecting money to buy an mk3s and when I saw the advertisement for the prusa mini which would achieve the same result with the prusa mk3s I decided to buy it but I regret it. Misleading advertising ?

Posted : 08/04/2020 4:28 pm
3Dprintedgr
(@3dprintedgr)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @alex3d

@towlerg

I have sent an email to return it 5 days after having it in my house and I have not received an answer. The after-sales service does not work. Can you legally return it? Why didn't they want to answer me? I have listed all the problems in an email and if possible the return of the product and they only gave me an answer on how I could solve the problems as if I was a beginner where you are always to blame for the printer not working properly. I was collecting money to buy an mk3s and when I saw the advertisement for the prusa mini which would achieve the same result with the prusa mk3s I decided to buy it but I regret it. Misleading advertising ?

There is nothing else you need to do. Due to corona virus things are pretty clogged. I don't know where you live but according to European laws you can return an item you bought from an online store within 15 days without stating the reason. You bought a product didn't like it, you have the right to return it. They will answer, you sent the notification within 15 days so you are safe. I know it is frustrating but in times like these with a global crisis we need to stay calm and united.

This post was modified 4 years ago by 3Dprintedgr

Original Prusa Mini + Smooth PEI
Prusa Slicer 2.6.0

Posted : 09/04/2020 3:45 am
Alex3d
(@alex3d)
Eminent Member

@geoper2

I got the printer before the coronavirus. Don't blame it all on the coronavirus. It's been over a month and I still don't have good print results. I'm printing with the ender 3 that gives me the best results.

Posted : 09/04/2020 7:53 am
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

@alex3d

I understand your frustration, you've spent a bunch of money and are not satisfied. One thing I would say given my limited experience with Prusa support, they don't seem to answer email, they concentrate on live chat. I suggest you at least give it a go.

Posted : 09/04/2020 1:01 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

@geoper2

I don't even have a mini to return, just curious how many people have had a bad experience.

Posted : 09/04/2020 1:05 pm
Joey
 Joey
(@joey-2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

The next chapter in my Mini saga.

Prusa received the returned unit yesterday. It was in most of the original packaging.

Now I wait for the refund credit. (The fly in the ointment is that the original credit card is now void. I have sent, via email, the new cc info.)

More to come later.

Mk3 - 1X
Mk3S - 2X
2021 Hyundai Palisade
Wife - 1X

Posted : 09/04/2020 1:57 pm
Alex3d
(@alex3d)
Eminent Member

@towlerg Thank you very much for your words. Tomorrow I will try to disassemble the printer and see if the problem is corrected if I don't write an email seriously. Greetings

Posted : 09/04/2020 3:22 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

@alex3d

"@towlerg Thank you very much for your words. Tomorrow I will try to disassemble the printer and see if the problem is corrected if I don't write an email seriously. Greetings"

You don't have anything to thank me for, I was just being devils advocate.

Posted : 10/04/2020 3:04 pm
Joey
 Joey
(@joey-2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

My MINI saga has come to an end.

Prusa received my returned unit on April 8. After a few emails and chats, and a telephone call, I received my credit today, April 29. I think that is immoral and unconcionable.

Before I returned the unit I had one last chat with them. I was ready to disassemble the hot end and do the steps suggested. I asked that they send six grub screws knowing they could get stripped. They said they would be glad to include them in my next order. SIX GRUB screws that would fit into an envelope. That was the end for me.

I don't accept the EXCUSE of Covid. Sorry.

I would love to order my third Mk3, which I think is a fabulous product. But I don't know that I want to support Prusa any longer.

Mk3 - 1X
Mk3S - 2X
2021 Hyundai Palisade
Wife - 1X

Posted : 29/04/2020 1:39 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: