When Prusa will come out with a bigger printer?!

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
SamR
 SamR
(@samr)

Hey, 

I hope everyone is doing well during these challenging times! 

As the title says, when do you think Prusa will come up with a bigger printer? 

I remember seeing a Youtube video featuring the mini printer, and Mr. Prusa, in the interview, said very soon Prusa would come up with a more significant volume printer. This took place last year. 

Any inside info on that 🤓

Posted : 28/05/2020 12:25 pm
Lichtjaeger
(@lichtjaeger)
Noble Member
RE: When Prusa will come out with a bigger printer?!

Probably next year.

https://blog.prusaprinters.org/firmware-3-9-0-out-now-info-about-new-printers-and-more-news_36178/#1

Posted : 28/05/2020 12:53 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

I'd be surprised if they launched a new printer before the wait time for the Mini is significantly below the 3-4 months it is at the moment. Hopefully the additional space they are taking on and an improving supply chain will mean they can finalise the design and move to production in the foreseeable future. I'd suspect the best we can hope for is the launch to  follow a similar pattern to the mini launch; announce it ~October to capture a share of the Christmas market, with delivery starting around Feb next year.

This obviously depends on shipping (supply chain and deliveries) returning to something approaching 'normal' and having enough space to allow the workforce to work in a safe manner.

Posted : 28/05/2020 2:07 pm
SamR liked
Luchador
(@luchador)
Eminent Member

There was a small Information in a Blog a few days ago , mentioned that the work on the XL is frozen until all is on a better way and we should not expect him soon 

Posted : 29/05/2020 4:51 am
SamR liked
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@luchador

I understood it that work is not frozen - quite the opposite, they plan to use additional time to work on improvements. They just don't want to officially introduce it because people would not be able to get them - because Prusa is not able to source components reliably in current situation. 5 months lead time for MINI stretches people's patience by a lot, imagine they'd not be able to get it for 18 months. Prusa is not Kickstarter, this would not pass 😆 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 31/05/2020 1:59 am
SamR liked
SamR
 SamR
(@samr)
Topic starter answered:

Thank you all for the excellent and detailed responses. I think I will place an order by the end of this week. 

Posted : 05/08/2020 7:41 am
Share: