Clear all

Shapr3D - ipad cad software  

RSS
Zuk
 Zuk
(@zuk)
Shapr3D - ipad cad software

Are there any users of Shapr3D?

Last weekend after looking for any interesting alternative for Fusion 360 on iPad I found this program. Really impressed about they UX - I wish Fusion had such nice workflow.

Next question what appeared in my had was: can I use Slic3r on iPad (beside remote desktop)? Any answers?

Have nice day
Mateusz

Posted : 28/01/2019 5:57 pm
Grandpa Joe
(@grandpa-joe)
Eminent Member
Re: Shapr3D - ipad cad software

I have been using the Shapr3D program on my iPad Pro for several months. I really like using it. It requires the Apple Pencil. All works very well. I am a visual learner and have to draw things and then change and scale them to the dimensions that I want. Lots of trying and changing and scaling. But I have gotten to where I feel pretty good about it.

Currently, I am using pictures of objects and logos for universities, sports teams, etc. I import the pic into the program and am able to trace the details and then extrude the parts and make a 3 D representation of the logo.

I design my project with Shapr3D, then save it as a .stl file. Then I slice it with the Slic3R program. The Prusa Control Program is then used to to code in the layer stops so I can change filament colors to print the project. I wish the MMU2 upgrade equipment was operational enough to ship. I ordered and paid for it in September, but it has not ever shipped due to problems with the design.

You can see a few of my latest creations at Www.grandpajoespuzzles.com Look a the 3D Projects menu item.

Posted : 02/02/2019 4:02 am
Grandpa Joe
(@grandpa-joe)
Eminent Member
Re: Shapr3D - ipad cad software

I am using Shapr and sometimes the dimensions do not transfer well into the SlicR or Prusa Control programs. It is usually a cm to mm problem.

Posted : 14/02/2019 8:50 pm
Share: