Notifications
Clear all

PRUSA - URGENT! Wordfence is making this site UNUSABLE  

RSS
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
PRUSA - URGENT! Wordfence is making this site UNUSABLE

I just spent 30 minutes composing a detailed response to a user, only to encounter the Wordfence unsafe content screen when trying to post. This has happened several times when I try to use the CODE markup (the "<>" button). After removing the code markup, I am still unable to post. I have lost a lot of time due to these problems.

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!

I know your team is overloaded and these are difficult times, but I'm not willing to spend hours here trying to help people out if my efforts are literally going to be thrown away.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 09/01/2021 7:55 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: PRUSA - URGENT! Wordfence is making this site UNUSABLE

I noticed that with some links that were long especially YouTube.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 09/01/2021 8:30 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @bobstro

I just spent 30 minutes composing a detailed response to a user, only to encounter the Wordfence unsafe content screen when trying to post. This has happened several times when I try to use the CODE markup (the "<>" button). After removing the code markup, I am still unable to post. I have lost a lot of time due to these problems.

YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!

I know your team is overloaded and these are difficult times, but I'm not willing to spend hours here trying to help people out if my efforts are literally going to be thrown away.

Your words in Prusa's ear. I have received silence in inquiries in this regard.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 09/01/2021 11:07 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @cwbullet

I noticed that with some links that were long especially YouTube.  

Mine have had no links. All text, with some use of the formatting options. Once it goes bad, even plain text can't be posted. I have to copy everything to a text editor.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 09/01/2021 11:38 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

Since this has happened to me a few times, I have made it a habit to save the entire content before sending it. It is very annoying when you have to rewrite everything again. If necessary, I have also already linked a text- or word file, because my text contained partout could not be posted. The wordpress security plugin does not seem to like me. I don't think I've ever disregarded the forum's netiquette.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 10/01/2021 12:24 am
Swiss_Cheese
(@swiss_cheese)
Noble Member

I've had this happen several times as well, I do the same as Karl, I save to a text file, I still have several I never posted. It's infuriating when it happens.

Another problem I've been having is all my e-mail notifications are now linking me to the main forums page https://forum.prusa3d.com/cs/

and I have English selected in every area you can select it, as well it's not even taking me to the linked post in České fórum, it dumps me on the main page only, making it very difficult to respond. these aren't things I should have to deal with as a user trying to participate in and add to the community.  I'm not even gonna mention the horrible implementation of the search features.

I've actually been looking for another forum to participate in because of it. not reddit.

The Filament Whisperer

Posted : 11/01/2021 3:53 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@swiss_cheese

The problem(s) are known, forwarded to Prusa several times and have also been mentioned here: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/english-forum-general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/test-2/

Posted : 11/01/2021 4:43 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Hi Guys, Links should now be present on New notifications, 

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 11/01/2021 4:54 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

I always copy the message to the buffer (STRG+C) before posting reply. You never know what will happen after you hit "reply" button. I got used to do this in any forum. In case something goes wrong, you can always get it back with STRG+V

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 11/01/2021 10:37 pm
mjlewis37 liked
bapski
(@bapski)
Estimable Member

what the .. 

i was just sending a pm..

MY MODELS AT PRINTABLES
Posted : 11/01/2021 10:37 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@bapski

Odd, odd, odd.  Why PMs?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 11/01/2021 11:13 pm
PrusaPrinters profile
(@prusaprinters-profile)
Estimable Member

🙄 Wordpress...

Posted : 15/01/2021 9:13 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@prusaprinters-profile

WordPress stinks.  I am slowly switching all of my forum based website to Xenforo with the resource manager.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/01/2021 9:24 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@cwbullet

Not a Decision that I can make.... 

🙁

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 15/01/2021 9:55 pm
mjlewis37 liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@joantabb

Understood.  I am a mod / admin on another forum.  It took me months to convince them to move away from Vbulletin.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/01/2021 9:58 pm
Extra Fox
(@extra-fox)
Estimable Member

I actually had this very thing happen to me just today, lost my response as well.

I use a VPN to connect to the outside world though and when I disabled it, the error went away. At this point I can only say these events are correlated though, whether that was the fix, I can't say.

Aaron

Posted : 15/01/2021 10:19 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@extra-fox

Vpn can mess with a bunch of apps.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 16/01/2021 12:00 am
MartyS
(@martys)
Trusted Member

I just ran into this Wordfence thing...  Using the "insert media" button to embed a youtube video caused the post to go into the null buffer...  But posting a link to the video caused the automatic embedding to kick in and go through.  At least I hadn't typed a whole lot so not a lot to retype, but still fairly stupid to have the button trigger the darn thing but the same link dropped into the text was fine...

Posted : 17/01/2021 1:55 am
MSG56
(@msg56)
Eminent Member

I had this issue today and the only thing I attached was a jpg file.

Posted : 09/01/2024 7:29 pm
Share: