Clear all

Prusa Black Friday 2020 FAQ  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
PrusaPrinters profile
(@prusaprinters-profile)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Black Friday 2020 FAQ

They've retooled for the Mk3s+ and Mini+ and shipped a LOT of upgrades for free. I'm sure that took some juggling behind the scenes.

My Dad have a Company to so I know howsome thinks working. The reason why People get some stuff "for free" is not because the have such abig heart its simple because the maybe run out of there old Stock Products so the "must" send the old order with the new stuff.

Posted : 11/12/2020 7:13 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

The beginning of Nov is when I placed the order.  And yes I understand  Quality, Supply Chain, etc.  I look at it like when I buy a new car, I order it based on the features I want, what is availability, the timeline, price, cost-benefit, etc.  And I hold the seller to the same standards they expect to be paid.  Sales expect me to live up to my commitment on payment and I expect sales to live up to their commitment on delivery.  I do not expect the holiday sale 3 weeks later to have an impact on the commitment of the order we agreed on when I provided payment.  I could make a lot of excuses on why and think of hypotheticals etc and defend the shortcomings however this would make me an enabler and will allow Prusa in the future to violate my trust again.  You learn this when you have kids...lol.  Again this is business, not joes backyard in the garage business,  I am sure Prusa has a very good revenue stream and could have prevented these growing pains.  

Posted : 11/12/2020 7:20 pm
bapski
(@bapski)
Estimable Member

So, these are the inconsistent email replies i got from Prusa.

so tell me where Integrity and professionalism is.

MY MODELS AT PRINTABLES
Posted : 12/12/2020 3:33 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @bapski

So, these are the inconsistent email replies i got from Prusa.

so tell me where Integrity and professionalism is.

You're right. There is none. The fact that they are encountering shipping delays is inexcusable. I suggest you cancel your order and delete your account here immediately.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 12/12/2020 9:16 pm
Calire and IPIND 3D liked
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

Pass-Aggressive,  the points are valid and customers should not be treated this way.  And I am sure if it is something you wanted and disagreed with you would be doing the same.  Yes, we have a right to point out what is wrong and if it isn't corrected we can post, cancel orders, and tell everyone we want. At least in America, it is called freedom.

Posted : 12/12/2020 11:08 pm
bapski
(@bapski)
Estimable Member

@bobstro

and spoil the fun? No way..

MY MODELS AT PRINTABLES
Posted : 12/12/2020 11:24 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bapski

LMAO.....:)

Posted : 12/12/2020 11:27 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @chris-c-2

[...] Pass-Aggressive,  the points are valid and customers should not be treated this way.  And I am sure if it is something you wanted and disagreed with you would be doing the same.

Complaining about delays and poor communications is one thing. I, for one, am not going to be silent when people start slinging ad-hominem attacks against Prusa employees. 

Yes, we have a right to point out what is wrong and if it isn't corrected we can post, cancel orders, and tell everyone we want. At least in America, it is called freedom.

Exactly. It works both ways, of course. You have plenty of options. Start railing on against the very employees who are doing their damnedest to keep stock moving in these difficult times because you don't have your toy and I'm going to exercise my right to let you know your whining is not appreciated. This is a user-to-user support forum. It is not for venting against individuals.

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 13/12/2020 2:27 am
Calire and IPIND 3D liked
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

Interesting point,  where did I say anything about a Prusa employee or employees,  I think you are a little misguided and perhaps displacing some for anger in your life.  Hope you have a better day.

Posted : 13/12/2020 2:33 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

[...] Interesting point,  where did I say anything about a Prusa employee or employees, 

You didn't. The post I quoted specifically did. You just chimed in.

I Ihink you are a little misguided and perhaps displacing some for anger in your life.  Hope you have a better day.

Going off your entire post history, you seem to have little else constructive to do. I hope you have a good one as well. Ideally, elsewhere.

Posted : 13/12/2020 2:45 am
IPIND 3D liked
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

Apparently, you have a lot of time on your hand as well.  I did not realize you managed the Prusa employees and that you feel you have to defend them. LMAO>...have a good day.

Posted : 13/12/2020 3:01 am
bapski liked
Jan Bos
(@jan-bos)
Posted by: @jan-bos
Posted by: @jay-l

I've  contacted customer service about the planed shipping and the answer was: My Order (MK3S+ and 1KG of Orange PETG) will be shipped mid of december beause i placed the order on eraly 27.11.. Order confirmation cam @ 02:22 CET. So lets hope for the best.

Max

That sounds good. I got my confirmation at 01:40 CET and payment confirmation 4 minutes later. I ordered the MK3S+ Kit.

I just received the shipping confirmation on my order 🙂

Posted : 14/12/2020 1:44 pm
bapski
(@bapski)
Estimable Member

same here!

i checked my order status on their site and was not really expecting BUT i saw it said shipped 12/14!

i believe voicing our concerns may have helped. thank you for listening Prusa!

MY MODELS AT PRINTABLES
Posted : 14/12/2020 2:29 pm
PrusaPrinters profile
(@prusaprinters-profile)
Estimable Member

it said shipped 12/14!

That is impossible...

Posted : 14/12/2020 2:54 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

[...] i checked my order status on their site and was not really expecting BUT i saw it said shipped 12/14!

So you placed your order on November 27th and it shipped on December 4th, about 2 1/2 weeks later. Well within the Window highlighted in each of the 3 messages you received from Prusa. Sounds like they handled it exactly as they said they would.

You think your attempt to jump the queue and calling them unprofessional made the difference? It sounds like they shipped well within the window they described all along. 

Posted : 14/12/2020 5:56 pm
IPIND 3D liked
bapski
(@bapski)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @bobstro

[...] i checked my order status on their site and was not really expecting BUT i saw it said shipped 12/14!

So you placed your order on November 27th and it shipped on December 4th, about 2 1/2 weeks later. Well within the Window highlighted in each of the 3 messages you received from Prusa. Sounds like they handled it exactly as they said they would.

You think your attempt to jump the queue and calling them unprofessional made the difference? It sounds like they shipped well within the window they described all along. 

LAST email i got from them said 4 weeks prior to that they said it was being packed and ready to ship.  i just wanted to know which timeframe to expect as i may have to have somebody or me to be home to sign for it.

when prior to placing the order, it also said 1-2 weeks lead time when the order was paid, it now said BACKORDERED and now 314 weeks lead time... they could not make up their mind.

anyways, its shipped, ill wait for it and enjoy building it and go through your helpful website and learn. im moving on thanks.

MY MODELS AT PRINTABLES
Posted : 14/12/2020 6:11 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

Wow,  nice .....lucky you .....I am on my 6th Week on the MMU2, however, I ordered a Mosaic Pallet2S Pro on Friday and just received it.  Now that is a supply chain.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Chris C
Posted : 14/12/2020 6:37 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

Checked on my orders, and orders going back to November 6th are still on back-order... 😠 

Posted : 14/12/2020 6:45 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Wow,  nice .....lucky you .....I am on my 6th Week on the MMU2, however, I ordered a Mosaic Pallet2S Pro on Friday and just received it.  Now that is a supply chain.

I am sympathetic to the delays, just not when people (i.e. not you Chris) go after individuals. I thought you ordered during Black Friday but it sounds like you ordered well before. I ordered the original MMU back in early 2018. It was something like 4-6 months before it finally showed up, but Prusa had upgraded it to a MMU2 at no cost. Prusa's communications could be better as a company, but there a lot of things outside the control of any individual I've ever communicated with and I know they care.   

If nothing else, you've got an opportunity to try the Palette out and possibly cancel the MMU2 if it does what you need.

Posted : 14/12/2020 6:45 pm
Chris C
(@chris-c)
Eminent Member

@bobstro

Yes, you are right I guess I will have an opportunity to do an unboxing and comparison video if I am not able to cancel my MMU2 order.  And you are right communication and being fair to the customer is always a good thing.  Adding a personal touch and or any type of compensation helps with the disappoints and shortcomings. Basically owning it, in this case, communication, commitment, supply chain changes, product updates, and empathy to customers this time of the year.  Perhaps there is more to the business issues that we are not aware of.   Oh one more thing that I was not aware of,  is all the issues that are plaguing the MMU2.  I thought that this was a pretty stable product.....the internet has been wrong before.....lol

This post was modified 3 years ago by Chris C
Posted : 14/12/2020 7:51 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: