Page 24 / 28
  RSS
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
RE: MK4 Wishlist

@sarahaadkins

Good Morning Sarah, 

Jo Prusa doesn't look in on the forum very often, in the mean time can we help? 
Could you please let us know, 
which version of the printer are you using? 
what are you trying to print? 
Are you using an SD card to transfer the information to your printer? 
and what is happening that is giving you problems? 
Pictures would be good... 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/04/2020 1:06 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @sarahaadkins

@josefprusa

I would like to be able to make a post so I can request help. I've nearly had my printer a whole year and it can't complete prints. I have spent a lot of time and money and contacted help but I can't get it to work. I can't even post anything in the forums so I can't ask for help and it would be nice to be able to ask for feedback.

The forum doesn't allow certain functions to new users to prevent bots from invading the galaxy.  It can happen!  Once you've posted a few times and engaged with the community a bit, your restrictions will be lifted very quickly.  There a lot of very experienced members here (not me) and many are eager to help.  I'd be very frustrated if I couldn't complete a print, but a little more patience will pay off.

Posted : 30/04/2020 4:32 pm
Spinnetti
(@spinnetti)
Trusted Member

MKIIIS has been great, but I really need more Z axis. x and y are as big as I could ever need, but more z would be nice.

Also, not a hardware thing, but 3d tool paths would be a huge step forward.. https://tams.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/publications/2018/MSc_Daniel_Ahlers.pdf

Posted : 03/05/2020 7:00 pm
timo.m
(@timo-m)
Estimable Member

@david-s107

If you like the Prusa otherwise but just need more Z-height, have you looked into the zaribo upgrades for the mk3? They increase the build height up to 420mm. The kits seem to have a good reputation and you don't need to buy a whole new printer.

Posted : 04/05/2020 8:52 am
Spinnetti
(@spinnetti)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @timo-m

@david-s107

If you like the Prusa otherwise but just need more Z-height, have you looked into the zaribo upgrades for the mk3? They increase the build height up to 420mm. The kits seem to have a good reputation and you don't need to buy a whole new printer.

I haven't seen it, will look it up - thanks.

Posted : 04/05/2020 1:16 pm
Laura F Farrell
(@laura-f-farrell)
Trusted Member

A dual extruer option would be nice. Something simpler than the MMU which builds in the functionality.

Posted : 04/05/2020 2:14 pm
stoofer
(@stoofer)
Estimable Member

The filament sensor should not need to be re-calibrated when changing the extruder tension/performing maintenance/cleaning out the filament path/lubricating gears/etc. It's a bad design to link the two and an unneeded headache leading to many of the MMU failures. It's worse now than the initial MK3 design (notwithstanding the original sensors catastrophically failing and melting extruders).

It also results in needing to fully remove the "door" for any access, meaning getting to the back of the printer is a requirement for routine maintenance.

The filament sensor / extruder should be redesigned for any MK4.

Posted : 07/05/2020 12:29 pm
Steam Labs
(@steam-labs)

At least 300x300x300
Corexy or similar
Stiff x axis with lightweight hotend
32 bit board with silent drivers
Possibly IDEX
Print from USB
Print over wifi
Ability to slice stl files on the machine (limit options)

Posted : 08/05/2020 2:33 am
Chris Crowley
(@chris-crowley)

Larger bed. 

Posted : 09/05/2020 2:08 pm
JoeinCal
(@joeincal)

While BBQ'ing the other night I thought of a feature that would provide touch screen support without adding to unit cost much.  Look at the Fireboard temperature monitoring product.  It's an IOT product.  Add WIFI to the next generation and provide internet capability.  You can leave the old knob setup but provide a phone app that does the same thing.  This leverages the smart phone most folks have already.  You can also add telemetry data on the printing progress.  

Posted : 18/05/2020 2:37 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @joerepac

While BBQ'ing the other night I thought of a feature that would provide touch screen support without adding to unit cost much.  Look at the Fireboard temperature monitoring product.  It's an IOT product.  Add WIFI to the next generation and provide internet capability.  You can leave the old knob setup but provide a phone app that does the same thing.  This leverages the smart phone most folks have already.  You can also add telemetry data on the printing progress.  

This is pretty much what Octoprint gives you today. Now that I own a printer with a fancy color touch screen (Artillery Sidewinder), I've ordered a $45 kit to give me the knob and LCD panel on it, along with a functional filament sensor. Touch screens are miserable.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 18/05/2020 4:21 am
JoeinCal
(@joeincal)
Posted by: @bobstro
Posted by: @joerepac

This is pretty much what Octoprint gives you today. Now that I own a printer with a fancy color touch screen (Artillery Sidewinder), I've ordered a $45 kit to give me the knob and LCD panel on it, along with a functional filament sensor. Touch screens are miserable.

My thoughts are if the next generation is a new main board with a 32 bit ARM processor and WIFI built-in, IOT approach is a natural evolutionary path.  It would kill the whole whether or not to have touch screen in the next generation issue.    

Posted : 18/05/2020 5:02 am
james.h11
(@james-h11)
  • Slightly larger print area
  • Definitely keep the control buttons - not fussed about touchscreen
  • Spaghetti detector! - could this be done with a Pi and image analysis??
  • I printed parts to create by own enclosure but would like the option for longer cables to mount PSU / controller on outside of enclosure
  • Ambient temperature sensor with logging / access to data to debug print issues

Posted : 20/05/2020 9:04 pm
Xayoz
(@xayoz)
Eminent Member

I'm good with touchscreen if it's properly done ( I like it on my Sidewinder X1), but have no issues with the knob (it works fine on my MK3S and my Ender 3 Pro), so either way, or possibly both (touchscreen but can navigate it with the knob as well).

Would love to see 32 bit board

My biggest ask would be to see the slicer updated to include tree supports

Posted : 21/05/2020 6:13 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@xayoz

Not so big on the ender.  I love my Anycubic Chiron and Predator.  They both have touch screens.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 21/05/2020 6:32 pm
Max Distortion
(@max-distortion)
Honorable Member

2 extruders!

Posted : 22/05/2020 6:39 pm
Flo
 Flo
(@flo-6)

Most things that I would like to see would require a new controller board.

• Proper networking support would be the top of my list. Without having to use octoprint that is.
  • USB drive suppert would also be a comfort feature.
  • An offical LED illumination package would also be nice.
  • (linear rails are probably overkill, but I'll still throw them out there)
Posted : 23/05/2020 9:01 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Any news or rumors?  I suspect that they do nto want to release a new item till they catch up on the mini.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/05/2020 2:50 pm
3DALHEMIJA
(@3dalhemija)
Estimable Member

@charles-h13

Roughly as i understood from live stream:

MK4 is not going to be released any soon, so probably in Q1 - 2021.

XL is "done", but they are finetuning it for Q4 - 2020, because of COVID overload.

Posted : 23/05/2020 6:04 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@hamza-b

I hope you are right.  I will purchase early on both if that is true.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/05/2020 6:45 pm
Page 24 / 28
Share: