Clear all

[Solved] MK4 Wishlist  

Page 23 / 28
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: MK4 Wishlist
Posted by: @lichtjaeger

Maybe we shouldn't think about an i3 MK4 but more about a coreXY MK1?

I concur.  I replaced my cables with quick connectors to disconnect the PSU quickly.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 02/10/2019 4:12 pm
KevinK
(@kevink)
Trusted Member

@charles-h13

Been thinking about doing that on my printers - what did you use for the connectors?

Posted : 02/10/2019 4:26 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

XT30 and 60s

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 02/10/2019 5:32 pm
Jeffrey
(@jeffrey)

Piezoelectric bed levelling, I use precision piezo units on my other printers, (1 with a set of three under the bed, and the other with it built into the hot end clamp). It is vastly better than the pinda sensor, and as the nozzle tip is the trigger, it is always at the right height for the nozzle. Also it is sensitive enough to not damage the bed when the nozzle touches.

Posted : 25/04/2020 5:11 pm
think42
(@think42)

I’d prefer to do away with a screen all together and have a good app for my iPhone. 

Posted : 27/04/2020 6:29 pm
GregB liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@kevin-k49

I used XT-60 connectors.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/04/2020 6:32 pm
GregB
(@gregb)
Trusted Member

@think42

Right. Why not a mobile app?

Posted : 27/04/2020 10:14 pm
gnat
 gnat
(@gnat)
Noble Member

No to a mobile app. No to built in networking for that matter.

Certainly improve the interface for a Pi (or anything else) to be able to have full access and control. Probably also an option for a bigger PSU to better support a Pi and peripherals.

I want my printer to be "stupid", easy to use (e.g. just a couple of twists and presses to start a print), and not a potential security risk.

MMU tips and troubleshooting
Posted : 27/04/2020 10:45 pm
Sembazuru liked
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

@gnat

I would definitely want built-in networking.  For those people that don't want it, don't set it up.  I wouldn't want it to be required, it would have to operate just fine as a stand-alone stupid printer.   I don't want to have to learn Linux and Octoprint/Pi language.  That's very intimidating when all I want to do is send the printer a file, just like I do for every single other traditional printer in my life.  My laser printer is networked and it hasn't destroyed the world or become an agent for the dark side.  I'm sure we can figure out an easy way to connect my stock printer to my computer in 2020.  Then the not-so-stupid thing could text me when it glitches or needs a water-break.

A nicer/newer GUI would be appreciated!

How about some lighting off the Z pillars?  Two leds from the sides would add some needed light.  It would be nice if they were programmable but not absolutely necessary.

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:36 pm
Yveske
(@yveske)
Estimable Member

Haven't read all comments because changing pages is too sluggish, but here is my wishlist:
- Mini (200x200x200), normal (300x300x300) and XL (400x400x400 or 500x500x500) versions
- More reliable select button which doesn't move up/down after clicking selecting the wrong item
- Optional fail proof MMU with bucket system to do away with the purge tower (less filament + more real estate)
- Move some printer settings to filament settings (eg. temperature,...) to allow for better mixing of different material types using MMU
- Better diagnostics for MK4 and MMU (no more flashing bed knobs and cryptic messages), maybe allow a pc to take full control
- Better filament paths and tensioning in both extruder and MMU to prevent NinjaFlex from wrapping around axles
- A bit more SciFi: Piezoelectric head with multiple nozzles like an inkjet printer (+ multicolor ?) to speed up filling large surfaces

Yveske

Having problems with bed adhesion every morning...

Posted : 28/04/2020 7:58 am
Yveske
(@yveske)
Estimable Member

How about this but with stackable 3D ink

Yveske

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:16 pm
stoofer
(@stoofer)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @yveske

- Move some printer settings to filament settings (eg. temperature,...) to allow for better mixing of different material types using MMU

Temperatures are in Filament Settings

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:30 pm
Yveske
(@yveske)
Estimable Member

@stuart-b4

Ok you've got me there, should have verified that one... but infill and speed settings could be valuable

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:49 pm
Lichtjaeger
(@lichtjaeger)
Noble Member
Posted by: @yveske

@stuart-b4

Ok you've got me there, should have verified that one... but infill and speed settings could be valuable

What are you talking about? You can define infill per part and there is a speed limit value in the filament settings.

That's all slicing and has nothing to do with new hardware.

Posted : 28/04/2020 1:08 pm
Yveske
(@yveske)
Estimable Member

I know you can add modifiers but try doing it for something like this and not forget a setting

Posted : 28/04/2020 1:46 pm
alexw
(@alexw)
Trusted Member

@yveske

That’s exactly how PolyJet Fusion works - I’m surprised that product doesn’t infringe Stratasys patents. 

Posted : 28/04/2020 2:28 pm
MileHigh3Der
(@milehigh3der)
Honorable Member

-has to have removable plug-n-play extruder/hot-ends.  I’ll switch to someone else like Lulz if not.

-the MMU2 is a toy and distraction, but potentially a game changer.  I think Prusa should have to make parts for the n3xt printer that require multi materials or support so that they’ll get it to work robustly.   It is very telling that Prusa does not have any parts on the printer that require an MMU.

-larger print bed if only in one direction.  300x600, or even 250x500

-modular addon that would detect bad prints.  2 cameras and some AI should be able to do it.

-yes to a better rotary controller

-better screen, the Mini’s would be fine.  More info on mmu jams.

-better hot end clearance for that top layer forming/contouring function.

Posted : 28/04/2020 4:40 pm
3DALHEMIJA
(@3dalhemija)
Estimable Member

After my recent huge plastic chunk on my hotend, i would really like to see included heatblock silicone sock... i mean its cheap as hell, and can skip bad experience for new users

EDIT: i don't even see it as optional addon / accessory in store...

This post was modified 4 years ago by 3DALHEMIJA
Posted : 28/04/2020 9:29 pm
Sarah
(@sarah)

@josefprusa

I would like to be able to make a post so I can request help. I've nearly had my printer a whole year and it can't complete prints. I have spent a lot of time and money and contacted help but I can't get it to work. I can't even post anything in the forums so I can't ask for help and it would be nice to be able to ask for feedback.

Posted : 29/04/2020 12:16 am
erik.cnd
(@erik-cnd)

Considering that I haven't even got the MK3 I ordered last week (dang virus and prusa popularity) I guess you could take my suggestions with a big ole' grain of salt, what my wishlist would be:

32bit controller (possibly running at native higher microstepping?)  
No touchscreen 
Networking but keep standalone printing (even if its a preconfigured pi image and good instructions for a roll your own solution)
Wider GT belt for Y
I would leave any other suggestions to people more experienced than I, which isn't much, but what about rails or vslot only if it increases constrainment.
Sorry if I rehashed or don't have my facts down, I am noob.
I only have 2 other printers and the reason I am pulling the trigger on a MK3 is to have a workhorse printer to allow me to just print and  turn the other 2 into experimental platforms. It's hard for me to play with my printer and print with it too :). 

Posted : 29/04/2020 3:16 am
Page 23 / 28
Share: