Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] MK4 Wishlist  

Page 10 / 28
  RSS
Area51
(@area51)
Re: MK3S / MK4 Wishlist

-* something other than the rubber feet that dont stay on if moving unit more than 3mm

I had this problem too and made a simple solution to keep the feet in place: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2765399

One wish of the list...

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 08/11/2018 1:34 am
Mirar
(@mirar)
Estimable Member

My list of things I thought of so far...

1) better menu/display, better MCU that allows for upload of files over the network (octoprint is nice, but it's not awesome for things like resuming prints after power failure and uploading via octoprint over 115200 bps is SLOOW). With a better MCU, could emulate "serial port" in the MCU and allow 10Mbps or faster.

2) possibility for dual X axis with one extruder each (and then, dual MMU2.0)

3) automatic measuring of filament size (ie, caliper sensor, could be same sensor as filament trigger sensor)

4) MMU2.0 selfcalibration using the filament sensor

5) extruder feed failure detection (ie, extruder motor can't feed the filament should stop the printer)

Posted : 09/11/2018 11:32 pm
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member

Sensor on the bondtech gears, so if it skips filament because of blockage, it stops and does not push it to the left or right side outside and keeps printing.

Or sensor left and right of extruder, if filament comes out of the side, because of blockage, if this is possible.

Posted : 10/11/2018 12:55 pm
Migamix
(@migamix)
Trusted Member

-* something other than the rubber feet that dont stay on if moving unit more than 3mm

I had this problem too and made a simple solution to keep the feet in place: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2765399

One wish of the list...

i have actually gone to this in PETG, https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2773885
i plan on making a version like this but uses the rubber feet also

and we’ll be saying a big hello to all intelligent life forms everywhere … and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys.

Posted : 11/11/2018 12:19 am
Mirar
(@mirar)
Estimable Member

Sensor on the bondtech gears, so if it skips filament...

My idea would combine the filament width sensor with the bondtech gear, so that you can both measure the width and if the bondtech gear are slipping ("click!"). It should be doable with a simple calibrated potentiometer for the distance (angle?) -> A/D converter. Probably not too hard to get a resolution near 0.001mm.

Say a slide potentiometer with the "base" fixed to one axis and the "handle" fixed to the other axis of the bondtech.

Posted : 11/11/2018 6:40 pm
wayne.s6
(@wayne-s6)
Re: linear encoder: MK3S / MK4 Wishlist

(if you add a more powerfull mcu)
you could add a linear encoder to avoid shifting at least on the X axis with the sensor on the x carriage, it's almost always because of the x carriage that we have layer shift.
That would make a closed loop control and that would prevent or recover/save(or even stop) the end of the print when a layer has shifted
and that could be very useful (and it's not very expensive and not so hard to do 🙂 )
(speaking from experience, i have often shifted layers when i use 0.10 or 0.05mm layer height)
ps: and still using stepper motor

Add a +1 for this.
I just did a 30+ hour print and I had about a 8mm shift in the last few hours. Now I will have to saw the piece in half and glue it together.
A absolute optical encoder strip, like that used on wide carriage printers would be fairly cheap and could be used on X & Y axis movement.
Another cheap way out would be to have a center of axis travel sensor that would at least allow for a axis reset if it did not trigger when it was suppose to.

Posted : 16/11/2018 7:35 am
B
 B
(@b-6)

Better fine tuning for the bed leveling would be nice. Some way to dial in the bed such as with the nylon lock nuts. Also, build layer pauses into the slicing software so the web based program doesn't need to be used. Oh! And change the method for tightnening the belts so the belt doesn't have to be removed and reset. A longer screw for almost endless stretch would be nice.

Posted : 21/11/2018 6:24 pm
juanjo.c
(@juanjo-c)

Hi guys,
thank you for this great initiative and feedback, we are listening 😉

Team Prusa

Hello Jakub!

I'm going to ask you a question that you're probably not going to answer, how is the new Prusa of great size, is there much left to get out of the oven? I really need one of these, there are other options like the new CR-10s pro but never like the ingenuity of Prusa. We will have to wait many months? I enter every day to your twitter waiting for a new tweet "New Prusa ....", I'm thinking of making a script that warns me to be the first hahaha.

Thank you!

Posted : 15/12/2018 11:26 am
CC3DPRINTING
(@cc3dprinting)

Make a big printer 500x500x500.

Mk3 just bigger and nozzle would start at .6. That would be a dream come true.

Yes its a wish

Posted : 15/12/2018 10:42 pm
gnat
 gnat
(@gnat)
Noble Member

This is my first printer and my first weekend with it, so take my thoughts with that in mind.

No touch screen. As has already be said, too small and too expensive. So far I'm happy with the display as is. It seems to have all the important information on it.

I'd really like a larger print area, but I will admit that my need/want for that is limited and I think the current size will probably cover 99% of what I'll likely ever print.

Faster printing (but with the quality). I used to laugh when I read about people people owning multiple printers, but after having it running almost non-stop all weekend and only having 8 Benchies to show for it I get it now. I'm dreading slicing up the project I bought the printer for as I want to do it with a .25mm nozzle at .05mm, it's going to take months 🙁

Somethings I'd like to see which are probably just firmware updates to the existing MK3:

Better/Customizable menu layout. It seems to me like some of the most common functions (preheating, moving the Z, and printing) aren't as readily accessible as I'd like.

Have a preview info screen between selecting the file to print and starting the print. I'd like to see the estimated run time and layer height at a minimum.

Ability to upload a new firmware from an SD card rather than having to connect my laptop. It's already awkward to get to the USB port on the printer due to it's location and it will be almost impossible once I get an enclosure for it.

MMU tips and troubleshooting
Posted : 17/12/2018 6:27 pm
Protoncek
(@protoncek)
Reputable Member

Faster printing (but with the quality).

You're kidding, right? MK3 is already among fastest printers around. Stacking layers of hot plastic one on another takes time. There's no mystic here.

Posted : 17/12/2018 7:49 pm
gnat
 gnat
(@gnat)
Noble Member

Faster printing (but with the quality).

You're kidding, right? MK3 is already among fastest printers around. Stacking layers of hot plastic one on another takes time. There's no mystic here.

It is a "wish" list right? 😉

MMU tips and troubleshooting
Posted : 17/12/2018 7:54 pm
Protoncek
(@protoncek)
Reputable Member

It is, true. But it's expected to write "normal" wishes, not impossible ones 😀

Posted : 17/12/2018 7:57 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Some people rub the lamp before they write something here. 😉 Hey, you never know, right?

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 17/12/2018 8:58 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Some people rub the lamp before they write something here. 😉 Hey, you never know, right?

One consideration is that, no matter how fast your printer, you still are printing filaments that have their own limitations on temperatures and speeds. The Mk3 can already print beyond the speeds recommended by most filament manufacturers. While the mechanics might be improved to do so with better quality, I think you're also asking for Prusament to start providing high-speed filaments. At the price of low-end PLA today. Off Amazon.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 17/12/2018 9:26 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

I think you're also asking for Prusament to start providing high-speed filaments. At the price of low-end PLA today. Off Amazon.

I will second that wish then. 🙂

Posted : 22/12/2018 7:20 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I am all for a touch screen but put it on a bigger printer.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 22/12/2018 3:05 pm
WZ9V
 WZ9V
(@wz9v)

I’d like to see a new controller with room to continue to grow the movement algorithms. They have done amazing work with the 2560 but it’s just running out of horsepower and memory space.

Posted : 02/01/2019 1:26 am
randolph.l
(@randolph-l)
Honorable Member

I would love to see Prusa move to the Duet 2 wifi to provide the horsepower and overhead going forward... the 2560 is nearing the end of the road in terms of available overhead.

Posted : 02/01/2019 5:12 am
WZ9V
 WZ9V
(@wz9v)

@randolph.l - The Duet would be one of my first picks but I didn't want to rule out other possibilities. The Duet is a nice setup and I prefer it's web interface to an OctoPrint setup especially since the Duet Team put a decent SD Card interface in there so file transfers are decent.

Posted : 02/01/2019 3:06 pm
Page 10 / 28
Share: