Clear all

Has anyone received any orders from late April  

Page 13 / 17
  RSS
zxlime
(@zxlime)
RE: Has anyone received any orders from late April

@joerepac

I'm happy you got your order to ship already. Honestly, I am annoyed that my order from the 9th has not ship before yours, but I wouldn't say I'm upset either -- that printer will essentially be a toy for me, so while i'm eager to receive it, its not like I have business revenues depending on it or anything. Out of curiosity, did you put any sort of pressure on Customer Service or you simply got lucky?

@cmx 

That's what I've been wondering too. Maybe those who got seemingly "lucky" might have put some pressure on Customer Service. Still, I doubt it -- i'd be more inclined to make annoying customers wait longer =P

At this rate, it looks like my order should ship towards the end of next week -- too bad though, as I happen to have a week off next week, so the timing would have been great for tinkering! I won't complain too hard, though. People have been dying from this pandemic; I think I'll survive waiting on a 3D Printer for one more week.

Posted : 18/06/2020 11:00 pm
zxlime
(@zxlime)

@joerepac

I'm happy you got your order to ship already. Honestly, I am annoyed that my order from the 9th has not ship before yours, but I wouldn't say I'm upset either -- that printer will essentially be a toy for me, so while i'm eager to receive it, its not like I have business revenues depending on it or anything. Out of curiosity, did you put any sort of pressure on Customer Service or you simply got lucky?

@cmx 

That's what I've been wondering too. Maybe those who got seemingly "lucky" might have put some pressure on Customer Service. Still, I doubt it -- i'd be more inclined to make annoying customers wait longer =P

At this rate, it looks like my order should ship towards the end of next week -- too bad though, as I happen to have a week off next week, so the timing would have been great for tinkering! I won't complain too hard, though. People have been dying from this pandemic; I think I'll survive waiting on a 3D Printer for one more week.

Posted : 18/06/2020 11:00 pm
JoeinCal
(@joeincal)

@85lime / @cmx

No pressure and likely luck.  I send customer customer service a message last week after passing week four requesting an update.  A CSR responded several days later advising likely the end of this week or next week.  I don't this influenced when my product shipped.  

Posted : 18/06/2020 11:35 pm
Kernel Sanders
(@kernel-sanders)
Posted by: @davwilso
Posted by: @morphias

They changed the import laws in Australia so that all items, regardless of value; attract GST and Duty. 🙁

I’m fully expecting a charge upon delivery in Canada for tax and duty but my fingers are crossed that I will be pleasantly surprised. 

So I got a text from DHL saying if I don’t pay duty and taxes of $158CAD my shipment will be held. So I promptly paid online with my credit card. That was yesterday. Today I’m watching the printer bounce around the country on its way here. Once it cleared customs in Canada the tracking says “shipment held - available upon receipt of payment” of course I flipped out, then once I calmed down I called FML ... I mean DHL and they told me there’s a glitch in the computer system that sent that message. I asked if the people who are handling my package know I’ve paid and are no longer holding it for payment but they didn’t really give me a straight answer other than “I’ve notified them” and also the person on the phone also said she added a note to the delivery driver that tax and duty are paid. No idea if that will even work because I don’t know if the driver knows who wrote that. For all they know it could have been me who wrote that in the delivery notes not a DHL rep. Just to add another layer of complexity, DHL doesn’t deliver in my city, it’s contracted out to Purolator. So who knows what will happen whenever that exchange goes down. Anyways the saga continues, I’ll keep you all updated on the latest since we all have nothing better to do then talk to each other about our late printer shipments lol

Posted : 19/06/2020 12:02 am
IPIND 3D
(@ipind-3d)
Estimable Member

Pretty furious ATM!  🤬 

It would appear Australian Boarder Force opened and went right through my kit.

They have put the contents back into the main box poorly, some of the bags of fasteners are missing including bag 1 for the frame.

The ESD bag for the mainboard has been hacked in half, so the board doesn't even fit in it and the board was half out of the bag and loose in the box.

I'm starting a chat with Prusa support now to get a list of fasteners that are missing in the hope I can source them locally before the close of business today.

Posted : 19/06/2020 4:51 am
JoeinCal
(@joeincal)

@morphias

I couldn't resist.  Did they open your Haribos?  😀 

Posted : 19/06/2020 6:44 am
el Guapo
(@el-guapo)

@joerepac

Stop, theres only so much one man can take!

Posted : 19/06/2020 9:15 am
IPIND 3D liked
Ingenier007
(@ingenier007-2)
Eminent Member

I almost had to laugh at this...

Posted : 19/06/2020 2:02 pm
Hessen
(@hessen)

Ordered mine the 18th of april. Still not sent. Getting the same replies from support. 8 weeks are exceeding any and all expectations.. But it seems I am not the only one. 

Posted : 19/06/2020 5:35 pm
a-dude16
(@a-dude16)

Did you order a kit or assembled?

Posted : 19/06/2020 7:27 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@dudepron

Yes, that can result in a delay.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 19/06/2020 7:42 pm
Hessen
(@hessen)

@dudepron

Mk3s Kit with mmu2s

Posted : 19/06/2020 7:49 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

@morphias that sucks!  I'd be like "THAT'S not a knife!"  We'd be having someone's nuts on the barby tonight.

Posted : 19/06/2020 8:08 pm
IPIND 3D liked
Lokigrac
(@lokigrac)

For what it is worth.  I ordered an assembled MK3s orange/black with the PEI sheet on April 22nd.  The present chart says 8 weeks and my 8 weeks were up last Wednesday.  The following is the chat transcript from today(June 19th):

Chat transcript

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E-mail: [email protected]

Order number: xxxxxxxxx

What is the chat regarding? Shipping inquiry - Only after you have checked in the table here: http://help.prusa3d.com/shippingtable

Printer model (or product): MK3/S

Printer type: Factory Assembled

Robby Sat, 06/20/20 01:24:17 am UTC

Hello. How may I help you?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01:24:44 am

I am inquiring about the status and possible ship date for my order

Robby 01:25:25 am

I will have a look, one moment please
I expect your printer to be shipped by the end of the coming week/ beginning of the week after. We will send you the tracking number by email as soon as your printer is prepared for shipment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01:27:36 am

OK. Thank you.

Robby 01:28:26 am

You're welcome, have a nice weekend and stay healthy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01:28:34 am

You too.
You archived the chat
01:29:00 am

Duration: 4m 49s

Chat started on: https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/order-history

E-mail from LiveChat

If it matters I am in Colorado in the USA.  If they ship next weekend or the beginning of the following week I will be in my 10th week.  Definitely not holding my breath on this estimate.

Posted : 20/06/2020 2:24 am
3DALHEMIJA
(@3dalhemija)
Estimable Member

April 16th here... shipped on July 4th and still waiting ....

Posted : 20/06/2020 6:40 pm
gjpc
 gjpc
(@gjpc)

Yes.  Ordered a MK3/S kit on April 15.  Then ordered 4 rolls of filament in a separate order.

Kit shipped on May 18 and arrived in San Francisco May 20. No customs bobbles.

The spools were ordered April 21 shipped on May 1 arrived May 6.

For contrast I ordered a Big Tree SKV 1.4 to replace my burnt up ZRIB on my Zonestar P802QR2 on May 2 AliExpress reports expect delivery in August.

Posted : 20/06/2020 7:12 pm
IPIND 3D
(@ipind-3d)
Estimable Member

Got the kit assembled and the quality of the prints is just amazing! 😀  I'll start my own thread on that in the MK3S forum.

After reading some of the comments in the online assembly guide, I quickly established there is no 'Bag 1' anymore! Funny, because support couldn't find a BOM for it, but said they were organizing to get a replacement bag sent to me ASAP.

After a heated phone call to Australian Border Force, I found they only record opening of a package if they find something illegal in it; so no accountability for lost or damaged items. 🤬 

Good luck to the rest of you eargerly (maddeningly 🤣 ) awaiting your printers. It's worth the wait!

Other than the obligatory Benchy as the first print, which came out almost flawlessly, extruder rotation indicator and the X Axis cable support (an absolute MUST print - https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/25129-mk3-x-motor-cable-protection-light-version ) I've been printing out functional parts for customers back-to-back with outstanding results.

Posted : 20/06/2020 10:35 pm
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member
Posted by: @morphias

Got the kit assembled and the quality of the prints is just amazing! 😀 

I was also very impressed with my first several prints.

As I think I said before, the print quality compares favorably to those done at the 'makerspace' on a Stratasys Uprint, which is said to cost in the 5-figure range.

Posted : 20/06/2020 11:25 pm
SteyrTMP
(@steyrtmp)

I finally received the "shipped" email.   Paid 05.06.20, shipped 06.22.20, just under 7 weeks. 

Posted : 22/06/2020 6:51 am
Ingenier007
(@ingenier007-2)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @steyrtmp

I finally received the "shipped" email.   Paid 05.06.20, shipped 06.22.20, just under 7 weeks. 

I have not received my shipping notice yet. I also ordered May 6th. This gives me some hope, not much, but some. 

Posted : 22/06/2020 6:55 am
Page 13 / 17
Share: