Clear all

Expo 2020 Dubai  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Expo 2020 Dubai

The Expo 2020 Dubai begins next week on October 1st.  Prusa Research will be there presenting during the Expo.  October 1st also happens to be a Friday.  Prusa Live should possibly have an episode this week right before the Expo.  Let's hope we see something...

Posted : 25/09/2021 4:06 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Hmm

Interesting to see if anything comes out.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/09/2021 11:10 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member
TCT Show (UK)

Prusa are also at the TCT show in the Uk this coming week.  I'm going on the Thursday.  Hoping there is news of MK4 or XL.

Posted : 26/09/2021 3:14 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Expectations

A reason I think something will happen is that Josef Prusa will be at the Dubai Expo.  He won't be at the TCT show according to the Prusa events page.  I'm not sure if there would be any product launches due to current supply constraints.  I can see them previewing the XL, with preorders opening up sometime afterward.  They haven't released the farm software which has been in development for a long time.  The team also hinted at a revamped website.  A lot is going to happen in the coming months.

Attachment removed
Posted : 26/09/2021 4:10 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member
Good point

Interesting.  That makes sense.  I have this thought that the new extrusion system E3D are talking about will be unveiled next week.  I have this thought it will feature in the Mk4, I could be completely wrong though!

Posted : 26/09/2021 4:22 pm
GuyH
 GuyH
(@guyh)
Reputable Member
Friday

JP on Twitter confirming he's going to Dubai and there will be an exciting announcement.  

Posted : 27/09/2021 1:49 pm
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Exciting Announcement

Now we wait and speculate.  Josef also tweeted that it's not the MK4 or the XL.  The MK4 was something the fans wanted, but Prusa was reluctant to talk about.  The XL is going to be interesting when it arrives.  CoreXY is a complex kit.  Prusa will do a better job with the assembly manual compared to what Voron has available.  They could be releasing the XL under another name. 

Personally, I wanted Prusa to develop a 3D scanning kit similar to OpenScan, which is integrated with PrusaSlicer.  With Prusa's consistent tweaks and firmware upgrades, it would be a useful product.  Most likely, the farm software will debut, and will work with the entire lineup (with some modifications).  

Posted : 27/09/2021 3:04 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: announcement

Posted by: @vincent-2

Now we wait and speculate.  Josef also tweeted that it's not the MK4 or the XL.  The MK4 was something the fans wanted, but Prusa was reluctant to talk about.  The XL is going to be interesting when it arrives.  CoreXY is a complex kit.  Prusa will do a better job with the assembly manual compared to what Voron has available.  They could be releasing the XL under another name. 

Personally, I wanted Prusa to develop a 3D scanning kit similar to OpenScan, which is integrated with PrusaSlicer.  With Prusa's consistent tweaks and firmware upgrades, it would be a useful product.  Most likely, the farm software will debut, and will work with the entire lineup (with some modifications).  

I hope you are right.  I want a Mk4 and XL, but I need the Farm software more.  

Any other predictions from the forum?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/09/2021 3:54 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Predictions? Why yes, I have predictions.
Posted by: @cwbullet

[...] Any other predictions from the forum?

My prediction:

• Before the event: "I know it will take a while before the product is ready, but can't they at least give us a hint?"
  • After the event: "It's been 2 weeks since they announced this new product is in development. Why the hell can't we preorder it now?"
  • Shortly thereafter: "They took my money and now I have to wait? What the hell kind of business is this? Just send me the product, it doesn't have to be perfect."
  • A week later: "How the hell can they ship a product that clearly isn't ready for release. They should hold all deliveries until everything is perfect. If I ran the company, that's what I'd do."
  • Later the same day: "Why do we have to wait for deliveries because of a small part? Why can't they just make 2 deliveries?"
  • A year later: "Now that everybody else has ripped off these ideas, why do I still have to pay so much?"

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 27/09/2021 4:20 pm
fuchsr, LeeM, StanHD and 5 people liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Summary

Great sum up.  Some of the repetitive requires on the forum for a refund are tiring.  

Posted by: @bobstro

[...] Any other predictions from the forum?

My prediction:

• Before the event: "I know it will take a while before the product is ready, but can't they at least give us a hint?"
  • After the event: "It's been 2 weeks since they announced this new product is in development. Why the hell can't we preorder it now?"
  • Shortly thereafter: "They took my money and now I have to wait? What the hell kind of business is this? Just send me the product, it doesn't have to be perfect."
  • A week later: "How the hell can they ship a product that clearly isn't ready for release. They should hold all deliveries until everything is perfect. If I ran the company, that's what I'd do."
  • Later the same day: "Why do we have to wait for deliveries because of a small part? Why can't they just make 2 deliveries?"
  • A year later: "Now that everybody else has ripped off these ideas, why do I still have to pay so much?"

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/09/2021 5:16 pm
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member
MK3S+ to MK4

I'd like to see a MK4 with slightly larger buildarea, something in the 275x275-ish area with the same display and buddy-board the Mini uses.

But; with all the features and direct-drive of the MK3.

A "full" and a "lite" printer teamup.

Prusa Mini+ kit (4.3.4). BondTech extruder.
Prusa MK3S+ kit.

Posted : 28/09/2021 5:56 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
MK4

We will see but would that not undermine the XL?  

Posted by: @mrstoned

I'd like to see a MK4 with slightly larger buildarea, something in the 275x275-ish area with the same display and buddy-board the Mini uses.

But; with all the features and direct-drive of the MK3.

A "full" and a "lite" printer teamup.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/09/2021 12:38 am
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member
Title
MK4

We will see but would that not undermine the XL?

Not nessecerily if the XL becomes a toolchanger.

Then i think the difference in price still would be significant for a MK4 to have its place.

Prusa Mini+ kit (4.3.4). BondTech extruder.
Prusa MK3S+ kit.

Posted : 29/09/2021 4:58 am
Vincent
(@vincent)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Alternate Theory

What if the XL and MK4 are the same product?  What if Prusa sells something that is completely modular, from scale to features?  E3D "slipped up" and mentioned MK4 on their twitter in regards to their Revo lineup.

Posted : 29/09/2021 2:39 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Introducing the Prusa Nano

Following the trend set by the Prusa Mini, the Nano will feature a 100x100x100 build area ...

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 29/09/2021 3:26 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Printer

Posted by: @bobstro

Following the trend set by the Prusa Mini, the Nano will feature a 100x100x100 build area ...

I do want a smaller printer - 100x100x100 would be perfect.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/09/2021 3:37 pm
ManelTo
(@manelto)
Estimable Member
RapidChange Revo

Perhaps A integration with the new nozzle from E3d?

Sorry for my poor English. I try to do my best.

Posted : 29/09/2021 4:09 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Revo

That is a fascinating design.  I hope it is integrated also.  I do not see a release date.  

Posted by: @manelto

Perhaps A integration with the new nozzle from E3d?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/09/2021 4:34 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Tiny printers are surprisingly fun to work with

I do want a smaller printer - 100x100x100 would be perfect.  

I picked up a Monoprice Cadet (aka Weedo Tina2) on impulse earlier this year. It's tiny, with a 100x100x100 build space. Not a lot can be tweaked on it, and there is essentially no part cooling and no heated bed. The "automatic bed leveling" died within a month and I have to adjust it at the start of most prints. Undersides are ugly, bridges are unusable. It's definitely a compromise. Surprisingly, it does produce decent prints within those limitations. The rigidity of the tiny frame helps. I really would like to get part cooling, a heated bed, and an E3D V6 with a 0.25mm nozzle mounted on this for small projects, but there's not a lot of space to work with.

Posted : 29/09/2021 5:50 pm
BogdanH
(@bogdanh)
Honorable Member

hmm.. that E3D Revo stuff looks very interesting... as it seems, upgrade days aren't over yet 😍 

[Mini+] [MK3S+BEAR]

Posted : 29/09/2021 6:58 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: