Notifications
Clear all

Emergency Stop: Error M112  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Emergency Stop: Error M112

Does anyone know what might be causing this?  

I print 1-3 layers and it stops and spits out this error.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/07/2020 12:23 pm
vintagepc
(@vintagepc)
RE: Emergency Stop: Error M112

That looks about inline for something like thermal runaway, which will put similar messages on the console. 

Posted : 17/07/2020 1:52 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I am disassembling right now to check the thermistor.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/07/2020 2:14 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13 are you running firmware v3.9 with Linear Advance? I noticed the "LA mode unknown" message. Is it possible you have some old M900 Kxx commands using LA1.0 values? The reason I ask is discussions like this that mention a reset when the newer firmware is unable to parse old LA1.0 values properly.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 17/07/2020 2:37 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Yes, 3.90.  Not sure about linear advance.  Is there a solution?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/07/2020 5:06 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13

After installing the FW 3.9.0 I would re-calibrate the LA for each filament and enter it in the slicer. Conversion from 1.0 to 1.5 is not optimal and can lead to incorrect results.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 17/07/2020 5:34 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I guess I don't understand this error.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/07/2020 8:07 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

I guess I don't understand this error.  

I can't say it's directly related, but the sequence of messages matches up with problems reported with the implementation of Linear Advance in firmware v3.9. The firmware supports both LA1.0 (M900 Kxx in the range 10-100ish) and LA1.5 (M900 Kxx in the range 0-2). If you have LA1.0 values in your filament startup gcode, or have tried having both, there can be conversion issues. I'm not sure that's the source of your M112 hard stop, but the sequence looks right. I'd try powering off, clearing any M900 Kxx gcode commands and trying again.

It might also be worth doing a factory reset and recalibrating the printer as there are big differences between firmware v3.8.1 and v3.9. Even prior to this update, I had occasional issues when upgrading firmware. Since resetting my LA values to 1.5 values, I've had much better results with v3.9 and have elected to continue using it.

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 17/07/2020 8:39 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

M900 is no a part of my startup code, but it is a part of my end G code.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/07/2020 9:04 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

M900 is no a part of my startup code, but it is a part of my end G code.  

Interesting. It may be a red herring, but that error log made mention of LA values. Are you certain there's nothing in a default Prusa filament profile? If not... perhaps try inserting a manual M900 K0 to make sure there's nothing left in memory. Any chance that error occurred after an aborted print in which your M900 end gcode didn't execute?

Or something else entirely. 🙂

Posted : 17/07/2020 9:11 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13

Maybe the same problem here: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-mk3-hardware-firmware-and-software-help/heatbed-mintemp-thermistor/

I suspect it is related to a defective thermistor or corrupted or bad contacts on the heating bed??

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 17/07/2020 9:44 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

Not sure.  I will try your suggestions again.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 18/07/2020 4:11 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

Solution: Factory reset.  It stopped happening

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/07/2020 9:16 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13

Many thanks for the very interesting feedback. It probably had something to do with the M900 function. So I would recommend a factory reset when updating to 3.9.0 to be on the safe side.

Posted : 20/07/2020 9:21 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@karl-herbert

I had 3.90 installed already.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/07/2020 10:36 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@charles-h13

This should only be a hint for those who want to update from 3.8.1 to 3.9.0. It seems that there might be some problems with the switch from LA1.0 to LA 1.5 after all.

Posted : 20/07/2020 11:32 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Solution: Factory reset.  It stopped happening

Looking at the commits to firmware 3.9 on the GitHub pages, I see one referencing M112. Looks like it's a known issue and will hopefully be resolved for the next release 

Posted : 21/07/2020 2:11 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

awesome

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 21/07/2020 2:21 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@bobstro

@charles-h13

so let's wait for good things for the 3.9.1 or later versions 👍 

Posted : 21/07/2020 3:53 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @karl-herbert

[...] so let's wait for good things for the 3.9.1 or later versions 👍 

No idea if it's the fix, but I've now seen a couple of threads indicating mysterious M112 errors since upgrading. I haven't had the issue myself, but I am re-doing all my Linear Advance settings. The GitHub notes mention an issue with Octoprint.

This resend request becomes very problematic once Octoprint is streaming gcode to the printer. The printer would signal Octoprint to resend line 1, but that is not possible anymore and M112 would be sent to the printer.

@charles-h13 are you using Octoprint?

Posted : 21/07/2020 6:14 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: