Notifications
Clear all

Dual Extruder Mod now on PrusaPrinters  

RSS
Hills54
(@hills54)
Dual Extruder Mod now on PrusaPrinters

I posted a pic of my mk3s dual extruder mod last week and wanted to let you know it is now available on PrusaPrinters.org for download. Find it here and let me know what you think! I'll be adding things like Duet configs early next week so keep an eye out. Happy printing!

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Hills54
Popeyes Survey
Posted : 21/11/2020 10:52 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Dual Extruder Mod now on PrusaPrinters

Neat design.  So you have to change controller boards?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 21/11/2020 4:27 pm
Jobe5368
(@jobe5368)

I saw you posted the picture a few days ago. Is you're x axis wider to compensate for the extra extruder or can you just not reach certain parts of the bed with one extruder? Also have you noticed any print quality loss with a heavy extruder.

Posted : 24/11/2020 6:37 am
mjlewis37
(@mjlewis37)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

Neat design.  So you have to change controller boards?  

From the page hills54 linked to:

It does require a different controller board (e.g. Duet2/3 Wifi/Ethernet) that is capable of driving 2 extruders.

Posted : 25/11/2020 4:20 am
Melody Gilpin
(@melody-gilpin)

QIDI TECH X-Pro is my third 3D printer but the first where I didn't feel the short comings were so bad I needed to start modifying things. My other printers are heavily customized and using Marlin via dedicated OctoPi on RPi's. The firmware on this isn't perfect but that could be a result of me being spoiled by Marlin & OctoPi. This unit really has changed my view on printing things, my other units usually work fine but I’d have to check in on them remotely via OctoPi to make sure they didn’t just totally screwup making a giant rats nest or hairball. This printer has just lowered my printer anxiety a bunch since it just works and makes quality prints with little fuss. Just remember this and EVERY 3D printer need maintenance, after 5 months I needed to replace both heads (extras included in the box) and I replaced the magnetic PEI sheet at the same time even though it didn’t seem like it really needed it.

Posted : 21/01/2023 4:09 pm
Melody Gilpin
(@melody-gilpin)

Take a look at these dual extruder printer which seems preety well to me. Hope will be helpful for you.

Posted : 28/01/2023 3:36 pm
mbiasotti
(@mbiasotti)

Has anyone with an Mk3 dual extruder tried using it with water-soluble filament to print supports? Actually, now that I think of it, does Prusa Slicer even support this capablity?  Would be interested in feedback on both?

thanks

Mark

Posted : 26/03/2024 4:56 pm
Share: