Casing Around heat Sink seems to be solid half way around and two pieces the rest of the way

Notifications
Clear all

Casing Around heat Sink seems to be solid half way around and two pieces the rest of the way  

RSS
ecowaveteam
(@ecowaveteam)
Eminent Member

That makes it impossible to separate so I can install heat sink in correct way so that tip of white tube rests in correct position wrt gears.

Does this housing for the heat sink separate all the way to the top where little circuit board is?

How to disassemble"?

Posted : 14/04/2020 10:26 pm
Dave J
(@dave-j)
Trusted Member
RE: Casing Around heat Sink seems to be solid half way around and two pieces the rest of the way

Look here at Service_manuals. You want the one to replace the PTFE tube on MK3S.

Cheers,Dave Jackson"Enthralled Nooby (not so much maybe, ~58 years old)... If 3d printers had been around 40 years ago... "

Posted : 14/04/2020 10:54 pm
ecowaveteam
(@ecowaveteam)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Casing Around heat Sink seems to be solid half way around and two pieces the rest of the way

@david-j21

Thanks. I tried it like the pictures show.  I saw video where person did not do that. The casing was disassembled and he dropped it in to bosses that capture it in such a way you would not think you could pull out or push in because of the bosses.  
The tube should show up by the gears and I doubt shoving it up the casing would get in snapped in correctly.
Is there a way to take the casing apart so I can just drop it in? Has anyone done this?

Thx

Posted : 15/04/2020 4:53 am
Dave J
(@dave-j)
Trusted Member

In a word, no. You cannot get the PTFE tube past the gears and the ball bearing cover, there is not enough space.

Follow the instructions in the service manual, it should take less than one hour, with practice less than 30 minutes.

Cheers,Dave Jackson"Enthralled Nooby (not so much maybe, ~58 years old)... If 3d printers had been around 40 years ago... "

Posted : 15/04/2020 7:01 am
ecowaveteam
(@ecowaveteam)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@david-j21

I did not say have it go past gears. I meant it should just barely pop through the hole at the level of the bottom of the gears as seen through the flip door by gears.

How do you know if you are successful in shoving into place? You are just guessing. There is no clicking to assure one it is in correct position. And we both agree if tube cannot be seen through flip door, filament will have no path to nozzle and we will have worse clog. The instructions are not good for this aspect of reinserting.

A video shows a guy dropping the sink into exact position where it is held in place by material. The casing is not flexible so it is so hard to believe you can shove the metal past hard material what hold it in place.

So my question how doni open the casing up so I can just drop it onto place and replace casing half. Then you can see exactly where tube end terminates perfect fly at bottom of gear system...just barely peeking through the opening.

Posted : 15/04/2020 10:08 am
Jerry
(@jerry)
Estimable Member

Use the manuals to identify how to disasymbl.use manuals and reassemble. It all comes apart.

Posted : 15/04/2020 7:51 pm
pcweber
(@pcweber)

@squarkman60

Hey man,

If one were to follow the manual the information therein would suffice to answer your questions. That said if you want to verify that the PTFE tube is in place just check the filament end following a cold pull. The filament end should look like a cylinder without any nubs on the sides. If there are nubs or sections wider than the nozzle impression, then either the PTFE is not in place or the nozzle is not properly tightened in the hot end.

Good luck and stay safe,

Phil

Stay safe and healthy, Phil

Posted : 17/04/2020 4:21 pm
ecowaveteam
(@ecowaveteam)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@jerry-s3

I'd like to but they are so poorly photographed and written. I cant follow it.

Posted : 17/04/2020 10:30 pm
ecowaveteam
(@ecowaveteam)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@pcweber

Thanks but I cannot understand the document at all.

Posted : 17/04/2020 10:31 pm
pcweber
(@pcweber)

There's great information on this link :

https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Guide/V6+Assembly/6

There is no collet ring with the prusa but the rest is the same, this is the instruction I used and combined it with the Prusa PTFE preparation. I'm using Sagittarius PTFE tubing as opposed to the white stuff. I think it works better. It's a lot slippier. 

Good luck and be safe, 

Phil 

Stay safe and healthy, Phil

Posted : 18/04/2020 12:01 am
Share: