Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday 2019 ?  

Page 4 / 5
  RSS
Dingo_aus
(@dingo_aus)
RE: Black Friday 2019 ?

My order which was placed early (Prague time) on 30/11 shipped yesterday.

Note sure if it is useful but my order number ended in 8415.

DHL are being Uber efficient as always. It is already across EU and on-track to be delivered to Australia in 4 days.

...I doubt DHL will drop the ball for something as predictable as Christmas.

Posted : 10/12/2019 11:56 am
Paul
 Paul
(@paul-17)
Posted by: @marcins
Posted by: @drew-piazza00

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I did get in touch with CS. With me placing the order early on the 30th of November, my printer is "scheduled" to ship on the 13th of December... So as long as they stay on pace, just under 2 weeks, and hopefully I'll get it in less than a week after that, but I'm unsure due to getting that much closer to Christmas I'm sure DHL is getting their @$$ handed to em. I don't mind the wait, I was just concerned that something had happened to my order, but feel so much better than I know it isn't lost or stuck in some rando server somewhere between here and the other side of the Earth. So we'll see 😊 

I don't want to hassle CS with asking (I'm sure they're getting hundreds of these), but I'm guessing since I ordered early on the 1st December (Prague time) mine is likely to ship early next week at some point. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas, it'll be tight!

I know, I know, I should just be patient and it'll come when it comes, but it's hard to resist being excited.

That is interesting, I contacted CS tuesday as well, as I wanted clarification on what the shipping list meant, and I they said mine was expected to be shipped end of this week, and I ordered December 3 just before the end of the sale. It was just a MK3s kit, with nothing else, so that might help, but not sure.

Posted : 11/12/2019 7:23 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @paul-s
That is interesting, I contacted CS tuesday as well, as I wanted clarification on what the shipping list meant, and I they said mine was expected to be shipped end of this week, and I ordered December 3 just before the end of the sale. It was just a MK3s kit, with nothing else, so that might help, but not sure.

To clarify I didn't contact CS, I was guessing about mine being next week through extrapolation.

That said - I wouldn't be surprised if they were just telling everyone "by the end of this week". If I've learned anything from being on the MINI wait threads, and now this, is that Prusa isn't the best at communication when it comes to shipping estimates at busy times / during pre-orders 😀

Posted : 11/12/2019 7:38 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member

Just got my “Shipped” notification! (1st December order, kit + extra filament and nozzle)

This post was modified 4 years ago by MarcinS
Posted : 11/12/2019 12:13 pm
Paul
 Paul
(@paul-17)

Just got my shipping notification as well, so it looks like they can predict the black friday shipping pretty good this time 🙂

Posted : 13/12/2019 9:46 am
Shana
(@shana)

Still waiting on my dec 1st order (filament + smooth build plates) but I am in no rush. Hoping to get it before the 24th though as I bought corkfill to play with over the holidays.

Posted : 13/12/2019 8:51 pm
Chris
(@chris-11)

Ordered on 29th Nov and still no shipping date. 🤔 

Posted : 13/12/2019 8:59 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @marcins

Just got my “Shipped” notification! (1st December order, kit + extra filament and nozzle)

It landed in Sydney this morning. Still ETA of Monday, but I guess it depends on when they hold it for me to pay GST. Though there was an update last night that it’s been cleared by customs already, but not sure if that includes duty. in any case, will certainly have it in the upcoming days! Reading the assembly guide in anticipation. 

Posted : 13/12/2019 10:33 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@marcins

Is this your first kit?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/12/2019 11:04 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@marcins

Is this your first kit?

First Prusa kit, yes. I've built hobby grade RC kits, and done a fair bit of hobby electronics, so pretty comfortable with the idea. Definitely going to pay attention to all the comments and take my time!

Posted : 13/12/2019 11:25 pm
Sembazuru liked
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

Printed construction manual is great for browsing, but make sure you use the online version for construction. User comments are invaluable. Saved me from a couple of bad mistakes.

Posted : 13/12/2019 11:33 pm
MarcinS liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@marcins

Welcome to the Jungle where the costs only go up.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/12/2019 12:37 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

Haha, thanks!

Tell you what - doing some prototyping on my current printer this morning, it's a Wanhao Duplicator Mini rebrand, and after watching one that MINI unboxing stream yesterday, the thing I'm most looking forward to with a Prusa is to be able to just press "Print" and start printing.

It took me literally 30 minutes to get a small print started today: have to wait about 3-4 minutes for it to get up to temperature, then had a filament feeding issue which meant it stopped extruding in the first 15 seconds. Of course once you cancel a print you can't start another one until the hotend drops below 100C or you'll get a "thermal runaway" error as it tries to reheat. So wait another 5 minutes for it to cool down. Start the print again, finally things look to be progressing.

No heated bed, so it's a crapshoot as to whether it'll start to curl up 30 minutes into printing - even though I've got it in an enclosure to at least get some semblance of heat in there. I've taken to blasting some hot air in with my wife's hair dryer just before the print starts just to get the temp up for the first few layers!

So anyway, my point is the cost in terms of sanity and frayed nerves with my current printer is pretty high, looking forward to a smoother experience with the Prusa!

Posted : 14/12/2019 12:47 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member

My kit arrived today, on a Sunday - was surprised to get the "With delivery courier" on a Sunday morning, I guess DHL are working overtime in the leadup until Chrsitmas.  Started my assembling, all going generally well, definitely some super useful comments in the online manual.

I got up to the extruder part, but sadly I seem to be missing my IR Sensor Cable 🙁 Checked all the other bags and boxes with no luck. I've already talked to CS and a replacement will be on it's way, but now I have a choice, build the printer without the IR sensor for now (AFAIK I can disable it's use) and just add the cable in when it arrives, or just wait and resume assembly later.

Will have to check the following instructions to see how much of a hassle it'll be to add in later, but in any case it's late and I was about to pause and go to bed anyway, so that's a tomorrow after work problem.

Posted : 15/12/2019 11:48 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member

Ok, no, after looking forward I think I’ll just wait a few more days for the part. That cable is deep in between the extruder body parts.

Posted : 15/12/2019 12:03 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@marcins

Is there any chance you have similar cable laying somewhere around, and use it for the time being? Those look like computer case front panel connector cables.

Posted : 15/12/2019 12:08 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @crawlerin

@marcins

Is there any chance you have similar cable laying somewhere around, and use it for the time being? Those look like computer case front panel connector cables.

Looks like it’s 3 pin with a clip on the extruder side, but 4 pin at the other end. I have 3 pin cable and connectors for RC, but without the clip.

Looks like I can do most of the other assembly sections while I wait and just finish the extruder last - heatbed, electronics, LCD, cable management. Apart from final connections of extruder cables there’s no other major dependencies there. 

Posted : 15/12/2019 12:21 pm
Thejiral
(@thejiral)
Noble Member

I placed my order on 30th of November (MK3S + MMU2S+ some filament, all items were labelled as "in stock") and haven't got any delivery date yet, just payment accepted ...
Seems like I still have to wait for my luck. Prusa's own deadline for mixed orders back then (3-6 days) + the buffer week have passed by without hearing anything. I guess I'll be bothering CS to check if that's just normal or if something went wrong. 

Mk3s MMU2s, Voron 0.1, Voron 2.4

Posted : 16/12/2019 5:01 pm
groma79 liked
Andrei E
(@andrei-e)

same here. ordered on 2.12.2019 and no update since then ....

would be nice more updates on shipping times

Posted : 17/12/2019 3:35 pm
groma79 liked
groma79
(@groma79)

I placed the order for filament on 2nd December - acc. system everthing on stock. Now 15 days later no sign of being shipped or whatever. Waiting some time for a printer kit is onething but for stocked filament is ridiculous. 

Posted : 17/12/2019 4:31 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: