Notifications
Clear all

Black Friday 2019 ?  

Page 3 / 5
  RSS
Paul K
(@paul-k)
RE: Black Friday 2019 ?

Also ordered my first Prusa printer on Black Friday. But i got confirmation my order was paid and money was charged from my bank account. But still my order is set on waiting for payment. 

Anyone got same issue ?

Posted : 03/12/2019 8:34 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@p_k3

Speak to the chat line on the eShop page!

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 03/12/2019 9:06 pm
Dingo_aus
(@dingo_aus)

My order via paypal is progressing. Took paypal about 2 business days to draw the funds from my account after Prusa had received the funds.

Now I am just waiting for shipping notification. Not sweating it though, I imagine there might be a bit of a backlog of orders to process.

Posted : 03/12/2019 9:13 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @nigel-hungerfordsymes

Now I am just waiting for shipping notification. Not sweating it though, I imagine there might be a bit of a backlog of orders to process.

Yep, they just updated the shipping table, for the kit: "Currently shipping the backlog of Black Friday orders in December. New orders will be shipped in January 2020."

Posted : 04/12/2019 8:47 am
Harry
(@harry)
Trusted Member

my loud loud dhl already in bruen should arrive tomorrow

Posted : 04/12/2019 8:56 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @marcins
Posted by: @nigel-hungerfordsymes

Yep, they just updated the shipping table, for the kit: "Currently shipping the backlog of Black Friday orders in December. New orders will be shipped in January 2020."

Looks like it's slightly changed to say "Currently shipping the backlog of Black Friday orders in December. New orders have a leadtime of over a week." - so no longer saying January for new orders, just "over a week" (still three weeks left in December!). That means hopefully they can get the Black Friday orders out in no more than a week or two (I cancelled my MINI pre-order and switched to an MK3S Kit on Sunday - thought I wouldn't have to wait much at all).

Posted : 04/12/2019 11:42 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@marcins

The Mk3S is a great printer.  I would have no regrets.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 05/12/2019 1:09 am
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

Yeah, definitely not concerned about my choice. I was ready to pull the trigger on an MK3S the very day I saw the MINI announcement (which was 2 days after it got announced).

Posted : 05/12/2019 1:17 am
BosonBerry Studios
(@bosonberry-studios)

Just got shipment confirmation! CAN NOT WAIT to build this thing.

Posted : 07/12/2019 7:14 pm
Allan Fonroques 🚀
(@allan-fonroques)
Eminent Member

Still no shipping for me 🙁

I had a problem, I was charged twice the price of the printer, so 2x 769€ = 1538 €

With discussion with online support, I was refund 48 hours later, everything is back to normal.

I was told that I would have a commercial gesture, but I have no feedback on it.

I am trying to email the person who has managed my problem on the online chat, but after 4 reminders he does not answer....

I asked a question from the member area, no answer ..

My PDF invoice has disappeared and is not available, no answer on that too ...

Posted : 07/12/2019 7:24 pm
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

Congratulations to all purchasers!

When you get your kit - don't rush it. The construction manual is both excellent - and important. Read the online comments in the manual.

And don't forget to pack your linear bearings with grease before assembly! A lot easier now than after you have problems.

This post was modified 4 years ago by rmm200
Posted : 07/12/2019 7:28 pm
Vaporized
(@vaporized)

Hi Everyone,

I received my printer this week and put it together.
Took my time (around 11 hours) with the assembly and double checked everything.
The manual is really very well done.

Had some initial problems with bed adhesion on the textured sheet (still need to figure that out), but after switching to the smooth sheet my prints started coming out perfectly.
I have only printed with PLA so far.
Ordered some PETG and ABS to try when I am a little more confident.
Should mention that I spent allot of time getting the bed adhesion just right.
Probably since I could not get a good stick on the textured sheet.
The printer has really impressed me! Good luck to all the other first time owners!

Some of my very first 3d prints: (The dragon was a 7 hour print!)

Posted : 08/12/2019 11:49 am
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

Textured sheet issues: Really scrub it with a bit of unscented detergent and copious amounts of water. Dry it with clean paper towels. NEVER touch the print area! Do this as needed, maybe monthly. 99% IPA wipe after every few prints.

This would be in the build notes if Prusa would admit they have a problem...

Posted : 08/12/2019 6:48 pm
Vaporized
(@vaporized)

@robert-rmm200

Tnx will try this soon as I get a gap.

Posted : 08/12/2019 8:38 pm
Printaholic5000
(@printaholic5000)

What is meant by leadtime on the shipping information page...? Do they mean over a week for them to get it ready and shipped out, or over a week before they even being to process the order? Because I placed two orders on the 30th early in the day, one for a MK3S, and a second for some filament and an MMU2S (due to orders over $800 being charged the customs taxes or whatever in US). While my payment was accepted almost instantly for both orders, the filament and MMU2S order is due to arrive some time tomorrow, but haven't heard anything since the payment being accepted for the printer.

Posted : 08/12/2019 9:56 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@drew-piazza00

I suggest you contact support.  They can clarify processes and policies.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/12/2019 10:01 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @drew-piazza00

What is meant by leadtime on the shipping information page...? Do they mean over a week for them to get it ready and shipped out, or over a week before they even being to process the order? Because I placed two orders on the 30th early in the day, one for a MK3S, and a second for some filament and an MMU2S (due to orders over $800 being charged the customs taxes or whatever in US). While my payment was accepted almost instantly for both orders, the filament and MMU2S order is due to arrive some time tomorrow, but haven't heard anything since the payment being accepted for the printer.

They're "Shipping Black Friday orders in December" - that is, they're preparing and shipping them as fast as possible but they have a backlog. _New_ orders made today have a lead time of "over a week". So from that you can, maybe, assume that the Black Friday orders should ship within a week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted : 08/12/2019 10:01 pm
Printaholic5000
(@printaholic5000)

Thanks for the quick replies 🙂 I completely understand that they've got a major backlog, I just found it concerning that the order that said it could be delayed due to demand (one of the spools I ordered) has already shipped and the printer has been nothing but radio silence. Plus I didn't want to add to the abundance "omg where'z muh stuff" requests I'm sure support has been getting, but if its recommenced; I guess I will.    

Posted : 08/12/2019 10:25 pm
Printaholic5000
(@printaholic5000)

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I did get in touch with CS. With me placing the order early on the 30th of November, my printer is "scheduled" to ship on the 13th of December... So as long as they stay on pace, just under 2 weeks, and hopefully I'll get it in less than a week after that, but I'm unsure due to getting that much closer to Christmas I'm sure DHL is getting their @$$ handed to em. I don't mind the wait, I was just concerned that something had happened to my order, but feel so much better than I know it isn't lost or stuck in some rando server somewhere between here and the other side of the Earth. So we'll see 😊 

Posted : 09/12/2019 4:14 pm
MarcinS
(@marcins)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @drew-piazza00

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, I did get in touch with CS. With me placing the order early on the 30th of November, my printer is "scheduled" to ship on the 13th of December... So as long as they stay on pace, just under 2 weeks, and hopefully I'll get it in less than a week after that, but I'm unsure due to getting that much closer to Christmas I'm sure DHL is getting their @$$ handed to em. I don't mind the wait, I was just concerned that something had happened to my order, but feel so much better than I know it isn't lost or stuck in some rando server somewhere between here and the other side of the Earth. So we'll see 😊 

I don't want to hassle CS with asking (I'm sure they're getting hundreds of these), but I'm guessing since I ordered early on the 1st December (Prague time) mine is likely to ship early next week at some point. Fingers crossed it arrives before Christmas, it'll be tight!

I know, I know, I should just be patient and it'll come when it comes, but it's hard to resist being excited.

Posted : 10/12/2019 12:38 am
Page 3 / 5
Share: