Clear all

Bitcoin payment option removed  

RSS
Rams
 Rams
(@rams)
Eminent Member
Bitcoin payment option removed

Why is the payment option of bitcoin removed in the shop? That is currently the only way to pay for me! At the moment I feel like a gender-neutral that can't find the right toilet.

Posted : 04/12/2019 7:01 pm
Milos V.
(@milos-v)
Prominent Member
RE: Bitcoin payment option removed

Maybe because Prusa wants to know, how much money he has on the account without 1000% fluctuation every day 😉

Posted : 04/12/2019 7:31 pm
bobstro liked
yanxun38
(@yanxun38)

It's a shame, for me it was the most convenient way of paying. It's sad to see how bitcoin becomes a history. I remember how I started learning to trade on Instaforex, how I was inspired by a post on the internet! And now there are more and more articles predicting its end. 

Posted : 11/12/2019 3:12 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

Blockchains as a technology are slowly finding its way into other uses, but crypto-currencies may not be the ultimate saviours of this world. Not with current computational requirements of those systems and available power. 

Posted : 12/12/2019 2:21 am
Rams
 Rams
(@rams)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Both of your comments are going to look very silly.

Posted : 12/12/2019 4:36 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @rams

Both of your comments are going to look very silly.

Keyword "going to look" . Implies future, not current time. 

Posted : 12/12/2019 9:44 am
Rasor
(@rasor)

I pre-ordered a Prusa Mini back in Novemeber and paid via Bitcoin, yesterday I cancelled that pre-order and traded up for a new MK3s using the credit note. I asked why they removed the BTC option and Marcin (from their excellent Customer Service team) basically said it's because they don't actually get many BTC orders.

Posted : 12/02/2020 9:26 am
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

As Customer Service teams go, Prusa really is pretty decent.

They are not your typical out-sourced folks who only read off a printed sheet.

Posted : 12/02/2020 4:48 pm
debra.k
(@debra-k)
Eminent Member

Sorry to hear this.  I purchased both my Mk3 and SL1 with Bitcoin

Posted : 15/02/2020 9:00 pm
brianwil2727
(@brianwil2727)

Prusa should bring back the bitcoin payement option.bitcoin on futures is really helpful for such payements

Posted : 17/04/2020 4:48 am
gilemon.v
(@gilemon-v)

I agree, I was going to put an order but was really disappointed to see this is gone. I mean, I fully respect the initiative to propose this payment option in the first place, but especially in regards to the potential benefice you could have made with the orders you accepted back in 2018 & 2019, you should definitely reconsider putting it back online.

Posted : 23/02/2021 2:50 pm
Lichtjaeger
(@lichtjaeger)
Noble Member

Bitcoin is highly unstable. Trading Bitcoins is more like trading stocks than handling money. I would even go as far as to say it's completely dysfunctional as a currency.
If I would have a store, I neither would accept Bitcoins.

Posted : 23/02/2021 3:11 pm
bobstro liked
gilemon.v
(@gilemon-v)

@lichtjaeger

I understand your perspective but my one is quite different from both a buyer and a seller.

I used to have an online store accepting it and my partners were as reluctant as you to install this payment option. We made few sales with it until I surrendered and let them remove it. But now they are the one coming back to remind me that they want their share of it...

I just can't understand the arm of having as many payment gateways as possible. Nobody's forcing no one to use a particular option. Same goes with stores which do not accept PayPal, of course it's their choice, but as a customer I really don't understand the argument. If someone has to complain about how much additional work it generates, it should be the IT crowd in charge of the website, not sales or accountants.

Posted : 23/02/2021 3:35 pm
Thejiral
(@thejiral)
Noble Member

Work costs. So it is of course sales and accountants whose job it is to have a look on it. Many payment options do incur some sort of additional costs. If some of them are not sufficiently used or create too much extra work or uncertainty/risks (the latter also costs), then they are simply not worth it. That is of course a business decision but not one done by the IT crowd but by sales or the owners of course.

Prusa apparently decided BitCoin weren't worth it (anymore).

Mk3s MMU2s, Voron 0.1, Voron 2.4

Posted : 25/02/2021 11:16 am
ValentineJ
(@valentinej)

Any update about this?

Does anyone know if BTC payments have been reactivated?

Posted : 20/04/2021 12:31 pm
gilemon.v
(@gilemon-v)

@valentinej

As of today, in Europe, it's not available. Still waiting so that I can purchase an SL1, maybe I'll wait forever, who knowsss?

Posted : 03/05/2021 4:14 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I did not know this was an issue.  I would never think to use Bitcoin.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/05/2021 1:33 am
Maniax
(@maniax)

i paid for my mk3s with bitcoin and was looking to get the mini and noticed btc payment option was gone, super sad

Posted : 17/05/2021 1:15 pm
Weas2
(@weas2)

Posted by: @maniax

i paid for my mk3s with bitcoin and was looking to get the mini and noticed btc payment option was gone, super sad

You right

Posted : 26/08/2022 1:26 pm
Share: