Notifications
Clear all

Bad quality problem (MK3S)  

RSS
Poli
 Poli
(@poli)
Bad quality problem (MK3S)

Hello, I am new to prusa so excuse me if I do something wrong about the guide line.

So I recently builded my MK3S and the benchy boat came out like a charm.

Now I tried to print a unicorn once with support once without with the 0.05 mm profile and God hell the quality is bassicly shit. 

Weirdly too my extruder motor makes a little sound that I can't really explain but like plastic touching another plastic like a click.

Below there are some pictures 

What could it come from I changed my first layer thickness but I don't know if this has an influence I think not?

I searched a bit around but can't really find "fixes" thanks for you help !

Here are some images :

https://ibb.co/cF3K7sS
https://ibb.co/QkkQrs8
https://ibb.co/ZYdz4Zz
https://ibb.co/P55S2Nv

Posted : 10/11/2019 10:16 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator
RE: Bad quality problem (MK3S)

Hi Poli,

would be great if you attach your pictures rather here than in ibb.co, where people rather do not like to grab pictures from. Inserting a picture here is simply - open a new post and drag the picture by mouse from your folder across the edit area.

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 11/11/2019 1:50 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @poli

[...] Weirdly too my extruder motor makes a little sound that I can't really explain but like plastic touching another plastic like a click. [...] What could it come from I changed my first layer thickness but I don't know if this has an influence I think not?

The clicking is commonly caused by back pressure created when the extruder can't push filament through the narrow nozzle opening as quickly as it is being fed. Using a very low layer height creates even more back pressure. You can try a few things to deal with this:

1. Calibrate your filament settings in the slicer. If excessive filament is being fed, it will aggravate this problem. Set the filament diameter based on measured and averaged values, and calibrate your extrusion multiplier. 
  2. Slow down. The hotend can only melt and process filament so fast. This is a particular problem when using the default Prusa speeds for larger parts with infill. Try dialing the knob back to 50% speed during the print and see if things improve. If so, you know you can fix the problem in your slicer settings.
  3. Increase nozzle temp slightly. This may increase stringing, so may not be the best answer, but hotter filament flows more freely, relieving the back-pressure.
My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 11/11/2019 3:08 pm
Zoltan
(@zoltan)
Member Moderator

what type of filament did you use and which filament profile?

even an old man can learn new things 🙂
Standard I3 mk3s, MMU2S, Prusa Enclosure, Fusion 360, PrusaSlicer, Windows 10
PRUSA MINI+ Prusalink + Prusa Connect

Posted : 11/11/2019 7:09 pm
Poli
 Poli
(@poli)
Topic starter answered:

@zoltan

IMG-20191110-224337IMG-20191110-224330IMG-20191110-224320IMG-20191110-224314

Sorry couldn't do it on my phone thanks for the advice

Posted : 11/11/2019 7:39 pm
Poli
 Poli
(@poli)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

I see thanks for your answer i will try i am already trying to print a temp tower to test my temps.

Posted : 11/11/2019 7:40 pm
Poli
 Poli
(@poli)
Topic starter answered:

@zoltan

I am using the one i got in the box a Prusa one with the Prusa profile in the PrusaSlicer so everything with the defaults.

My benchy boat came out really good too that's weird :/

Posted : 11/11/2019 7:40 pm
Poli
 Poli
(@poli)
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

For the extruder i think it is as you said it was going to fast while doing this other print the sound is totally gone. Thanks for your help

Posted : 11/11/2019 7:44 pm
York Damon
(@york-damon)

In regards to the extruder, I believe it is because, as you mentioned, it was moving too fast during this other print, as the noise is now completely absent.

word hurdle

Posted : 19/12/2022 8:52 am
Share: