Are those two optional X-axis upgrade parts recommended (i3MK3S to i3MK3S+ upgrade kit)

Notifications
Clear all

Are those two optional X-axis upgrade parts recommended (i3MK3S to i3MK3S+ upgrade kit)  

RSS
prusanewuser
(@prusanewuser)
Prominent Member

Hi, I know it is optional and the old ones will still work with the new components for the MK3S+. How many of you upgraded the x-end-idler.stl and x-end-motor.stl? Is it better to upgrade?

Posted : 04/03/2021 2:24 am
Loak
 Loak
(@loak)
Estimable Member
RE: Are those two optional X-axis upgrade parts recommended (i3MK3S to i3MK3S+ upgrade kit)

Hello,

I've not upgraded to MK3S+ yet but I will. As I feel that adjusting tension on the X belt should be easier with the new X axis parts, I will too and it will also be an opportunity to clean and regrease the bearings of this axis.

MK3s Stock, PS2.3, Fusion360, Debian, Windows 10.

Posted : 04/03/2021 8:54 am
Baklin
(@baklin)
Reputable Member
RE: Are those two optional X-axis upgrade parts recommended (i3MK3S to i3MK3S+ upgrade kit)

I did the upgrade also for a color change of the printer.  Most parts are white now. 

But I liked the new x end parts. The belt tensioning works better and has a little more range. 

Posted : 04/03/2021 9:03 am
Share: