Clear all

400 x 400 Prusa Printer?  

Page 17 / 19
  RSS
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
RE: 400 x 400 Prusa Printer?

I'd not interpret it strictly as "do not buy from competitors", more like "wait and see, then decide for yourself". I can see why it may sound with a grain of despair or arrogance to some. All I've seen and read about Hemera it looks to be one pretty nice piece of an extruder and I too would like to see it working with existing printers (Prusa or other) for the sake of choice. Yet we still know nothing about future printers and extrusion system may be different from what we are currently used to. (It probably won't but no one can completely exclude possibility of "OMG why haven't we thought of this before" moment.)

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 19/12/2019 1:34 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @crawlerin

I'd not interpret it strictly as "do not buy from competitors", more like "wait and see, then decide for yourself". I can see why it may sound with a grain of despair or arrogance to some. All I've seen and read about Hemera it looks to be one pretty nice piece of an extruder and I too would like to see it working with existing printers (Prusa or other) for the sake of choice. Yet we still know nothing about future printers and extrusion system may be different from what we are currently used to. (It probably won't but no one can completely exclude possibility of "OMG why haven't we thought of this before" moment.)

I think I took it in a similar manner.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 19/12/2019 3:26 am
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Thanks guys for providing some other point of view. It helps to see the future not so black 🙂

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 19/12/2019 3:35 am
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010-2)
  • Has anyone heard anything new about the Prusa XL?
Posted : 29/01/2020 4:12 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Yes.  It is Core XY and in development.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/01/2020 10:05 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

38 cm per axis print area, "to fit cosplay helmet with wings", according to this presentation: https://slideslive.com/38920839/open-source-software-hardware-3d-tiskarny-a-tvrdy-business-jak-to-jde-dohromady at least that was the assignment to devs.

(in Czech language, from November 2019. Somebody posted in Facebook group.)

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 29/01/2020 10:46 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

38 would be good, 40 would be great.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 29/01/2020 11:02 am
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010-2)

Thanks!

Posted : 29/01/2020 2:17 pm
Chocki
(@chocki)
Prominent Member

After the interview with Joshua Lee (Excerpt below), maybe something bigger or at least scalable, so in effect XL and XL+

After all 60 cm 70 cm cubed is not for everyone.

Is there some innovation, new 3D print-related thing you would really appreciate?

The thing that I would like to see, is a large-format FDM printer that works well, really. If you are going to build a dinosaur, you could tile it off smaller pieces, but that’s a lot of work to split it up. Also, human heads – we have to print those quite a lot. 

There is a problem with bigger prints because as the volume increases, the speed becomes an issue. I’d really like to have our own print farm at work, to make large prints, sized approx. 60-70 cm cubed. Rather than using outside companies with industrial-level printers. It’s better for us because then we don’t have a problem with secrecy when it’s all done in-house. Our deadlines are tight like I said, so we need to make everything as quickly as possible. Often, even if there is a problem with the print, an outside company might reject it, but we would accept it. Because we know we can post-process it with some filling and filing. 

So, the next thing I really want to see is a large format farm.

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:36 am
spectre
(@spectre)

@chocki

Thank you, I only have an experience with large prints, with the Creatbot 60x60x60 and it was a disaster in terms of quality, layers badly printed and very poor customer care service. I asked several tests and I had to give up with the CreatBot brand. :((
I hope the Prusa and its potential 40x40x40 will do much better, in any case at least we can count on professional support.

Posted : 07/02/2020 8:43 am
PrussianTomasUSA
(@prussiantomasusa)
Eminent Member

I thought about the Railcore II but, even the kit is costly now. The Sekit looks interesting and from what I hear the print results are very good but, the manufacture cannot keep up with demand.

Right now a solid >= 300x300 XY with >=300 Z would be very helpful with my needs. 

— I love the Prusa quality... and the “It just always works” reliability.

— There are many time I could user a bigger XY for parts that structurally benefit from the horizontal layers.

Tomas

Posted : 12/02/2020 1:59 pm
Noizie Works
(@noizie-works)

I was at the point of pushing the buy button(MK3S) until i read the new years blog about the XL printer.... Glad i didn't as this would be perfect!

If you guys @prusa needed some more confirmation YES give it to me! 😎 

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:53 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@noizie-works

It's been just hinted it's in works, not announced, it can be months for announcement and eternity till shipments 🙂 you won't regret MK3S meanwhile.

Posted : 24/02/2020 12:39 pm
Noizie Works
(@noizie-works)

@crawlerin

yeah i know but i can wait for it 🙂

Posted : 26/02/2020 5:32 am
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010-2)

Damn this coronavirus!  Now we have to wait even longer for the Prusa XL...

Posted : 26/03/2020 5:21 pm
Noizie Works
(@noizie-works)

😫 😥 

Posted : 26/03/2020 5:24 pm
Neolker
(@neolker)
Posted by: @crawlerin

38 cm per axis print area, "to fit cosplay helmet with wings", according to this presentation: https://slideslive.com/38920839/open-source-software-hardware-3d-tiskarny-a-tvrdy-business-jak-to-jde-dohromady at least that was the assignment to devs.

(in Czech language, from November 2019. Somebody posted in Facebook group.)

It was me, and this was only unconfirmed sneak peek, when you consider speed of development in 3D printing industry. Unfortunately at this time everything takes a longer time to be done. So stay healthy and be patient.

Posted : 05/04/2020 12:20 am
MANGOATS
(@mangoats)

Hello,

I'm very interested in a bigger print volume from Prusa. I sure hope it's out soon. I don't like the ideal of any other manufacture but need to make a large print asap. Any new or updates on information from Prusa?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted : 25/04/2020 5:39 am
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

@chris-m29

No new updates. In case of ASAP you need to find other alternatives. Even if PR would announce it tomorrow, it will take at least 6 month until first units will be shipped and another 6 month until wider audience can buy it. Just look at the backlog of the Prusa mini. 

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 25/04/2020 5:47 am
RedDawg
(@reddawg)
Reputable Member

Show me the Prusa "Quad4" (400 x 400 x 400 x 4 extruders) and I will show you cash money.

Hear ye, Hear ye! Step right up folks and get your Government salvation here! Less than $.002 per word! Amazon.com/dp/B0B8XMMFP4

Posted : 26/04/2020 3:43 am
Page 17 / 19
Share: