Page 12 / 19
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: 400 x 400 Prusa Printer?
Posted by: @jadedreddragon
Posted by: @bobstro
Posted by: @charles-h13

What is the concern about the cantilever design?  I am sure the extruder will be fine. 

Not so much a concern with Prusa's Mini design, at least based on the limited info currently available. The others I've seen (Tevo Michaelangelo, Monoprice Select Mini) all have a lot of weight hanging off the arm and corresponding reports of gradual sagging. If the hotend & extruder are light and the frame and arm robust, it shouldn't be a huge problem with the limited build size.

Could the possible sagging issue be fixed just by adding weight on the other side as counter balance just like a crane?

If perfectly weighted, that could be possible.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/10/2019 6:28 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

They are aiming for 400x400 mm and 1200 to 1500 dollars.

After around 17:30.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Crawlerin
Posted : 15/10/2019 7:21 pm
gruagach liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

1200-1500 is a great price.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/10/2019 8:25 pm
Dan
 Dan
(@dan-2)
Eminent Member

1500,- wouldn’t be little but I guess prusa will make a lot for the money

Posted : 15/10/2019 8:33 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

It highly depends on the components. Fully enclosed, with network and camera, water cooled extruder for high temperature printing, electronics in cooler zone ....

.... I should stop dreaming at work.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 15/10/2019 10:08 pm
gruagach
(@gruagach)
Eminent Member

@crawlerin

Thank you for sharing the video—very excited about the XL, but my first printer will be the Mini!

Posted : 16/10/2019 1:22 am
gruagach
(@gruagach)
Eminent Member

@crawlerin

Thank you for sharing the video—very excited about the XL, but my first printer will be the Mini!

Posted : 16/10/2019 1:22 am
Birdman2010
(@birdman2010)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @robb-lincoln

@crawlerin

That is very smart!  The mini will be a perfect printer to start!  Once you learn about z-height and using different filaments, then you can invest the $1,200 to $1,500 if you still want a huge printer.  I learned about 3D printing on my Prusa MK2s.  Then, I bought a CR-10 because I wanted a bigger size.  The CR-10 is a piece of garbage!  I have wasted a lot of time trying to get it to print reliably.  I am looking forward to the Prusa quality in the bigger size!

Posted : 16/10/2019 2:41 am
gruagach liked
gruagach
(@gruagach)
Eminent Member

@birdman2010

It’s a much more manageable price and I have faith that they will produce a high quality printer with good reliability.  Now to convince the wife that I need another hobby...

Posted : 16/10/2019 4:57 am
gruagach
(@gruagach)
Eminent Member

@chocki

You have my deep and honest sympathy.  Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of America for inflicting Trump on the rest of the world.  The positive thing for us, he hasn’t started a trade war with the Czech Republic yet.  Perhaps I have as long as March 2020 to place my order.

Posted : 16/10/2019 5:16 am
davidinjp liked
Chocki
(@chocki)
Prominent Member

We just have a bunch of Narcissistic Colonial Xenophobes running the country here. I dread to think how it's going to pan out...

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

Posted : 16/10/2019 7:36 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@chocki

You have my deep and honest sympathy.  Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of America for inflicting Trump on the rest of the world.  The positive thing for us, he hasn’t started a trade war with the Czech Republic yet.  Perhaps I have as long as March 2020 to place my order.

I don't think a 3d printing forum is a place for a political discussion.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 16/10/2019 9:02 am
91d3on Mining and Dan liked
gruagach
(@gruagach)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

You are right, I should not have posted that.  I will do better.

Posted : 16/10/2019 12:08 pm
M8Harry
(@m8harry)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @birdman2010

@crawlerin

That is very smart!  The mini will be a perfect printer to start!  Once you learn about z-height and using different filaments, then you can invest the $1,200 to $1,500 if you still want a huge printer.

That is my plan exactly!

Respect the fact everyone is entitled to have an opinion, you dont have to like it or hate it, just accept its theirs and not yours and you will be ok!

Posted : 16/10/2019 3:12 pm
Dan liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@charles-h13

You are right, I should not have posted that.  I will do better.

No a big deal.  I have learned that not everyone agrees with my politics, religion, or ethical beliefs.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 16/10/2019 4:02 pm
Chocki
(@chocki)
Prominent Member

Anyway, back to topic.

In the video, JP mentioned a new hotend and heatbreak design, new controller board with new display, new heated bed etc.

I can't really see what could be reused from the Mk3 to upgrade to a core x-y design with the above mentioned differences.

The only thing that comes to mind is new buyers pay full price and get all the extrusion, hardware, and printed parts supplied, whereas existing owners could get a discount, extrusions and hardware, but print all their own printed parts to save cost.

Normal people believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet.

Posted : 16/10/2019 7:54 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @chocki

The only thing that comes to mind is new buyers pay full price and get all the extrusion, hardware, and printed parts supplied, whereas existing owners could get a discount, extrusions and hardware, but print all their own printed parts to save cost.

I hope they sell them without the printed parts in the future

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/10/2019 1:45 am
Roland S.
(@roland-s)

JP say´s the Prusa XL has some very cool features for the head bed, can we expect something like "heated Print areas" for some smaller Print parts, to not even head the full sice 400x400, maybe 4 squares wich even 200x200? 🙂

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Plant trees with this alternate google search machine: https://ecosia.org - Thanks. 🙂

Posted : 17/10/2019 7:18 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @roland-s12

JP say´s the Prusa XL has some very cool features for the head bed, can we expect something like "heated Print areas" for some smaller Print parts, to not even head the full sice 400x400, maybe 4 squares wich even 200x200? 🙂

That’s an interesting idea, and very practical.

Posted : 17/10/2019 8:23 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

That is very interesting.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/10/2019 9:52 am
Page 12 / 19
Share: