Just too hot in the office, make an AC unit

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
MikeR33
(@miker33)

Despite it being fairly cold at the moment the office I'm in is really too warm and in the warmer weather like a sauna. I decided to make myself a desktop air conditioner, Prusa MK3 to the rescue, it's peltier based so not particularly efficient but seems to work quite well (250watt) for creating a nice cool breeze. Wouldn't be any good in a small area as it actually generates more heat than it removes but that doesn't really make any difference in an office with about 15ft ceiling height and several thousand square feet open plan. Probably could be used in a smaller area if the hot side was vented outside but I'm in the middle nowhere near a window so this was the best I could manage. The top seems to do a good job of stabilising the hot air flow directly up so hopefully won't bother anyone but could add an extension if needed to raise that up. Just another bit of fun at work because I have the technology lol

Posted : 15/11/2019 9:56 am
burtronix and liked
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Just too hot in the office, make an AC unit

Very nice ... where did you source a 250w Peltier?

Posted : 15/11/2019 8:48 pm
MikeR33
(@miker33)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Just too hot in the office, make an AC unit

It's using 2x 40mmx40mmx3mm 125w units, don't think there are any 250w ones easily\cheaply available.

Posted : 16/11/2019 8:59 am
Share: