Clear all

Which Mask is Better to Protect Covid-19 Virus  

Page 7 / 20
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Which Mask is Better to Protect Covid-19 Virus

@cybrsage

I am only indicating that those that a mask that would reduce oxygenation need a different mask with supplemental oxygen.  Even the N95 will only affect oxygenation a fraction of a percent.   

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 07/03/2021 7:54 pm
CybrSage liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Also, in medicine, we make decisions based on evidence and there is no evidence that a mask affects oxygenation or air intake significantly.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 07/03/2021 7:56 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

@cwbullet

I agree, though in some cases it would not matter, they would still experience the high anxiety anyway. 

As a society, we need to be kind to those who have such issues.  Unfortunately, way too many seek to harm them instead. 

Spreading the truth about it can hopefully help make us a kinder society.  Hate has already gone too deep.

Posted : 07/03/2021 7:58 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @cybrsage

[...] They are not effective in stopping anything, so much so that the transmission rate of even the flu is high enough to ensure its continued spread while wearing a cloth mask.

What do you disagree with?  I have been saying the same thing the entire time.

I disagree with what seems to be your conclusion. You seem to be stating that because masks are not 100% effective, they should not be used. Citing what you just wrote, the transmission of flu is dramatically lower this year precisely because of mask and distancing initiatives. Again, I'll cite the example of seatbelts. They do not prevent deaths from automotive mishaps but they have a decided impact on reducing deaths and injuries. While one might not trust biased news sources, insurance interests beholden to nothing but the almighty dollar say so very clearly.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 07/03/2021 8:03 pm
floh liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@bobstro

BINGo!

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 07/03/2021 8:07 pm
pcweber
(@pcweber)

@cwbullet

I concur. 

Stay safe and healthy, Phil

Posted : 07/03/2021 8:39 pm
floh
 floh
(@floh)
Trusted Member

@bobstro: About seatbelt example I'd emphazise one thing:

Seatbelts doesn't only protect* yourself, but also protect other passengers so they doesn't hit each other at an accident.

In similiar way the mask doesn't only protect the carrier himself, but also protect other person around you.

That is why it's important that everybody wear mask because it's protect you *and* everybody you encounter. Not wearing mask (if there is no reason for not wearing) means not supporting to recover economic and that is ignorant.

*) *cough* reduce the risk of injurement/death *cough*

Floh

PS: @cwbullet: I also have biggest respect to peoples working at the front against Covid. Glad to hear you're "well" now.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by floh
Posted : 08/03/2021 7:02 am
pcweber
(@pcweber)

Since we're in agreement, that wearing masks save lives. Then one must see that if one can save even one life that it's worth the sacrifice and a very small price to pay for that life. 

Stay safe and healthy, Phil

Posted : 08/03/2021 9:02 am
Clarmrrsn
(@clarmrrsn)
Honorable Member

Unfortunately there will always be those in society who think "the rules do not apply to me".

It is a fact of life, I have encountered my fair share of idiots who think it is a fake virus, masks do nothing etc etc....

Just think how much better the world would be at this point if each and every person, who did not have a genuine medical reason to wear one, had worn a mask every day indoors with other people since the start of the pandemic.

It has to be said that the UK, US and many other governments have a large dose of the blame to take when it comes to getting the message out about wearing masks, the first pandemic was a complete and utter joke, and subsequent efforts have not been much better.

I saw an elderly, infirm woman, must have been around 80 wearing a mask standing around a meter over a counter getting lottery tickets from a young girl without a mask in Morrisons supermarket because the UK determined at one point for some unfathomable reason that supermarket staff were apparently immune to covid??

I could give many more examples, but you get the message 😉

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Clarmrrsn

Tank you very much!

Posted : 08/03/2021 12:07 pm
CybrSage liked
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @pcweber

Since we're in agreement, that wearing masks save lives. Then one must see that if one can save even one life that it's worth the sacrifice and a very small price to pay for that life. 

You will wear a mask forever, then, right?  This statement says you must or you do not believe it yourself.   People died or diseases every day before covid.

Wearing the mask forever is a small price to pay for those lives. 

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:28 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

@clarmrrsn

Yep, butbthere is no way to know who is not wearing a mask because they cannot and those who will not.

Karens attack both, Karens are evil.

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:30 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

@floh

Cloth masks don't protect the wearer at all.  If you can smell through your mask, as you can through cloth masks, then you have proven the lack of protection.

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:31 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@cybrsage

That is malarkey.  You need to read a little before you post statements that are so blatantly false.  The statistics on COVID and influenza reduction plus binders full of research prove this false.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:37 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @bobstro

[...] They are not effective in stopping anything, so much so that the transmission rate of even the flu is high enough to ensure its continued spread while wearing a cloth mask.

I disagree with what seems to be your conclusion. You seem to be stating that because masks are not 100% effective, they should not be used. Citing what you just wrote, the transmission of flu is dramatically lower this year precisely because of mask and distancing initiatives. Again, I'll cite the example of seatbelts. They do not prevent deaths from automotive mishaps but they have a decided impact on reducing deaths and injuries. While one might not trust biased news sources, insurance interests beholden to nothing but the almighty dollar say so very clearly.

I say this as a counter to all those who claim masks work.  It is a reminder they do not stop the transmission.  They never have.  And as a counter to what appears to be your voew that people should attack those who are not wearing one.  Many are hateful and do that.  Everyone should disavow such actions publicly.

Masks are being given the success that is provided by social distancing.  The flu is reduced due to that as well.  Why do you think the flu season is in the cold months?  It is not due to the flu liking the cold.

The cold months us when we start crowding together inside.  It is the lack of distance that increases the infections.

People are using their ill fitting cloth masks like a religious artifact, attacking those who refuse to show the symbol of the faith.  The faith is ill placed, theynshould instead put their faith in social distancing.

But wearing a mask is easy while staying apart os too hard, even though the mask does not stop the spread and distancing does.

This post was modified 3 years ago by CybrSage
Posted : 08/03/2021 1:38 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Guys, stop feeding the troll.  This guy is full of malarkey.  No proof, just his opinion.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:39 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @bobstro

I say this as a count to all those who claim masks work.  It is a reminder they do not stop the transmission.  They never have.

Masks are being given the success that is provided by social distancing.  The flu is reduced due to that as well.  Why do you think the flu season is in the cold months?  It is not due to the flu liking the cold.

The cold months us when we start crowding together inside.  It is the lack of distance that increases the infections.

People are using their ill fitting cloth masks like a religious artifact, attacking those who refuse to show the symbol of the faith.  The faith is ill placed, theynshould instead put their faith in social distancing.

But wearing a mask is easy while staying apart os too hard, even though the mask does not stop the spread and distancing does.

What expertise do you have to base this claim?  What research?  Given me one evidence based study.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:40 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

Guys, stop feeding the troll.  This guy is full of malarkey.  No proof, just his opinion.  

And there it is.  The "he does not agree with me so I will denigrate him" post.

Ok, Karen.

This post was modified 3 years ago by CybrSage
Posted : 08/03/2021 1:41 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

@cwbullet

Proof social distancing works?  Proof masks do not reduce the R0 factor to under one? Proof people verbally attack other who are not wearing a mask?

Which do you want?  Which are you unaware about?

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:43 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@cybrsage

No evidence proves my point.  You have none so you your proved my point.  You are trolling for a response.  

You can let me know when you find evidence.  Asking me to find some does not excuse the fact that you have zero.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 08/03/2021 1:45 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

@cybrsage

No evidence proves my point.  You have none so you your proved my point.  You are trolling for a response.  

You can let me know when you find evidence.  Asking me to find some does not excuse the fact that you have zero.  

I will say it again then.

Proof social distancing works?  Proof masks do not reduce the R0 factor to under one? Proof people verbally attack otherswho are not wearing a mask?

Which do you want?  Which are you unaware about?  Claiming I provide no proof so you can verbally denigrate me while not saying what you eant proof of is silly of you. 

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by CybrSage
Posted : 08/03/2021 1:46 pm
Page 7 / 20
Share: