Hello I am a Tech Ed Teacher with access to 6 3D printers and a large laser engraver. I was able to download the stl file for the head band and looking to get access to my machines. Thank you in advance as a teacher I tend to ask a lot of questions.
1. Which material is preferred? PLA and ABS
2. How do I print multiple? Should I stack them?
3. How long does the print take?
4. Preferred infill percent density?
5. Is there a preset gcode file that can just be printed?
6. The shield portion. What material am I using? I have a boss laser 24 by 40 bed, which in the settings says I can cut acrylic.
7. What's the preferred thickness for the shield?
Any help with this will be appreciated.
This is a link to Prusa's model files. All of the pertinent info is there.
To help with some of the questions;
1. PETG seems to be the preferred material as it can be sanitized more easily and has decent temperature resistance.
2. Prusa has provided a link with stacked versions.
3. Stacked versions are: 4 frames = 5h19m 8 frames = 11h6m
5. Yes, provided by prusa
6. Prusa used 0.5mm PETG sheets. Some people are using transperancy sheets for overhead projectors or A4 acetate sheets.
I hope some of that information helps.
100% thank you! very helpful