3D PRINTED FACE SHIELDS FOR MEDICS AND PROFESSIONALS - JOIN US!

Notifications
Clear all

3D PRINTED FACE SHIELDS FOR MEDICS AND PROFESSIONALS - JOIN US!  

Page 5 / 5
  RSS
robwills312
(@robwills312)
RE: 3D PRINTED FACE SHIELDS FOR MEDICS AND PROFESSIONALS - JOIN US!

Everything's copy is available in market, even the masks and it is not safe in this pandemic

Posted : 16/07/2020 5:39 am
susanne
(@susanne)

Has anyone tried printing this out on a mini?

Posted : 03/09/2020 5:08 pm
shoyler
(@shoyler)

Apologies if this has already been asked but I can't find any answers online.

Is there a 0.6mm nozzle variant for these prints? Especially looking for the stack prints. I keep trying to slice a 0.6mm version off of the 3mf files and I'm getting slice times that are way longer than the optimized 0.4mm gcode files made available at the start of the pandemic.

I expect that the US is not going to handle this well in the coming months with flu season so if I can optimize my own production line, I can attempt to help more people in need. Given my experience with the 0.6mm nozzle so far, I should be able to cut the 8 stack time from ~13hr to 6.5hrs.

Thanks!

Posted : 09/09/2020 11:45 pm
franktyger
(@franktyger)

3D Trend is Amazing.

Posted : 22/12/2020 4:55 pm
delwilson6241@gmail.com
(@delwilson6241gmail-com)

@danie-vandenberg

Yes, you can extend the shield material above the headband.  I use a 12" x 12" transparency sheet for overhead projectors.  Overhead projectors are obsolete but the sheets are still available from office supply stores; and you can print on them.  I set the attachment points for 9" below the headband and 3" above.  I don't angle the top part back but it wouldn't be difficult.

Posted : 22/12/2020 8:20 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

I used this material, built a fixture and milled from the raw panels:

Unfortunately, I don't have a laser cutter, but it was still easy to manufacture.
I also use the shield as a face protector in the studio, because Vivac is extremely robust.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 22/12/2020 11:49 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: