Notifications
Clear all

330 watt UVC Sterilising Lamp design  

RSS
Angus
(@angus-3)
330 watt UVC Sterilising Lamp design
Hi
I have developed and made several working prototypes of  UVC 330w sterilising Lamp similar to the small one's used in hospitals  for friends &  family.
They are built around 6 * 55watt Osram Puritec  and control gear stored in  a central support tube, all connected with some 3d printed parts. They could be useful for disinfection purposes in hospitals and care homes.
Several of my friends have suggested that I post the designs on the Prusa Forum or Thingiverse- I am concerned that although they can be very effective in killing viruses they are also very dangerous as they create UVC light which can cause cancer and cataracts if used in appropriately. What is the legal position concerned with posting designs that could be dangerous if used in appropriately.

Many thanks Angus
Attachment removed
Posted : 30/03/2020 4:05 pm
You liked
Angus
(@angus-3)
Topic starter answered:
RE: 330 watt UVC Sterilising Lamp design

I should add for safety reasons they need an off microwave movement detector- people who are good with robots could motorise them as well- but I have just kept it simple for the moment to see how it works.

Posted : 30/03/2020 4:09 pm
Angus
(@angus-3)
Topic starter answered:

another view

This post was modified 4 years ago by Angus
Posted : 30/03/2020 4:18 pm
123misha
(@123misha)

HI,

I'm new about UV Light. Can anyone tell me if it is effective if we use it for disinfection?

Posted : 30/09/2020 4:07 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

UVC is great for killing biological units, including eyes, skin, etc. Unless you understand it, just don't.

Posted : 07/10/2020 6:46 pm
123misha
(@123misha)

Appreciate it. Been reading articles about UV Light to understand more.

Posted : 08/10/2020 5:20 pm
rtorres
(@rtorres)

For general use, I think that UV-C is a good alternative to disinfect masks, keys, phones, and a lot of things, not in "open space" but in a closed box. UVC is dangerous to any biological tissue.

Design a closed box, install a UV-C tube or LEDs, and make sure the box is closed before switching on any power. Much lower power may be needed. Probably an inner surface UVC-reflective can help (aluminium sheet?)

Posted : 23/01/2021 12:38 pm
Gustavo Woltmann
(@gustavo-woltmann)

I have now decided to purchase a UV-C lamp and would like to which ones are good?

Gustavo Woltmann

Posted : 24/01/2021 7:21 pm
Flying printer
(@flying-printer)
Eminent Member

Replying to push the spam down the list in the this forum.

Posted : 06/03/2021 4:40 pm
Share: