Z axis of my brand new Prusa mini is stuck at the top and will not move down..so i cant actually start printing...

Notifications
Clear all

Z axis of my brand new Prusa mini is stuck at the top and will not move down..so i cant actually start printing...  

RSS
druckerei
(@druckerei)

Hi, I just got a mini, and it was an already assembled model (3 part one, with 4 screws to assemble..), brand new straight from Prusa both plates (PEI/textured), filament sensor, everything sealed... but obviously there must be a problem, in my case it is the (z-axis) is stuck up... not moving down or giving any sign of actually working... Is it held up there with something hidden for transportation? what am I missing? all axis are working great, except for the z-axis which is just failing the first wizard calibration test, and even with motors turned off, or the machine turned off I can not move it down ... in most cases, this is some type of being new to a machine type of thing that the first time user is unaware of, but I searched google, yt, etc and came empty-handed, any advice? Thanks!

Posted : 28/12/2020 6:17 pm
avh
 avh
(@avh)
Eminent Member
RE: Z axis of my brand new Prusa mini is stuck at the top and will not move down..so i cant actually start printing...

So if I understand you correctly, you can not physically turn the Z-axis threaded rod, even manually?

Posted : 28/12/2020 7:03 pm
druckerei
(@druckerei)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Z axis of my brand new Prusa mini is stuck at the top and will not move down..so i cant actually start printing...

That is correct, I have spoken to the technical support team and I will get my z-axis replaced since I pulled it out and it was completely stuck, you can use it as a device to flatten chicken breasts before frying in the pan...

Posted : 29/12/2020 8:10 am
Share: