Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Mini unable to continue (spontaneous pausing)  

RSS
BA
 BA
(@ba)
Prusa Mini unable to continue (spontaneous pausing)

We started a print and it was going fine (a little stringing but otherwise fine). 9 hours later the print spontaneously paused. Unpausing will start up again but a few second s later it will pause again. Using PLA Prusament. Firmware is 4.1 i believe. Could it be because we've had a heatwave today? It only started happening well after the sun set and it started to cool off outside.

Posted : 08/09/2020 4:44 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Prusa Mini unable to continue (spontaneous pausing)
Posted by: @ba

We started a print and it was going fine (a little stringing but otherwise fine). 9 hours later the print spontaneously paused. Unpausing will start up again but a few second s later it will pause again. Using PLA Prusament. Firmware is 4.1 i believe. Could it be because we've had a heatwave today? It only started happening well after the sun set and it started to cool off outside.

Hello and welcome to the Prusaforum!

Can you describe the error in more detail?
Did the printing pause automatically or did an error message appear on the display?

When printing PLA you should make sure that the temperature does not rise above 35 degrees C. Likewise, the extruder motor should not become too hot, otherwise it cannot feed the filament.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 08/09/2020 10:40 am
BA
 BA
(@ba)
Topic starter answered:

It was automatic. No obvious error on the screen. It looked like it heated to 216 degrees and then paused. That happened repeatedly. We eventually gave up and canceled the print. I'm guessing it's because it was so hot here. It was well over 35 C outside all day and our home was about the same. I guess we'll have to wait for cooler weather. 

Posted : 09/09/2020 3:22 am
Nick
 Nick
(@nick-17)
try another firmware and reset everything
Posted : 10/09/2020 9:05 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@ba

Normally an error message should appear in such cases. Maybe you should do first a factory reset. I also have temperatures around 33 degrees C., but with fw 4.2.0 and printing ASA the Mini runs without any problems (no enclosure).

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 10/09/2020 9:29 pm
Share: