Mini+ succeeds first layer test, fails first print  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
nett_flanders
(@nett_flanders)
RE: Mini+ succeeds first layer test, fails first print

Hi guys,

you were absolutely right.
The SPINDA was mounted the same height like the nozzle. Mounting it to the right 1,5mm distance to the nozzle using fuchsr's little tool did the trick.
Thank you all 🙂

Best regards,
Stefan

Posted : 26/05/2021 7:28 am
AUILabs
(@auilabs)

@andy-w

Did you use this temp for PLA?

Posted : 28/05/2021 12:43 pm
Hellweaver666
(@hellweaver666)

@auilabs

Yup. I tried all the adjustments support suggested but my nozzle would always clog at the recommendation temps. At 225°c I get perfect prints. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted : 28/05/2021 3:06 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@andy-w

That might be the right temp for this filament.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 28/05/2021 3:13 pm
AUILabs
(@auilabs)
Posted by: @andy-w

@auilabs

Yup. I tried all the adjustments support suggested but my nozzle would always clog at the recommendation temps. At 225°c I get perfect prints. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow, this is the temp it suggests for ABS and way higher than it states for PLA. I might have to try going super hot for PLA

Posted : 29/05/2021 1:35 am
Russwig
(@russwig)

@nett_flanders

Looks like you are too high. The purge line at the beginning should be flat, the lines that follow should also appear flat but will be narrower than the purge line. the rectangle that forms at the end of the print should not have gaps between the lines of filament that fill the box when it is peeled off the plate. Mine remind me of tape when I peel them off. 

RW...

Posted : 30/05/2021 11:39 pm
Codyyy
(@codyyy)

If the Z height was much too high, would the filament curl upon exiting the nozzle? I got my Mini preassembled on Saturday and have yet to get anything to calibrate or print. I’ve tried settings from Z-.15 to Z-.91 and I’m getting the same result. When the filament actually comes out straight down it pulls pretty far during calibration, and then when printing the rectangle the filament just curls around and gets stuck around the nozzle. I did a couple cold pulls thinking it was clogged, but it’s the same problem. The filament doesn’t melt together on the table either. I’m using the bundled Prusament in jet black if that helps.

Posted : 10/06/2021 11:58 pm
Menapia
(@menapia)

We were having exactly this problem, z test worked perfectly but actual prints were way out for z leveling. turned out to be a slicer issue.

When slicing I accidentally imported MK3 printer settings. Going back to default MINI printer settings fixed the issue completely

Posted : 10/03/2023 12:08 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: