Live Z is maxxed out, -2.000, MINDA probe is set correctly, Firmware updated, no good. Factory build, not kit. What now?

Notifications
Clear all

Live Z is maxxed out, -2.000, MINDA probe is set correctly, Firmware updated, no good. Factory build, not kit. What now?  

RSS
RC000E
(@rc000e)

I have the mini+, and I am switching my Creality farm over to Prusa but this is now the 3rd (I have 8 more coming) and it's got issues.  Won't calibrate and get close to the bed.  I switched it off, manually lowered the Z and the picture shows how tight the MINDA sensor is, so that can't be the issue.  It's certainly less than 1mm away so that's not the issue.  I updated the firmware, no success.  3 of my other Prusa's have been lost by Fedex but trying to transition quickly.  Any suggestions...seems like the probe is bad.  I watch it do a mesh and it shows mm away from the bed and seems very far.

Best Answer by Mattflow:

As someone that had the same issue - Your Probe and nozzle are level.. They shouldn't be..  

and the spacing in the manual/online is still too small (plastic tie or a credit card?)

Readjust the SPINDA probe for 1.5 to 2.0 MM (2 Credit Cards or with some of the handy spacer tools available in the PrusaPrinters Prints page) and You'll see that Z-Axis drop to much friendlier numbers 

Posted : 20/09/2021 10:06 pm
Mattflow
(@mattflow)
Spaced out

As someone that had the same issue - Your Probe and nozzle are level.. They shouldn't be..  

and the spacing in the manual/online is still too small (plastic tie or a credit card?)

Readjust the SPINDA probe for 1.5 to 2.0 MM (2 Credit Cards or with some of the handy spacer tools available in the PrusaPrinters Prints page) and You'll see that Z-Axis drop to much friendlier numbers 

Posted : 21/09/2021 2:52 am
RC000E liked
RC000E
(@rc000e)
Topic starter answered:
Hmmm

I'll try it and reply shortly.

Posted : 21/09/2021 4:38 am
RC000E
(@rc000e)
Topic starter answered:
YESSSS!

Removed the three fasteners and spun the plastic one time.  Seems one rotation equaled .5mm or so.  I'm right in the zone at -1.73 now from what looked like -2.2 (max at -2.000 though, couldn't go closer).  Yep...needs to be unequal for sure.  Thank you so much!  

Posted : 21/09/2021 5:01 am
Mattflow
(@mattflow)
Nice to hear

I actually had a faulty SPINDA on delivery, fixed now with Support help.. 

But after crawling through this forum - I found the help fantastic.. Especially with stuff like this

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/50161-simple-super-pinda-calibration-tool

Try that for your calibration and you'll be under -1.00 in no time.. I'm around -.700 with the steel sheet.. 

Posted : 21/09/2021 5:24 am
Laurens De Vlieger
(@laurens-de-vlieger)
Thanks!!

This helped me so much. Started my first print now and its the helping tool for the sensor. It's my first prusa print and it looks amazing. Thanks a lot mattflow!

Posted : 22/10/2021 8:47 pm
Share: