Notifications
Clear all

Infill clicking/under extrusion/mess  

RSS
ferdiwillemse
(@ferdiwillemse)
Infill clicking/under extrusion/mess

Hi all,

I received my Mini about a week ago and have only been able to get one successful print, which was my first print. After that I frequently had problems and inconsistent layers.

when the printer is printing infills, it almost ALWAYS is clicking and under extruding. Leaving gaps, clots and sometimes scraping layers.

I also made sure to do many tests to make sure my first layer was 0.2mm thick and perfectly even. I took the tube off, did some cold pulls, made sure the gear was free of PLA residue, tightened all screws that were loose, etc.

this is my first 3D printer and I don’t mind wasting full rolls of filament on getting it right, but at this point I don’t know what to do anymore. I have read many threads, watched tons of videos and still can’t figure it out  (but that might have to do with my small brain 😂)

I have attached photos from my latest print. The first is pretty smooth, but the infill is a mess and the following layers are somewhat random.

Any tips? Would be much appreciated!

Best Answer by LeeM:

Did you check the length or replace the PTFE tube in the hotend ?

Mine was clicking, underextruding etc. after 3 days use and I found a clog in the hotend and that the original PTFE tube was too short (lots of other threads about this).
I replaced my PTFE tube with the one in the spares bag and not had a problem since.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by ferdiwillemse
Posted : 07/06/2020 3:26 pm
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member
RE: Infill clicking/under extrusion/mess

Did you check the length or replace the PTFE tube in the hotend ?

Mine was clicking, underextruding etc. after 3 days use and I found a clog in the hotend and that the original PTFE tube was too short (lots of other threads about this).
I replaced my PTFE tube with the one in the spares bag and not had a problem since.

Posted : 08/06/2020 7:26 am
ferdiwillemse
(@ferdiwillemse)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Infill clicking/under extrusion/mess

It’s fixed! It was indeed a problem with the hot end PTFE-tube. It was 1.3mm too short.  I replaced it with the spare PTFE-tube and all my problems are solved. Great, clean prints now.

Posted : 08/06/2020 6:58 pm
Share: