Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to remove the buddy board?  

RSS
TeachThePrints
(@teachtheprints)
Estimable Member
How to remove the buddy board?

Are there any instructions on how to remove the buddy board? I have to remove all the wires coming from the hotend, but I'm stuck with the power switch as it's in the way of lifting the buddy board enough to be able to take out the hotend heater wires.

I was trying to replace the minda with a SuperPINDA, however, the Minda wires are entangled with the hotend heater wires in such a way, that it's not possible to just remove the MINDA. Hence everything needs to be removed, before the SuperPINDA can be installed.

Prusa Mini FW4.4.1

Posted : 01/12/2020 4:27 pm
TeachThePrints
(@teachtheprints)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: How to remove the buddy board?

Missed the edit time, hence a new post

Below is a picture, why the disassembly is required. Two of the MINDA wires (brown and black) go under the other wires, while the third blue one wraps around...

I'm thinking cutting and resoldering might be quicker than disassembly 😀 but still looking for a non-destructive way of removing this probe.

Minda_wire_entangled

Prusa Mini FW4.4.1

Posted : 01/12/2020 4:51 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@teachtheprints

You don't have to remove the buddy board for this. Just unplug the affected connectors and untangle the cables. The MINDA is relatively easy to remove. To do this you must remove the cable ties on the textile hose and then pull out the sensor cable. The sensor itself is only clamped with one screw.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 01/12/2020 5:58 pm
TeachThePrints
(@teachtheprints)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

^ That was me not realizing, that the hotend heater wires have a pull-connector. I saw the screws on the side, which hold the wires in that plug. So I was under the impression, I somehow have to unscrew those wires, which is problematic, as the screws are only accessible from the side, so not enough room inside the buddy enclosure plus the power switch wires are blocking access too.

One pull and the wires got out, such an easy fix.

SuperPINDA is now live 😎 

Prusa Mini FW4.4.1

Posted : 01/12/2020 10:05 pm
Share: